Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    06-26-2017 05:10 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default Hello

I'm New here trying to get familiar with all the pre and post op, any advise will be greatly appreciated.......

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello

Every pre and post op diet is different and based on the surgeons preferences. Mine pre op was 6 days of 2 shakes and a meal of protein and veggies. Then 3 days of liquids only. Post op I have all the post op info on my page in an album.

4. Said thanks:

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    12/27/2016
    Said "Thanks" 23 Times
    Was Thanked 124 Times in 84 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 241 Times
    Blog Entries

The specifics of your pre and post op diet should come from your surgeon. I have read many varying instructions from members here. So be careful of advice that instructs you on diet unless it comes from your surgeon or his/her support staff.

Take your vitamins and other prescribed meds diligently.

Don't get discouraged! Everyone is different and we all have different starting points. I for example barely qualified for the surgery and have had slow progress,... or so it seems. I have to keep reminding myself that I had less weight to lose than some so I can't compare to everyone. When I do, I become discouraged. When I don't compare, I'm good.

Stalls are normal. We all do it. This is another possible trigger for discouragement, but keep in mind it is normal.

Keep your eyes on the prize! The new you WILL happen, as long as you don't give up.

If you want to share your experience openly, that is great. If you want to go through this without anyone knowing, that is great too. Some do, some don't. Do what is in your best interest.

There is a lot of great support and information here. Check in regularly.
    Bagawk!

6. Said thanks:

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Your surgeon/nutritionist will give you all that information. (If they don't, find another surgeon!) I had to do 5 days of liquids before surgery, which included protein drinks. That continued for 2 weeks after surgery, then the third week soft food, then different foods were introduced until I was cleared for all foods 6 weeks after surgery. But every doctor is different.

Also be sure to get your vitamin requirements from your nutritionist. Plus they can tell you what protein drinks to use. (Mine had to meet particular requirements of fat, protein, sugars, calories, etc.) For example, something like Carnation breakfast drinks were NOT on the list.

Good luck!

8. Said thanks: