Surgeon
    Dr. J
    Last Activity
    08-20-2017 12:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 47 Times
    Was Thanked 136 Times in 114 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 127 Times

Default Looking for support

I have not been on forums for a long time. I almost feel like I shouldn't ask, but I need to be accountable again. I lost 80 pounds, 152 being my lowest weight. I bounced back and forth 152-155 for several months. Last August I needed to help out a family member, so I got a part time job. I have been on disability for 10 years so it was really painful and stressful to work a 6 hour shift 4 days a week. I was working in a grocery store. It really didn't bother me for the most part. I stayed busy at the checkout. I found myself buying a bottle of wine, cheese and crackers. I didn't consume it all at once, but it still wasn't what I should have been doing. When Christmas came I had my usual depression and anxiety. I started eating a cookie here and there. Then I went to Florida. I knew I put on about 10 pounds there, but 162 seemed to be a good weight for me. My size 8's were no longer falling off of me, so it seemed like it would be where I should stay. I received a phone call mid February that my daughter was in pre-term labor by 8 weeks. I couldn't catch a flight for 2 days. They were not able to stop the labor so she delivered. The baby is perfect and is an absolute joy to me. I made it to the hospital 20 minutes before she was born. That's the good news!

The problem started when she went back to work. She had no babysitter so I ended up with her 6 days a week. My daughter works 3rd shift. It's hard for me to burn calories in a recliner, holding a baby. I got into a funk because I couldn't exercise and gained 10 pounds. So now I am 20 pounds over my lowest weight.

I had a good talk with myself. I prepared to get with the program and Sunday evening for dinner I whipped out my shakes. I talked to my nutritionist. She said that it is normal to gain some after sleeve. I am not binge eating. I just need to get back to eating 4 times a day. Last night I had a small piece of chicken breast and 2 hard boiled eggs. Perfect! She eased my mind about drinking liquids. I was afraid I was drinking too much at a time. I'm doing fine she said. (I'm paranoid about that)

This morning I got up and had coffee with sugar free creamer. I made a protein shake and really enjoying it. I'm going for a bike ride in a few minutes. I feel so much better. Ten to twenty pounds seems so do-able since I have my mind in the right place. I have also been in counseling for a few months. I have opened up about abuse from my childhood. I am calmer and under control. Losing weight and counseling has allowed me to rid myself of the pain I was wearing and shed after losing the weight.

Anyone want to have a week challenge and report back daily for support?

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgeon
    Dr. J
    Last Activity
    08-20-2017 12:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 47 Times
    Was Thanked 136 Times in 114 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 127 Times

Default Re: Looking for support

Ignore this thread. I already posted it earlier today.

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts