Surgeon
    Taiwan Kim
    Last Activity
    08-02-2019 07:10 AM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 199 Times in 138 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times

Default Re: Realistic goals

The only thing I can add to this is that my boobs also shrank--a lot! Surgery day, 38DD, now, 34C. Mine do not look like socks with tennis balls inside, mine look like pancakes that someone pinned to my chest. I AM thinking about a boob job, but just to put them back where they're supposed to be--I don't mind being smaller (I'm only 5') but this flatness is annoying!

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member azladyrider's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Sue Ashe
    Surgery date
    06/28/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 42 Times
    Was Thanked 326 Times in 229 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times
    Blog Entries

Get some Vitamin E Oil for the scars and I hear Maderma is great - nothing helps mine so I don't bother to try. Might ask the doctor for some silicone sheeting to put over the scars - that's supposed to help

As for the boobs hmm I was a 42 DD and I went to a 36 DD but then again I have had implants for many years so my cup size didn't change - just the band size. I ended up having to have them both removed (totally unrelated to the sleeve) and now after many reconstructions am a 36 full D which is fine - I like larger boobs - makes my waist look smaller lol

Funny story when I was 13 I had the chicken pox BAD and I mean BAD - for a month - in the whites of my eyes and between my toes and fingers - just horrible - that's when the keloid crap started. Never had a problem before. My ears popped out from where I had them pierced at age 10 and a bunch of my chicken pox scars ended up with these big assed bubbles and we of course had no clue what they were. So my mom got me an appt to a local doctor (small town midwest - gotta love it) so he looks and says oh yeah keloids. Um ok what's that? He explained it was a predominantly black persons trait - being the smart ass big mouth with no filter that I was (and still am) I looked at my mom and said um mom you got something you wanna tell me now or do you wanna wait till we get into the parking lot. WHACK upside the back of my head... um ok I guess not! LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by BahaMs View Post
    Thank you for the info. I do not keloid but its good to know that is something I need to address with the doctor. I do scar easily and have to use Nadinola cream to lighten the scars quickly. This is such a great venue for learning so much. I am 99% sure I need to have this surgery.

Ok ladies what about the boobs? I am a 36DD but I had a breast reduction in 2004 and was happy with a small C but when the weight went up; so did my girls. I would be happy to say Bye girls!!!

Name
    Shaaz
    Surgery date
    06/27/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Luis Pasten
    Last Activity
    04-24-2019 12:54 PM
    Said "Thanks" 63 Times
    Was Thanked 31 Times in 17 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 39 Times

I absolutely love your spirit!!! I have heard that keloids occur predominately with black skin. I nor anyone in my immediate family have this issue but do not want to take the chance at this late in age.

I am set for June 27th and I already have a list of questions to go over. I am also a candidate for the 1 incision procedure but its extra so I will discuss that as well.

I have used Maderma and that did help. I am hoping to get some hydroquinone with 4% in Mexico because its not covered under insurance in my state.

Surgery date
    12/20/2013
    Surgeon
    Ariel Ortiz & Arturo Martinez
    Said "Thanks" 699 Times
    Was Thanked 1,627 Times in 805 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

Boobs?! What boobs? I went from a 44DD to a 36 A/B. The only reason for the B cup is so I have a place to stuff all the saggy skin. Like jamma described, picture two tennis balls in a couple socks. Without the skin I wouldn't need a bra at all. It's actually kind of hard to find bras because I fall out of most when I bend over. Pretty much have to stick with sports bra-type. Even been to a fitting with Victoria Secrets and they can't help. If I were to have plastics it would be to remove my excess boob skin. No enhancement....I spent 40 years dealing with big bongos, it's kind of nice to have little ones for a change. Shirts fit so much better.

7. Said thanks:

Name
    Shirl
    Surgery date
    05/17/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sergey Lyass
    Said "Thanks" 976 Times
    Was Thanked 1,063 Times in 667 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,909 Times
    Blog Entries

Kindle, I was going to say the same things! Only reason I still wear a big cup too! Ha!

Sharlene, I used Maderma too and it even actually helped reduce 28+ year old stretch marks too. I can't see my surgery scars at all! And probably because strech marks dominate from two inches above my belly button all the way down to my thighs. I was a normal and lean size person until my second pregnancy at age 22. I had toximia and blew up literally! It's a miracle I had my son at almost full term.

I was often wearing ill fitting bras because it's hard to find double h's or i's in major department stores. Macy's carries quadruple d's but they are ugly as heck! I started buying my bras from www.barenecessities.com. I went from 40hh to 36ff, and my recent purchase of 36dddd at Macy's (ugly but great under exercise bra). Considering the size of my boobs still, I am not hanging as bad as I thought I would be! If my nipples ever start looking down then I will definitely have a reduction and lift in a heartbeat!!!
    HW: 245lbs (11/15); SW: 226lbs (5/17/16) - Height: 5'6"

Post-Op Weight:
    M1: 211.3 (-14.7)
    M2: 203 (-8.3)
    M3: 196.5 (-6.5)
    M4: 191.5 (-5)
    M5: 186.3 (-5.2)
    M6: (?)
    M7: (?)
    M8: 179.4 (-6.9)
    M9: 177.1 (-2.3)
    M10: 174 (-3.1)