Surgeon
    Dr. Brendon Curtis
    Last Activity
    07-18-2017 03:17 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Newbie - Sleeved 2 weeks ago

Good morning all! New to the site, this is the first I've ever posted in a support group. I was sleeved 2 weeks ago and transitioned into soft foods yesterday. Who knew chewing would be so exciting?! I appreciate everyone's feedback on the site after browsing a bit. Feeling great so far!

I have a call into my dietitian also, but have any of you experienced issues with your multivitamins after surgery? I wasn't having any issues at all until about 3 days ago and got sick almost immediately after taking the exact same multi as before. I know I need to be taking it but it makes me nauseous just to think of taking it now, even with food. I'm on the chew-able Celebrate brand. The Calcium/B12 hasn't been an issue at all.

I'm also wondering if folks are sticking to 3 "meals" plus protein drinks or if you eat more frequently to get in enough calories. I've been very strict with only eating 3 times a day but since I'm only getting 1/4-1/2 a cup at a time I'm wondering if I should be eating more frequently. I'm a little terrified to slip into bad habits like snacking all day long. I'm just also concerned that my energy is tanking.

Thanks in advance!

2. The following 20 users said welcome netface15 to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member ghost_ryder's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Greg
    Surgery date
    08/23/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr Doyle
    Last Activity
    11-26-2018 07:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 186 Times
    Was Thanked 855 Times in 568 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 677 Times

Default Re: Newbie - Sleeved 2 weeks ago

Your energy will tank until you go to soft foods and getting proper protein in. At least for me it did. Don't worry about calories, they are useless in what you need to concentrate on. First and foremost, water intake and secondly protein. Everything else does not matter right now. If you work on those two only during this time, everything else falls into line. You likely cannot physically over do anything right now. As to the vitamins, no I only had intolerance with the liquid vitamins. the fizz was very hard to take.

HW - 341 - June 1
    SW - 319 - 8/23 (-22)
    1mn - 286 - Sept 23 (-33) -total 55
    2mn - 274 - Oct 23 (-12) -total 67
    3mn - 263 - Nov 23 (-11) -total 78
    6mn - 238 - Feb 23(-25) - total 103
    9mn - 230 - May 23 (-8) - Total 111
    10mn - 226 - June 23 (-4) Total 115
    11mn - 226 - July 23 (0) Total 115

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/13/2017
    Surgeon
    carson liu
    Last Activity
    08-17-2018 12:34 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 20 Times in 15 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 33 Times
    Blog Entries

Welcome!!! I got sleeved in April I eat 2 times a day, I feel that if I eat more I wont consume my protein and water. Specially since we have to wait 30 minutes before eating and one hour after eating to be able to drink something. I feels like a second job staying hydrated lol

Best of luck

Name
    Trish
    Surgeon
    Farras
    Last Activity
    11-04-2017 01:14 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Blog Entries

Hi i was sleeved two weeks ago today. I'm off the liquids thankfully. I try very hard to drink 4 pints of watered down no added sugar each day but not before food. I was told I wouldn't get my nutrition if I filled up with water beforehand. It's such a change in life isn't it?? The heat isn't helping either. I am eating very little but the smell of foods is lovely. I don't want to get into bad habits either. I can't believe how little I need in order to be satisfied. I've bought some complan today thought it may help with the thirst and the nutrition. Not sure if any of this jibbering is of my use. But it's good to kind of "speak" to you about it. Good luck in your journey. I have been told that I wont be able to drink carbonated drink again. This I am told stretches the sleeve. Apologies again for rabbitting on.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    06/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Brendon Curtis
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Not drinking with meals is so weird for sure! It's hard to get enough without being able to take huge drinks, I used to drink most of my water in just 3-4 sessions because I'd basically chug it. It does take very little to get full, which is kind of exciting! It's so far been satisfying, also. Just 1 scrambled egg and I was both full and not feeling deprived. Good luck with your journey too, sounds like we're on a similar path! How's the weight loss going for you so far?

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    06/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Brendon Curtis
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

I found a flavorless protein that only takes 1 tbsp to get 30 gms. It's been a lifesaver! The protein drinks are all so sweet I couldn't choke them down. I haven't had issues with protein so far but water is another story. I'm sure I'm getting dehydrated which is probably also playing into the feelings of exhaustion.

Name
    Trish
    Surgeon
    Farras
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

I've so far lost in two weeks 10kg. Not sure if this is normal or slow. Clinic said everyone is different. I'm a little scared to be fair. There is such a lot of information to take in and remember. I waited 3 years for this and I so want to be the slim girl inside actually on the outside. How are you doing.?? How much have you lost so far ??

Name
    Trish
    Surgeon
    Farras
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

I find the protein drinks really sweet to. I've been told to make my own using other elements of protein like green leafy veg. Which I've tried band they're not that bad. There is a protein shake recipe idea on this website. I've just looked t it nd it looks really nice. I've bought some slim fast which I have watered down with soya milk quite a lot and itsnot bad to handle.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    06/07/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Brendon Curtis
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

I'm down 30 total (as of today) including pre-op. I've been trying to only get on the scale weekly and to celebrate non-scale victories. Hard to do at this stage when you're still kinda swollen and not feeling 100% yet. I'm looking forward to exercising more, my doc released me to start next week. Hopefully everything will go smoothly with that.

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

I could not tolerate the multi vitamins either. They would make me vomit. I can only take the gummy ones. I know they say the gummy aren't that good for you but they are all I can tolerate. I also take B12, Biotin, Calcium, D3, and stool softeners. I was eating very tiny amounts initially. I do eat snacks if I am hungry. But I do not eat snacks all the time. I listen to my body and eat intuitively.