Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    07-07-2021 07:36 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: I've got blisters on my fingers......tinman's surgerversary rant

So grateful that someone referred me to your posts. I am beyond frustrated and a bit depressed because I have been unable to get the scale to budge. i feel so powerless.Had my sleeve in June of 2012. Started at 240. have lost 55 lbs with 3 or 4 pounds gains in between.. I tried WW. Low carb. Low calorie. Down to 800 calories. Go to pool 3x a week..walk 6000 steps the other days and am trying to move more.
    still little results. You've given me the first hope Ive had in two years. Thank you! Going to your pages now!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    07/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-05-2018 11:36 AM
    Said "Thanks" 285 Times
    Was Thanked 245 Times in 196 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 567 Times
    Blog Entries

Congratulations Tinman, 5 years of successful weight loss and maintenance is a major accomplishment. Our surgery is permanent and I like how you described learning to live "sleeved" in an "unsleeved" world. I am only a couple of months out and I am still trying to figure it all out. It is trial and error but I am down 42 pounds and feel very hopeful for my future with my new tummy. It gives me so much encouragement when I see posts from veterans such as yourself. Thank you for your well written update and Congrats again!!!!! Cheers!!!!!!!

Name
    Shirl
    Surgery date
    05/17/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sergey Lyass
    Said "Thanks" 976 Times
    Was Thanked 1,063 Times in 667 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,909 Times
    Blog Entries

Firstly, all y'alls affected by Hurricane Harvey are in my heart and thoughts! Wish I had the right words.

And most importantly, congratulations to you Tinman! Sometimes I will be reading something in relation to health or nutrition and I think of the many times I have read you mention same.

Wishing you continued success!

PS... let us know if you need anything out there!
    HW: 245lbs (11/15); SW: 226lbs (5/17/16) - Height: 5'6"

Post-Op Weight:
    M1: 211.3 (-14.7)
    M2: 203 (-8.3)
    M3: 196.5 (-6.5)
    M4: 191.5 (-5)
    M5: 186.3 (-5.2)
    M6: (?)
    M7: (?)
    M8: 179.4 (-6.9)
    M9: 177.1 (-2.3)
    M10: 174 (-3.1)
    M11: 171.5 (-2.5)
    M12: 171 (-.5)
    Y1.1: 170 (-1)

"Today is another day to get it right!"

Gastric Sleeve Member Molodyetz's Avatar
    Surgery date
    09/06/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Richard Nguyen
    Last Activity
    05-23-2019 01:42 PM
    Said "Thanks" 10 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 2 Posts

I'm replying to this thread just so I can find it in the future. I'm torn between the advice here and what my surgeon says of staying away from any from bread, pasta, rice and potatoes. I want to come back to this and reread it in the future.

Name
    Edie
    Surgery date
    11/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Phil lockie
    Last Activity
    04-27-2019 09:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 854 Times
    Was Thanked 1,179 Times in 902 Posts
    Blog Entries

Ha Ha! Margaritas! That's a point, I do love a dry martini fairly frequently... I guess I shall take that slow and work it out. sounds like great advice tinman. I'm not a fan of cutting out whole food groups and yea you gotta make it work for you. As for the advice given, if you ain't been there yet I guess you cant give it. Congrats on your success :-)

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by Molodyetz View Post
    I'm replying to this thread just so I can find it in the future. I'm torn between the advice here and what my surgeon says of staying away from any from bread, pasta, rice and potatoes. I want to come back to this and reread it in the future.
    Here's what I do, I typically don't eat bread, pasta, rice and potatoes. Probably never at home. But when I'm out at a restaurant with some amazing bread, sure I'll have a little. Or if we're out for pizza I'll have one piece. You're not going to go your whole life without any particular food, at least I'm not. That would be dieting, and none of us were good at that.

Last night while out I had my go-to favorite ahi tuna appetizer on slaw, but did have maybe 2 bites of hubby's lobster Mac and Cheese. It was amazing. And I didn't die or anything.

9. Said thanks: