Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    05-29-2017 07:44 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default A newbie question towards eating habits after surgery

Hi So Im about to have the VSG surgery either at late April or May (Havent scheduled a firm date yet). I have been reading, watching a lot of resources online probably just as everyone has before the surgery, but I havent really resolved my questions about the eating habit after surgery.
    I know that the VSG itself is just the very first step and all the hard work comes afterwards (thats what I understood). I have been on the weight losing journey for my whole life, so Im fully aware of how hard it is for a person who just LOVE eating to go on diet or just say, "eat less". I watched hundreds of youtube videos and seems like the surgery really made the dieting part easier since we physically cannot eat as much as before. But I do want to hear from you guys, how hard the dieting part was for u. Lets admit it, for us who had been big, we have a strong appetite, I had a jaw surgery last year, before the surgery, the surgeon told me, u prob will lost some weight since ur jaw is not "as convenient/well-functioning as before" but i literally didnt feel any difficulty to eat at the time and ovbiously didnt lose much weight (prob 10 Ibs, I put myself onto appetite-control pill to eat less cuz ovbiously the jaw needs to recover anyway and chowing is not good for it) So far the only "inhibitors" for my desire of eating I found are 1)appetite controlling pill (I know a lot of young girls have tried that but its seriously awful for body,make u feel dizzy, nauseous and ruin the heart health); 2)Chinese acupuncture (The theory is to stimulate ur nerves and minimize ur hunger, not fully sure it targeted my head hunger or physical hunger but i was eating two peachs one egg a day and ok with it) but the bad part was it breaks the inner ecosystem or stuff of ur body? After time u would feel really weak not just because the dieting, u just feel sick in many ways (from my experience).
    So, besides those two methods: pill and acupuncture, nothing have really helped me control my appetite and...the passion of food. So for you guys who had the surgery already, how did it really feel like to be eating like a bird after the surgery? Did it truly require a lot of willpower or you physically just dont want to eat/cannot intake much? (I admit that my willpower is prob 4 out of a 10) so yeah, my concern for now is, I dont want this major bariatric surgery got wasted as my jaw surgery (well that one had nothing to do with weight lossing though, it was just an possible side-effect for someone, same idea as someone lose the weight after having the braces).
    Thanks you guys a lot, I know it was a lot of repetitive rambling. I appreciate it very much if u can share some true feeling towards eating after surgery (mentally and physically). a lot of hugs.

2. The following 16 users said welcome jlulu to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents