Last Activity
    04-04-2020 11:52 PM
    Said "Thanks" 527 Times
    Was Thanked 83 Times in 51 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 33 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I Hit A Stall

Quote Originally Posted by DesertGal View Post
    Thanks ladies and gentleman, If I could eat more, believe me I WOULD. Every day I try my damnedest to get more in my stomach and I can't. I eat proteins (lean meat, fish, eggs) and I rarely have room for the veggies I steam to go with them. Today at lunch I actually ate 1 hard boiled egg (cut up) and 2 oz of tuna with a little chopped lettuce and as it happens at every meal... it feels like I have swallowed an entire turkey after just 3 or 4 oz. and I have to stop eating or I'll be puking everywhere.

I drink my premier protein drinks every day still, sometimes 2 of them and I usually hit 70-90g of protein a day, but the calories just don't go UP by the end of the day. I haven't eaten JUNK food, sweets, breads or anything from my 'old life', and really do try every day to 'try and get a little more fuel in me'.

I have drank almost 48 oz of water today alone (THAT'S A FIRST) in addition to my 11 oz. protein drink this morning. But when it comes to eating FOOD, it's as if my stomach is only allowing in 1/5 cups, tops... and closes off the lid.
    I have an idea that MIGHT help... you could try adding in some low carb higher HEALTHY fats, like avocado. Maybe use a tablespoon of olive oil in cooking dinner, etc. So long as you're not adding unnecessary or unhealthy carbs and are getting your protein and liquids in this should help up your calorie count a bit. It sounds like it'd help.

Also, eating WAY slower helped me. Waiting/chewing for a solid minute or more between swallows REALLY works.

Just my two cents.
    Reason: added more
    HW: 297+lbs ( stopped weighing myself, it was probably 318 ish)
    Pre-op: 280 lbs (-17 lbs)

CW: 142 lbs -Down 178 lbs from my highest actual weight!

Week 1: 270
    M1: 257
    Week 6: 255
    M2: 252
    Week 10: 241
    M3: 237
    Week 14: 234

GW: 145 lbs

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents