Surgery date
    05/14/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr Fawole
    Said "Thanks" 62 Times
    Was Thanked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times
    Blog Entries

Default On the road to surgery ( Leeds UK )

Hi everyone!
    I have been on this long journey for what seems like forever!
    I started off as we all do, trying to lose the weight on my own but I really struggled. I started my own courier business two years ago and this meant I put on an additional two stone due to the sedentary nature of the job and lots of snacks due to boredom while driving.

I went to see the doctor for help and they put me on a weightloss plan where I had to attend sessions for 3 months which didn't work at all. I was then referred for surgery but it wasn't that simple.
    They had me attend a further clinic where I had to lose 5% of my weight before I could go any further. I have managed to do this but only because my husband was diagnosed with Diabetes. This meant no more snacks and very few carbs were allowed in the house which had the knock on effect of helping me lose almost a stone. This has slowed down considerably as we have relaxed the rules quite a lot since then as to what comes into the house.

I have had my appointment with the dietician and now I have my appointment with the consultant tomorrow morning. I am very scared that after coming all this way, I will say the wrong things to his questions and I will have to go back to the beginning of this journey again.
    Any help as to what I can expect tomorrow would be very gratefully received, thanks for reading,
    Best wishes
    Alison

2. The following 20 users said welcome Alisonjayne to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    05/14/2018
    Surgeon
    Dr Fawole
    Said "Thanks" 62 Times
    Was Thanked 22 Times in 14 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: On the road to surgery ( Leeds UK )

Hi, I have now had my surgery date confirmed and it is on the 14th of May, very close!
    I have been told to do a three week milk diet but I know I won't be able to do that so have chosen to start it on the 1st of May, giving me two weeks which I think is doable. I have another dietician appointment on the 9th where they will definitely weigh me again so I am hoping by then to have lost a little more weight.

Its exciting but also scary!

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: On the road to surgery ( Leeds UK )

Congrats on having your surgery date. Try to follow the 3 weeks if you can. Even if you stumble occasionally it will help. The point is to shrink your liver so it does not get in the surgeon's way during the procedure. Keep your eye on the prize and remember why you are doing this. It is life changing. Wishing you much success on your journey.