Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    01-03-2019 08:31 AM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 78 Times in 61 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,197 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Advice

I have had gastric sleeve surgery with Dr. Almanza in 2013. I then had a second sleeve surgery to fix the stretching in my sleeve and to try to get back my restriction, this did not work. I have no restriction and I am considering having my sleeve revised to the gastric bypass. Has anyone on here done this in Mexico, can anyone help with advice on the process, good Dr. recommendations best Agent service if used a 3rd party coordinator at all etc. I would really, really, appreciate the help because I am back up over 200 lbs. and I am so depressed and down on myself.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    07/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-05-2018 11:36 AM
    Said "Thanks" 285 Times
    Was Thanked 245 Times in 196 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 567 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Advice

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your sleeve Rochelle. I had my surgery with Dr. Almanza but I am only 2 months out. Have you talked to anyone (counselor) about food issues? Do you have a support system where you live? I know having surgery in Mexico and returning home, you could feel isolated if you did not have continued local support possibly? Is it a hunger issue? Do you get in your water/nutrition/supplements and still feel hungry? Is it a snacking thing? Sorry just trying to understand? xo

4. Said thanks:

Name
    Rochelle Dean
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    01-03-2019 08:31 AM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 78 Times in 61 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,197 Times
    Blog Entries

Its a not eating what i was suppposed to eat, a ton of slider foods, stretched my stomach, i have huge capacity to eat my weight on the scale is proving it. I have zero self control, never have. Yes i do still feel hunger, i always have, it never went away for me.

Name
    Tamera Anderson
    Surgery date
    01/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-04-2024 03:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 440 Times
    Was Thanked 673 Times in 472 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,539 Times

I'm really sorry your struggling so much. I don't want to come across mean or negative, I strongly recommend not having the bi-pass until you have conquered your eating disorder. You can overeat with the bi-pass too and when you ruin that there is nothing left. These surgeries are only a tool you still have to do the work and reprogram your brain. Your brain will trick you if you let it that was one of your downfalls. I worked for two years with a thearapist before I felt ready to have the surgery. It was the best thing I did for myself. Now I'm winning the war and not just a battle: I also attended a support group after surgery. I look at food completely different now. You need to fight for yourself because no one else can. You are worth fighting for, don't let food destroy your health and happiness. Try to remember how good you felt when you weighed less. No chips, cake, cookies will give that to you but it can slowly kill you and make you miserable. There is help available if your willing. There is no surgery out there that will solve this for you. I'm really sorry. I was in your shoes and I'm hear to tell you, you can win if you work hard and get professional help. You need to weigh yourself everyday and try to make changes to stop gaining weight. You can see my before and more current pic on the group site Dr Alvarez patients and TJ patients. I found seeing those very motivating along with reading there stories. I'm happy to answer any questions. I wish you success in conquering obesity.
    Highest weight- 288 / Wt at Surgery 268
    1 month 236 -29lbs 2 month 214 -22lbs 3 month 206 -08lbs 4 month 196 -10lbs 5 month 185 -11lbs 6 month 178 -7lbs 7 month 172 -6lbs 9mos -12lbs 156 13mos later wt.144lbs, Wt.138 -150lbs in 15mos

7. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Losinglbs2gainlife's Avatar
    Surgeon
    Heider Lake Norman Bariatrics
    Last Activity
    10-01-2017 10:52 PM
    Said "Thanks" 31 Times
    Was Thanked 13 Times in 10 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times
    Blog Entries

I can sense your frustration and sadness in your post. If you think getting a 3rd surgery would help you make the changes necessary to maintain a lower weight, then I think you should go for it!!! Maybe ask yourself, what will make it different this time? I'm rooting for you. Keep us updated.

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

I agree with Tamera. You need to get with a counselor or therapist for your eating disorder. You can gain weight after a bypass as well. My father had a bypass and gained quite a bit of weight back due to poor eating habits. He has recently lost it (70 lbs) due to going back to basics and exercising. I don't think bypass is your answer. You can eat around any surgery. You have to change your habits. The bypass would be a short term fix. Regardless of your decision, I wish you luck and hope you can find your way back onto the path of healthy eating.

11. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member azladyrider's Avatar
    Name
    Sue Ashe
    Surgery date
    06/28/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 42 Times
    Was Thanked 326 Times in 229 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times
    Blog Entries

I've never heard of the resleeve failing too.
    Had a friend of mine who had her sleeve converted to the mini bypass and she dropped weight immediately but I think last I saw she too is regaining again.