Dexter Turnquest, M.D.
    Last Activity
    08-21-2017 09:40 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Regained weight after four years

Hello!

I had a gastric sleeve in 2012 and lost 100 pounds. I still had about 30 to go but instead of losing the 30, I just maintained for about a year. Now, over the last 3 years, I have gained and lost the same 20 pounds 3 times.

Exercise is not possible at this time as I am dealing with chronic back pain that is debilitating. Steroids have contrubuted to my weight gain and I've had to take these several times in the last year or two. I have been eating junk food for months... Slider foods!

I have not stretched my pouch at all. I can only eat about 3/4 of a cup of solid, healthy food but I can eat slider foods much easier. I am eating junk food for comfort. I try very hard not to take pain medication and find myself grazing throughout the day. I am having another back surgery next week. I feel like I have no control and I'm somewhat depressed because of the chronic pain so I'm thinking that the comfort food is a major problem. My clothes is so tight and I don't know how to restart my weight loss again.

Is anyone dealing with weight gain at this time or in the past? Can you offer some advice?

Thank you!!!

2. The following 17 users said welcome Georgie53 to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents