Surgeon
    Mr Kadirkamanathan
    Last Activity
    09-01-2017 08:11 AM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Red face 13 days to go

Had my pre-op yesterday and just received the call.... my bloods are normal, no more anaemia so surgery will go ahead on the 8th August as planned!

I'm so relieved it has not been postponed again, I am so ready to start my journey and start making plans for the future and stop hiding in this fat body.

The liver shrinking diet is going OK although I am very hungry in the evenings but I try to keep myself busy and remember it is only for another couple of weeks and then my journey will begin.

Any suggestions of things I may need for my hospital stay - I've ordered Gas X strips online from a drugstore in the US via Ebay and ordered my medication in liquid form but sure I'm forgetting something.

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    07/12/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ma
    Last Activity
    10-17-2017 03:53 PM
    Said "Thanks" 766 Times
    Was Thanked 123 Times in 87 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 532 Times

Default Re: 13 days to go

The things I appreciated most in the hospital that I brought from home were my own light weight robe and comfy slippers. They expected us to walk around in their little non-skid socks. That would have been very uncomfortable and I'm not happy with the possible exposure of my bare behind without my robe. I know these are common sense things that you've probably already thought of, but the nurses made me think that a lot of people forget to bring these things.
    Linda 51

5. Said thanks:

Name
    Martini
    Surgery date
    10/20/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    03-06-2018 04:35 PM
    Said "Thanks" 125 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 145 Times
    Blog Entries

what type of meds did you order? and how did you know to get them in liquid? did your dr. give you a script for them?

Last Activity
    11-06-2017 11:21 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

My surgery kept being denied by insurance for stupid clerical mistakes (on their part.) I finally had the surgery exactly a week ago. I think what I was happiest I brought with me to the hospital was my toothbrush and toothpaste, hairbrush and face wash. I had a horrible time with nausea and I couldn't keep water or fluids down and had to stay an extra night. The only thing that really made me feel sane was being able to brush my teeth at night, comb my hair and wash my face. Less icky. Another thing is if you have someone coming with you, and you end up having nausea, have them eat outside the room! On the plus side, I haven't experienced much pain at all. I walked a lot. I didn't think I'd want to, but it really helped with nausea. Best of luck to you!

8. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

You do not need much. I brought comfy clothes, slip on shoes, toiletries to include lotion and lip balm (although I did not shower until I came home-I was only in the hospital one night), cell phone and charger, magazine, and I brought my own pillow because it helped me sleep better. I spent a lot of time sleeping off and on in the hospital. So you really do not need much. At home I had a heating pad and that helped a lot.

10. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents