08/10/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Eliot Seiloff
    Said "Thanks" 13 Times
    Was Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default The Waiting Game

I'm just waiting for my insurance to approve my surgery. After the surgeon's office sent my insurance all the required paperwork, they wanted one more thing. I got it to the doctor's office quickly, and then the waiting began again. I call several times a week. I'm normally the type of person who doesn't want to be a pest, but my friend and nutritionist both told me to keep calling or things might fall through the cracks. It has been frustrating because the surgery scheduler/insurance filing lady won't call me back. I know she's busy, and I suppose if she doesn't have anything to tell me, she sees no need to call....or forgets. She finally called me back today. She said when she sent the extra paperwork to the insurance, they didn't put it with the original packet. She says it's all together and insurance states they'll have a decision by this Friday. We shall see. I've already cut out caffeine in preparation and have been working out at a gym to try and tone up my muscles. I don't know if that will help with the sagging skin issue or not, but it can't hurt. Sorry if this is a rambling post, but I am sooooo ready to start this journey. Thanks for listening.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Elle
    Surgery date
    11/02/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Um
    Last Activity
    01-19-2018 12:54 PM
    Said "Thanks" 126 Times
    Was Thanked 96 Times in 75 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 94 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Waiting Game

Once I got approved for surgery , it took about 6 months from the welcome class. At Kaiser they make you go through 3 months of prep classes and a whole bunch of other stuff before you get the actual surgery. It does seem like it's going to take forever but trust me the time does go by fast. Take this time to do your research. Taste different protein drinks and even look u[ liquid diet tips. Its a process but sooooooo worth it. Best of luck to you.

HW :326 BMI 50.3
    PW :288 BMI 44.4
    SW:272 BMI 42.0
    9/2/17 198
    9/25/17 194

Gastric Sleeve Member WannaBeALoser's Avatar
    Surgery date
    08/10/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Eliot Seiloff
    Said "Thanks" 13 Times
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the encouragement. Luckily the had me do all that first. So far Premier Protein are my favorite shakes but they're hard to find. Once I get insurance approval they will schedule my surgery. I'll just have the two week prep diet to do, which is going to be hard but I'll be coming here for encouragement. ��

Name
    Jill
    Surgery date
    07/11/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Glatt, Sioux Falls SD
    Last Activity
    08-13-2017 02:34 AM
    Said "Thanks" 27 Times
    Was Thanked 17 Times in 10 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

You can buy those drinks at Sam's Club and at Costco. Are you near Tallahassee? (I looked at the "find me on the map"). My husband & I lived just off Buck Lake Rd. until we moved back to the midwest about 10 years ago.

You can go inside Sams without a membership card, just can't buy anything unless you go to member services for a 1-day pass, then you will pay an extra 10%. I use our membership regularly though and the Premier drinks are an awesome deal there.

Best wishes!

Gastric Sleeve Member WannaBeALoser's Avatar
    Surgery date
    08/10/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Eliot Seiloff
    Said "Thanks" 13 Times
    Blog Entries

I work in Tallahassee and that's where I'll be having my surgery. Thanks for the tip on the shakes. I'll need to stock up once I get my surgery date.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WannaBeALoser View Post
    I work in Tallahassee and that's where I'll be having my surgery. Thanks for the tip on the shakes. I'll need to stock up once I get my surgery date.
    I would not suggest stocking up as a lot of people's tastes change post op. I know mine did. I did all my insurance requirements before submitting for approval as well. It didn't take too long to get approval so hopefully you will get yours quickly as well. When they called me to tell me I had been approved I was scheduled for surgery 9 days later. And had been given the option to have surgery just a week later but I still had to go in and tell my work so I opted for the 9 days later surgery option.