Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    04-26-2017 10:21 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Default BT'S Journey

hello! In August of '09, I was banded and lost over forty pounds. I had started a little weight gain and developed horrible acid reflux so bad that I had to have it removed. It's been over 2 years and I've been debating which surgery to have next. Due to my size, I want vsg. Due to my comorbidities, I believe RNY would be better suited for health reasons. I am so, so afraid to have either one but know that my B/S is so out of control, that I'm tired of fooling myself into thinking that I could do this w/o the needed tool to be successful. I've only talked to one friend, hubby and both daughters. My one friend is on board. My hubby and daughters are not. It hurts b/c I'm already afraid and they aren't helping. I had my psych evaluation 5 days ago and will now see my surgeon in the next 4 days. I've heard both good and bad things about both surgeries but will update after I see the surgeon

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    10/26/2016
    Surgeon
    Taiwan Kim
    Last Activity
    08-02-2019 07:10 AM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 199 Times in 138 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times

Default Re: BT'S Journey

None of my children were on board for me having the sleeve, but ultimately, it's not anyone else's decision and they WILL be supportive eventually when they see that your health is affected for the better. I can't speak for the other surgery, but I am very happy I chose the sleeve.

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: BT'S Journey

You have to do what is right for you. My hubby told me I did not need the surgery (because in his eyes I was not fat-LOL) but told me he would support my decision so I was lucky. He does love the results now, though. Ultimately only you can make this decision. Here is some helpful information that may help you with your decision. http://www.obesitycoverage.com/gastr...leeve-surgery/

7. Said thanks: