07/07/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    10-12-2019 08:35 AM
    Said "Thanks" 15 Times
    Was Thanked 63 Times in 47 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 35 Times

Default painful lumps and swelling from sitting? Anyone?

Hello people I have been away from this site for a while. I am 20 months or so post op. I have gone from 380 down to 215 and I am okay with my weightloss. I am the worlds worst sleeve patient. I didnt follow the rules, and I eat whatever I want when I want, how I like it(shout out to Tinman) . I havent gained or lost any weight for the last year. I dont track calories or protein and water intake.I take a walgreens daily viteamin, calcium and iron pill too. I had my surgery with Dr Almanza so I had no follow up with a surgeon or a NUT. I am very happy with my weightloss and if I ever feel that I need to lose those last 30 ponds so I can be normal BMI then I will start a diet and do so. My diabetes is gone and my primary took me off those meds too.
    Here is my problem. Sometimes when I sit on a hard surface like I did yesterday on a hard wooden chair for dinner, I get painful swelling on my butt area. I would say that the mass between my bone and the hard chair get inflamed. this morning I have a lump the size of a tennis ball on my left bottom. sometimes if i sit with something in my back pocket, that area will be swollen and itchy the next day. this has happened on my back too from leaning against my desk at work. I do have alot of loose skin of course. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem? I will admit that I am chronically dehydrated all the time, I suck at getting my fluids in and that could be my problem. I just wanted to reach out and see if this is happening to anyone else. Any input would be appreciated.

thanks Michael

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member azladyrider's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Sue Ashe
    Surgery date
    06/28/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 42 Times
    Was Thanked 326 Times in 229 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: painful lumps and swelling from sitting? Anyone?

I highly doubt that has anything to do with the sleeve - get it checked out asap. Sounds like an abscess of some sort that might need to be drained.