Dr.Montano
    Last Activity
    10-23-2017 10:29 AM
    Said "Thanks" 47 Times
    Was Thanked 38 Times in 22 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Argh!!!!!!!!!

I've kept to myself lately because I've been blah and unhappy and plain ole grouchy. I know it's normal to have buyers remorse when you can't eat and you're tired of counting protein and ounces and etc. It seems I've bought every single product known to man to make things tolerable. I'm just being a whiner and I know I need to pull myself up by the boot straps. But, the last 5 days I haven't cared. I've managed my protein intake and my water. But, I've just not felt like I cared. I'm over halfway to the goal I set for myself. I'm 4 weeks post op and healthy. Why am I so blah??! This too shall pass they say. HURRY UP!

On a positive note, I found something today that I'm going to enjoy making. Thought I might share it with others in case they need or want it:

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/proteinshakes.htm

Hope everyone is doing well. I have missed being here, sorta....ugh

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    molly
    Surgery date
    04/25/2017
    Surgeon
    Rao
    Last Activity
    12-09-2018 04:03 PM
    Said "Thanks" 24 Times
    Was Thanked 22 Times in 15 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 16 Times

Default Re: Argh!!!!!!!!!

I went through the same feelings around that time and I ended up attributing it to hormones trying to keep up with the weight loss. What helped me was talking to people i trusted about how i felt it I slowly got out of the ditch

Pre op weight 114kg
    6 weeks post op 102kg
    12 weeks post op 95kg
    17 weeks post op 91kg
    20 weeks post op 89kg
    6 months post op 86kg
    8months post op 81kg

5. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    07/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-05-2018 11:36 AM
    Said "Thanks" 285 Times
    Was Thanked 245 Times in 196 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 567 Times
    Blog Entries

Thank you for the share!!! I am keeping the link for reference I know how you feel and felt the same way you are feeling now for a little bit a month or so after surgery... I thought it might be how I react after I have been put under? I have felt depressed a little bit afterwards. It is weird a month later but I tried to focus on the positive aspects and really felt a lot better. I too used food as my drug of choice to mask my feelings, good and bad. When food was no longer an available option I had to learn to deal with that too. I see people say over and over on this site that it is a mental fight and you really learn a lot about yourself after you are sleeved. The successful people seem to try, learn, sometimes fail, get up, REPEAT xoxoxoxoxo

Glad you are back!!

7. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member MegannsMom's Avatar
    Name
    Missy
    Surgery date
    08/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr.Montano
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 47 Times
    Blog Entries

Thank you both so much! I'm not going to get derailed but I have to say it was tempting for a split second there. I just get up every day trying to be one ounce better than the day before. I guess that's all any of us can do.

9. Said thanks:

Name
    Glenn
    Surgery date
    02/02/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Perrillo
    Last Activity
    08-23-2020 06:45 AM
    Said "Thanks" 259 Times
    Was Thanked 475 Times in 285 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 177 Times

The first month was tough for me as well. Try to exercise? Also, how is the weight loss going? You should be seeing results by now. For me, after the first month the weight really peeled off and that was all the encouragement I needed. I started working out as soon as I was cleared by the Dr. I am definitely a stress eater, and that first month was tough because I couldn't eat. Now I exercise to relieve stress so the food issue is not as dire.... There are days however when I could go off the deep end and eat like crazy. Mental game is much harder than the physical one. My wife gets on me about signing up for triathlons and road races and I keep telling her I'm doing it to keep me honest and stay on track. I am slightly worried about the coming winter when it will be difficult to get outside to run, and food will be much more tempting as a substitute.....

Now I'm rambling..... First month was tough. Keep on track, don't lose focus on the prize.

Hope this helps....
    LOVING MY NEW LIFE!!!!

"Never take life to seriously, no one gets out alive anyway!"

Remember, in this thing, it's a good thing to be a loser!

High Weight - 317
    Pre Surgery Weight - 291
    Current Weight - 181 OMG
    Target Weight -205 That's right, 205!!!!

11. Said thanks:

12. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Missy
    Surgery date
    08/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr.Montano
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 47 Times
    Blog Entries

Thanks Glenn! Yep, I'm over halfway to my goal. Total lost of 34 right now, so I'm seeing results. I've went from 2-3X down to Large in my shirts. I'm finding bones where I saw fluff. All of that is encouraging. I just hit a tough spot and I'm proud that I didn't derail and give up. I managed to keep my protein intake and water intake up. Just kind of sick of it already.

Congrats on your addiction to exercise. I'm afraid that won't ever be the case for me. I live in the middle of nowhere so I've got to find something I can begin doing here at home. Going to a gym isn't an option.

14. Said thanks:

Name
    Glenn
    Surgery date
    02/02/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Perrillo
    Last Activity
    08-23-2020 06:45 AM
    Said "Thanks" 259 Times
    Was Thanked 475 Times in 285 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 177 Times

Quote Originally Posted by MegannsMom View Post
    Thanks Glenn! Yep, I'm over halfway to my goal. Total lost of 34 right now, so I'm seeing results. I've went from 2-3X down to Large in my shirts. I'm finding bones where I saw fluff. All of that is encouraging. I just hit a tough spot and I'm proud that I didn't derail and give up. I managed to keep my protein intake and water intake up. Just kind of sick of it already.

Congrats on your addiction to exercise. I'm afraid that won't ever be the case for me. I live in the middle of nowhere so I've got to find something I can begin doing here at home. Going to a gym isn't an option.
    I carry two 32oz Nalgene bottles around with me everywhere I go. One is in my hand or next to me always and the other is never far away. I know if I get both those down than I am at 64 oz. It helps me stay on top of my water intake. Sometimes for me, not derailing is just one small victory like not having something I know I shouldn't eat. Some days it's tough, especially in a house with two kids (6 and 9) who love snacks and treats.....

I don't go to the gym (hate the gym).... My gym is/are the roads around my house. Run everyday. Started as walking, and I decided to run one day and I was amazed that it didn't hurt. I'm running a 1/2 marathon in 3 weeks (less than a year after surgery!!!!).
    LOVING MY NEW LIFE!!!!

"Never take life to seriously, no one gets out alive anyway!"

Remember, in this thing, it's a good thing to be a loser!

High Weight - 317
    Pre Surgery Weight - 291
    Current Weight - 181 OMG
    Target Weight -205 That's right, 205!!!!

Name
    Missy
    Surgery date
    08/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr.Montano
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 47 Times
    Blog Entries

That is inspiring!!!!! I'm going to do the walking thing once the snakes and creepy crawlies go back to sleeping for the winter. I love to go out walking, but I don't consider that much exercise.

I have a 15 month old that is a snacker. Funny though, she came in here and took away my homemade peanut butter and banana protein shake a few minutes ago. I'm hoping this is a good choice for her future as well. She's 99% of the reason I chose to have this. I want to be able to watch her grow and keep up with the lil tornado.

Gastric Sleeve Member Luv49ers19's Avatar
    Name
    Cody
    Surgery date
    05/23/2017
    Surgeon
    Daniel Leslie
    Last Activity
    09-27-2018 08:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 760 Times
    Was Thanked 547 Times in 375 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 275 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MegannsMom View Post
    I love to go out walking, but I don't consider that much exercise.
    I know walking doesn't seem like much but it is HUGE! Just getting out and moving helps. I know it helps me. I can't afford to go to a gym so I walk. I'm also worried about the winter months.. I live in central Minnesota and it gets really cold and lots of snow. I HATE the mall but i may have to use it over the winter. Got to do what I've got to do!
    Glad you are doing better. Finding bones is such a fun experience....except when you hit one!
    Hw: 260
    Sw: 260 10/23/16
    Weight at time of sleeve 209 (-51)
    Sleeve date 5/23/17
    1 month:187 (-22)
    2 month:178 (-9)
    3 month:172 (-6)
    4 month:162 (-10)
    5 month:150 (-12) (10/28/17) 6 month goal!!!!
    6 month: 143 (-7)
    7 month: 136 (-7)
    8 month: 131 (-5) made goal weight 130 (2/8/2017)
    9 month: 125 (-6)
    10 month: 120 (-5)
    11 month: 115 (-5)
    1 year: 114 (-1)
    16 months: 120 (+6)

18. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

See....I was never counting things like other people. I would kinda mentally tally up my protein/fluid intake in my head. As I began eating more solids I did not really count because I had no idea how much was in the meats I was eating. I Just made sure I was getting it in. I think not driving myself crazy with the counting helped me not feel like it was all a burden. You should be on full foods now, right? I know I was supposed to be able to eat all solids around a month out. I went early though. I also went into soft/pureed foods early. But I did make sure I was chewing it really well and I was avoiding carbs at that time. Eventually you do not have to think about what you are eating at all...within reason. I don't count anything. Just make good choices but if I want something I will eat it. It gets better. You will have a normal (ish) life again. I can tell you that being thin and healthy makes me happy all the time. I can't stop checking myself out!

20. Said thanks:

Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    01/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Marcelo Hernandez
    Last Activity
    12-21-2018 09:19 AM
    Said "Thanks" 774 Times
    Was Thanked 242 Times in 169 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,104 Times

Man! I was so pissed off that I couldn't eat at first! But now that I've gotten used to it, I love it! Hang in there, surgery is a big adjustment! You got this!

22. Said thanks:

Name
    Missy
    Surgery date
    08/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr.Montano
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 47 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Luv49ers19 View Post
    I know walking doesn't seem like much but it is HUGE! Just getting out and moving helps. I know it helps me. I can't afford to go to a gym so I walk. I'm also worried about the winter months.. I live in central Minnesota and it gets really cold and lots of snow. I HATE the mall but i may have to use it over the winter. Got to do what I've got to do!
    Glad you are doing better. Finding bones is such a fun experience....except when you hit one!
    We have no snow and very little cold down here in Texas. So I'll be walking away during the winter in my shorts lol

Name
    Missy
    Surgery date
    08/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr.Montano
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 47 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Christie13 View Post
    See....I was never counting things like other people. I would kinda mentally tally up my protein/fluid intake in my head. As I began eating more solids I did not really count because I had no idea how much was in the meats I was eating. I Just made sure I was getting it in. I think not driving myself crazy with the counting helped me not feel like it was all a burden. You should be on full foods now, right? I know I was supposed to be able to eat all solids around a month out. I went early though. I also went into soft/pureed foods early. But I did make sure I was chewing it really well and I was avoiding carbs at that time. Eventually you do not have to think about what you are eating at all...within reason. I don't count anything. Just make good choices but if I want something I will eat it. It gets better. You will have a normal (ish) life again. I can tell you that being thin and healthy makes me happy all the time. I can't stop checking myself out!
    I'm just counting water and protein because I suck at both. I don't count calories and I'm not denying foods, (if I ever want them). I'm just not real good at my liquid intake. Never have been. In fact, I SUCK at it lol

Name
    Missy
    Surgery date
    08/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr.Montano
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 47 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lisa73me View Post
    Man! I was so pissed off that I couldn't eat at first! But now that I've gotten used to it, I love it! Hang in there, surgery is a big adjustment! You got this!
    I don't mind not eating actually. I have no appetite anyhow. Nothing ever sounds good or inviting. thanks for the encouragement. I'm not sure if I've got this or it's got me most days LOL

26. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member bigdogluver's Avatar
    Name
    Laura
    Surgery date
    03/22/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alex Gandsas
    Last Activity
    12-24-2018 07:57 AM
    Said "Thanks" 241 Times
    Was Thanked 253 Times in 180 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 99 Times
    Blog Entries

This too will pass. I think I felt the same at the time period you are in. You are fed up and want to chewy something. I recommend frozen sugar free ice pops. Hang in there, it does get better! All the best!