Surgeon
    Dr. Alvarez
    Last Activity
    03-10-2018 05:02 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default Decision made - Dr. Alvarez

Intro - I am an "older" new member of the group (in my 50's). I have finally decided to have the gastric sleeve!

I contacted several bariatric surgeons locally but my BMI was too low (31-32 range) even though I am on HBP meds and have arthritis in my knee. I was told to gain weight or do self-pay. No way was I gaining any more weight. The self-pay cost was ridiculous (no one would even consider me). I decided I was going to look at Mexico; my husband looked at me like I was crazy.

I researched having gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico extensively. I narrowed it down to one doctor in Tijuana and Dr. Alvarez in Piedras Negras. It all came to a head when I was talking with a friend (who had lost a lot of weight) about going to Mexico for surgery. I told her who I had narrowed it down to and she said that she went to Dr. Alvarez (I never knew she went). Then, I found out that a few other people she knew had Dr. Alvarez do their surgery, all with great results. Knowing how skeptical my husband was, I talked with him again and about the references for Dr. Alvarez. He was "sold". I wish I had made this decision sooner!

Surgery date is set for August 7th. I am very impressed with the communication with Dr. Alvarez and his staff. They have been amazing. I am also very impressed with this group and the information you provide. (Thank you!)

M

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Dr_Alvarez's Avatar
    Name
    Dr. Alvarez
    Last Activity
    01-05-2024 09:11 AM
    Said "Thanks" 86 Times
    Was Thanked 284 Times in 145 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times

Default Re: Decision made - Dr. Alvarez

Quote Originally Posted by MMT2000 View Post
    Intro - I am an "older" new member of the group (in my 50's). I have finally decided to have the gastric sleeve!

I contacted several bariatric surgeons locally but my BMI was too low (31-32 range) even though I am on HBP meds and have arthritis in my knee. I was told to gain weight or do self-pay. No way was I gaining any more weight. The self-pay cost was ridiculous (no one would even consider me). I decided I was going to look at Mexico; my husband looked at me like I was crazy.

I researched having gastric sleeve surgery in Mexico extensively. I narrowed it down to one doctor in Tijuana and Dr. Alvarez in Piedras Negras. It all came to a head when I was talking with a friend (who had lost a lot of weight) about going to Mexico for surgery. I told her who I had narrowed it down to and she said that she went to Dr. Alvarez (I never knew she went). Then, I found out that a few other people she knew had Dr. Alvarez do their surgery, all with great results. Knowing how skeptical my husband was, I talked with him again and about the references for Dr. Alvarez. He was "sold". I wish I had made this decision sooner!

Surgery date is set for August 7th. I am very impressed with the communication with Dr. Alvarez and his staff. They have been amazing. I am also very impressed with this group and the information you provide. (Thank you!)

M
    Thank you for the trust. See you soon!
    Dr. Alvarez

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Good luck on your surgery. I can tell you that Dr. A has tons of happy sleevers on this site.

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    08/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alvarez
    Last Activity
    03-10-2018 05:02 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 16 Times in 14 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times