Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-05-2018 11:36 AM
    Said "Thanks" 285 Times
    Was Thanked 245 Times in 196 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 567 Times
    Blog Entries

Default What does your daily menu look like... Sleevers 2+ months out

I am just curious... what does everyone's normal menu for the day look like? I am still trying to put my food plan together. It would be really helpful to see what others are eating. Thank you. xo

I should have added what I've been eating the last few months... after I was off liquids.

I start off the day with my supplements: (2) Bariatric Advantage Multi chewable, (1) B12, (1) B1, Calcium Citrate 3x day ...sorry I will have to check when I get home... I'm forgetting something? Also, you don't see any protein shakes below. I have to start counting my nutrition and getting protein in. I get full and don't get the shakes in.

Breakfast: Boiled egg with butter spray/pepper. Watermelon.

Lunch: Colby cheese slice, small turkey patty, green beans.

Dinner: Just some meat/veggie...whatever we have and a SF popsicle.

I got little round plastic cups/lids and fill my lunch box each night for the next day and try to meal prep the best I can.... but lately I've been just throwing together what I have and need to get back to mindfully planning what I am going to eat. I am finding that carbs go down pretty smooth - which is not good for my weight loss (little goldfish crackers...) and meat of any kind really does not. I'm still learning what works for me.

Things that I have really loved and need to stock back up on are the following:

Homemade soup - I love veggie soup with ground turkey and beans. I need to also try a white chicken chili
    Cottage cheese
    Deviled eggs
    Tuna Salad

Can't wait to see what everyone else has for their "go to" foods. xoxoxoxo

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member NYCGIRL000's Avatar
    Surgery date
    07/15/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Jalil Illan
    Last Activity
    12-06-2018 10:04 AM
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Was Thanked 44 Times in 30 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: What does your daily menu look like... Sleevers 2+ months out

For me I usually start the morning with either an egg & cz or a fage yogurt or protein bar. then a snack will be some wonderslim protein soup or grapes and then lunch i love the wonderslim h igh protein spicy pasta and cz or refriend beans with cz and hot sauce or tuna or sardines...dinner is usually some sort of protein or soup ..and snacks are 100 calorie popcorn or sugar free popsicles

4. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    07/15/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Jalil Illan
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times

what are you eating? You lost so much weight so fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    07/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 285 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NYCGIRL000 View Post
    what are you eating? You lost so much weight so fast!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I updated my initial post to be a little more descriptive. I have not had an appetite so just kind of get in what I can. I struggle to get my liquids and protein shakes in... hence I recently had a 7mm kidney stone I know it is a process and each day is an opportunity to do it better!!! xo

Surgery date
    07/15/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Jalil Illan
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times

You sound like your eating really healthy! I hear you about carbs like crackers etc go down easy but two bites of protein for me and I'm done, I get completely full. I also love whipped cottage cheese.. Delicious!. I just can't bare to drink the shakes anymore!! That's why I ordered the high protein soups and pasta. They are low calories and high protein. I went to dinner the other night and ordered onion soup and fries thinking potatoes were safe. I ate two and had to run to the restroom to throw up omg how embarrassing I'll never touch another fry the rest of my life! Lol

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Surgery date
    07/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 285 Times
    Blog Entries

You sound like your eating really healthy! I hear you about carbs like crackers etc go down easy but two bites of protein for me and I'm done, I get completely full. I also love whipped cottage cheese.. Delicious!. I just can't bare to drink the shakes anymore!! That's why I ordered the high protein soups and pasta. They are low calories and high protein. I went to dinner the other night and ordered onion soup and fries thinking potatoes were safe. I ate two and had to run to the restroom to throw up omg how embarrassing I'll never touch another fry the rest of my life! Lol
    I can so relate. We made food over the Labor Day holiday when our kids came over with their families and the next day I thought I would have a few of the fried potatoes that morning. I did the same thing. I have not been that sick in a very long time.

Surgery date
    07/12/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ma
    Last Activity
    10-17-2017 03:53 PM
    Said "Thanks" 766 Times
    Was Thanked 123 Times in 87 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 532 Times

My nutritionist has a very strict plan to follow. I start my day with all of my supplements and Rx's followed by breakfast. I am supposed to eat 3 meals a day and each meal is not to exceed 1/3 cup total food. Only 1 meal a day can be a liquid meal, i.e. protein shake. So usually for breakfast I have a combination of cottage cheese, no sugar peanut butter and applesauce (1/3 cup total). Snacking is also discouraged so instead of snacks I drink lots of liquids like vitamin water, protein water, V-8 juice and some plain water, but that is really hard for me to get down. Plain water just tastes like mud most of the time. For lunch I usually have 1/3 cup of soup, usually something with meat and veges. For dinner some kind of meat and vege, but when it can only be 1/3 cup it takes some creativity to get both in. I bought a Zoodle maker and that has helped. I make zucchini noodles and homemade spaghetti sauce with ground beef or turkey and that makes a great dinner. I usually eat dinner early, so I have my 1 snack of the day, 1/4 cup cashews in the evening. Sometimes I wonder if I'm loosing as slow as I am because I'm not eating enough, but I'm following the guidelines to the letter.
    Linda 51

11. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    07/15/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Jalil Illan
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times

I'm losing slow too. I only lost 43 lbs since pre op July 5..I don't really care as long as the scale goes down and not up!

Name
    Tamera Anderson
    Surgery date
    01/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-04-2024 03:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 440 Times
    Was Thanked 673 Times in 472 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,539 Times

Thumbs up Re: What does your daily menu look like... Sleevers 2+ months out

I'm losing slow too. I only lost 43 lbs since pre op July 5..I don't really care as long as the scale goes down and not up!
    You all look like your loosing good amount of weight. You all are being to hard on yourself. Look at my signature and you'll see some months better than others but it all adds up. Keep up the good work ladies!!! One thing I noticed for me is the weeks I drank one to two protein drinks a day I lost more weight at a faster pace. I try to have a premier shake either for breakfast or evening snack or both depending on my exercise schedule. I will have a fried egg, side of fruit for breakfast. I wiill have to share rest of my routine later. just noticed the time and I have an appointment soon. sorry.
    Highest weight- 288 / Wt at Surgery 268
    1 month 236 -29lbs 2 month 214 -22lbs 3 month 206 -08lbs 4 month 196 -10lbs 5 month 185 -11lbs 6 month 178 -7lbs 7 month 172 -6lbs 9mos -12lbs 156 13mos later wt.144lbs, Wt.138 -150lbs in 15mos

14. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    07/15/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Jalil Illan
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times

Omg u were down to 214 in two months???? How come I'm losing so slow? What exactly did u eat each day to lose that fast?? Your so lucky!!!

16. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member DesertGal's Avatar
    Name
    Lori
    Surgery date
    03/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Teng
    Last Activity
    04-22-2021 12:54 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1,835 Times
    Was Thanked 699 Times in 431 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 197 Times
    Blog Entries

Like Linda51, my surgeon and nutritionist told me I should NEVER eat more than 1/2 cup of food anytime. Well, in the beginning, it was easy... I couldn't eat more than 2 TBS of anything without hurling my guts up. I stuck by the rule because I follows rules. I also had absolutely NO appetite either from surgery (March) up until mid July/early August? Now, sad to say, my hunger HAS returned. I am still watching what I eat but it's not too realistic for me to eat a half cup of food per meal. I get hungry... and I can't get calories into me that I need to get into me by eating measly amounts. With that said, I now eat what I make for my family, just tweaking my parts a bit (limit carbs now, instead of cutting them out completely, not many potatoes unless they are roasted and only a few bites), Halo Top ice cream when I need ICE CREAM; and just use caution.

Exercising will help tremendously. I started walking the week after surgery every morning (still do, outdoors) and I go to the gym for Zumba Fitness classes. I love it. I am stuck at losing my last pound before I hit my 'goal' weight (the one I told the doctor I wanted to get down to), but it's OK. I look and Feel GOOD!

Height: 5'8"
    Highest Weight: 270 BMI 40.3
    Day of Surgery Weight: 223 / Pre-Op nutrition diet: LOST 47 pounds
    1 Month Weight: 202 (-21 lbs.) TOTAL LOST: 64 pounds
    2 Month: Weight: 188 (-14 lbs.) TOTAL LOST: 78 pounds
    6 Month Weight: 169 (-2) BMI: 25.7 TOTAL LOST: 97 pounds
    "If you can't laugh at yourself, life's going to seem a whole lot longer."

18. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Today I had:
    Breakfast 20 oz nonfat latte w/Splenda (made with Fa!rlife high protein milk)
    Snack EAS Advant Edge protein shake
    Lunch turkey slices, muenster cheese, a few crackers
    Snack small can of Starbucks Double shot light espresso and cream
    Dinner baked Tilapia, streamed broccoli and cauliflower
    After dinner snack 2 sugar free popsicles

20. Said thanks:

Name
    Tamera Anderson
    Surgery date
    01/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-04-2024 03:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 440 Times
    Was Thanked 673 Times in 472 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,539 Times

Omg u were down to 214 in two months???? How come I'm losing so slow? What exactly did u eat each day to lose that fast?? Your so lucky!!!
    I started walking Day of surgery and haven't stoped moving, lol. By end of week 2 I was walking 5-7 miles daily. Than at 6 weeks I started hiking 3-4 days a week. I was hiking 8 or more miles at a time. I love hiking. Climbing mountains. I took up cycling too. Slowly working my way up to 50mile stretches. Week 8 I started lifting weights and using the machines. Not as regular until recently. Been busy hiking and backpacking this summer my second love passion cycling. Find exercise or a way to burn calories you can love. I joined hiking groups and found a way to do harder and more challenging but because I love being active it's not work. My latest project is running been working on that and enjoy it too. Forever I was so big I couldn't move and it was painful. Has the weight came off it felt good to move and addicting.
    Today I had a premiere protein shake for breakfast and small bundle of grapes for late am snack, lunch protein pasta( love the taste and texture like real pasta) made by Barilla get anywhere on pasta isle, comes in yellow box. With homemade beef stroganoff on top. Maybe 1 cup total. Dinner tuna salad on 1/2 of a half of daves killer wheat bread, tomatoes slices, thin sliced cheddar cheese on top, backed in oven and small slice of watermelon after. Protein drink before bed.
    When I have a hard Hike I'll have some carbs during or after. I still can't eat much at one time. But I always start with protein first and don't graze, or go back and finish my food I couldn't finish unless time for next meal. When I go out my hubby gives me 4 -6 bites of protein than I order side salad dressing on side or steam veggies. If with friend I order cup of soup if has protein of some kind and not cream base. Or something that will keep and use nexted day. I don't consume liquids during and wait 30mins after. I use popsicles a lot after meals too. You will learn to what you can have that maynot be everyday food as you exercise and or how your body burns calories. I hope this all makes sense. Happy to help if I can. I think your doing better than you think. Good luck
    Highest weight- 288 / Wt at Surgery 268
    1 month 236 -29lbs 2 month 214 -22lbs 3 month 206 -08lbs 4 month 196 -10lbs 5 month 185 -11lbs 6 month 178 -7lbs 7 month 172 -6lbs 9mos -12lbs 156 13mos later wt.144lbs, Wt.138 -150lbs in 15mos

22. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Carrie7227's Avatar
    Name
    Carrie
    Surgery date
    07/20/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Gonzalez
    Last Activity
    12-15-2017 12:18 PM
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

I just went to the Dr yesterday and he said I was above average in weight loss. I lose about a pound a day believe it or not. But I eat super super healthy.

I cut out carbs (not fruit or veg carbs), flour, sugar (1g) or natural sugar I eat in fruit, and red meat. I eat lots of vegetarian, vegan and raw foods. Chicken, seafood, turkey. Low fat or no fat (3g fat per 100 calories)

I pre make lots of things to make my choices easier as well. I mastered tofu, yes its' not as bad when you figure out how to make it. So egg cups for breakfast or greek yogurt zero. Occasional muscle milk in the morning if I have no appetite for food.

I snack on chips that are made with beans or beans themselves. I also love mushrooms and carrots so that is also a snack for me. Lunch varies I have the luxury of going home so I tend to eat whatever I made the night before. Last night I had tofu teryaki brown rice. The night before I made broccoli tot casserole with turkey, peas and no fat cream of mushroom.

My only vice is cheese so I try to limit myself to even buying it for anything because I love it, when I mean love it, it was the only thing I've missed that terrible nacho cheese at my sons football games lol.

I walk alot though too so I can imagine my calorie intake isn't keeping up for my exercise so I try and be careful because I have an electrolyte imbalance and an iron deficiency.

24. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    07/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 285 Times
    Blog Entries

You know my starting weight was 260 and the day of surgery I weighed 250... so I lost 10 pounds during pre-op. I was just stuck at the 260 mark for so long that I mentally use this as my starting weight. I think I am on track with everyone else in losing around 30 pounds in the first 2 months. You have done great at losing 42 pounds and your surgery was after mine!!!!