Dr. Hany Basson
    Last Activity
    12-29-2022 08:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 72 Times
    Was Thanked 63 Times in 31 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default JPMLVM + 1 Checking In

Hey all you Sleevers out there,
    I want to chime in on an issue here because I have some words that might help some Sleeves. Both my wife and I had WLS (VSG) Me @ 59 Years, 271 Lbs, 5'11" 242 Days PO and Mrs @ 54 Years, 231 Lbs, 5'4" 252 Days PO........ We did it 10 days apart to help each other PO, No vacations or time off just a long December 2016 weekends. No one other then our Doctor the surgeon knows we have had any surgery.

We both started very strong and optimistic dropping pounds a week, Always on this Sleevers forum daily, MyFitnessPal hourly, ***************** reading everything.. Every time someone posted a huge loss, or a NSV we would be right there, cheering them on!! However after the so called honeymoon both of us were not loosing as fast as others Sleevers were, in comparison we were much slower, lots of stalling, our body's where not being cooperative, almost as if we didn't tell them of our ingenious plan. Actually at about 4 months Laura gave up visiting the forum, it made her upset to see others hitting it out of the park when all we could do is bunt.... stall.... bunt again.... get hit with the pitch... stall.... this went on for the last 4 long months. YESSS, we have both lost lots of excess fat weight, YESSS we have both lost inches all over our body’s, YESSS, we both feel, look and are medically much better then before surgery. YET, the excess skin issue…… that is always being discussed on WLS forums didn't seem as bad on us... Really overall, I am down 80 lbs, 34" Waist, today @191 Lbs got 13 Lbs to go to be NORMAL BMI. Laura is down 61 Lbs, looking good @170 Lbs, I glance over at her early this morning, she is sleeping on her stomach..... Yes, she has 34 more stubborn pounds to lose to be @ NORMAL BMI, it probably will take the 103 days left in her surgical VSG year, but hey we got on this WLS ride, should take it to the finish….. As Zack Brown says……

Got our toes in the water
    Ass in the sand
    Not a worry in world
    A cold beer in our hand
    Life’s been good today, VSG been good…..

Sleevers be good,
    To those few who loose 100 lbs in six months, Fan F'n tastic!! To those of us that loose ours in a longer time frame, I salute you....... You All have a GREAT VSG Day.......

JPMLVM Out!

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member tamstress's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/19/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. French
    Last Activity
    04-04-2022 04:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 56 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 12 Times

Default Re: JPMLVM + 1 Checking In

To me, your weight loss sounds fantastic. I guess I'm going to be a slow loser too. My attitude swings form "I'll take any loss I can get" to "why the hell am I not losing faster?" Some days I feel so blessed just to be feeling better and some days I want to cry because I feel like I should be so much further along. One day at a time, right?
    Wiggle those toes and have a sip of that beer for me while I work, OK?

5. Said thanks:

Name
    Glenn
    Surgery date
    02/02/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Perrillo
    Last Activity
    08-23-2020 06:45 AM
    Said "Thanks" 259 Times
    Was Thanked 475 Times in 285 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 177 Times

Congrats on you and your wifes weight loss. Everyday is a challenge, and the only easy day was yesterday! Keep up the good work, and it will pay off. You said it, but think about how much better off you are. I believe that Women statistically lose the weight slower than men, so your wife may feel bad/frustrated comparing to how you are doing.

Oh yeah. Don't drink the beer! It's all empty calories.....
    LOVING MY NEW LIFE!!!!

"Never take life to seriously, no one gets out alive anyway!"

Remember, in this thing, it's a good thing to be a loser!

High Weight - 317
    Pre Surgery Weight - 291
    Current Weight - 181 OMG
    Target Weight -205 That's right, 205!!!!

7. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

You guys are doing great. Do not let mind games screw you over. Everyone loses at their own pace. I used to get frustrated in the beginning, too. Then I said screw it and made it about my own journey. A few things happened...I started to listen to my body and how it was responding. I would notice that as my weight stalled or slowed it was always because I need to UP my calories...I know, counterintuitive but it was true. I also noticed that I was doing just fine without that extra stress of comparing myself. I have only lost 74 lbs post op. I lost 20 during my pre op. And I am 7 weeks farther out than you and Laura. And you know what?? I think I am pretty bad ass for losing 74 lbs. It is not monumental but it is mine. I want you to give Laura a big ass hug from me and tell her to be proud of what she has accomplished. Getting upset and frustrated will only hinder her efforts. She is doing a great and needs to know that. Some people lose slower than others. End of story. We just always really notice those fast losers and think WOW!!! And at a starting weight of 231 she is a smaller sleever. Big hugs guys. You are doing GREAT so do NOT GIVE UP!

9. Said thanks: