The surgical and hospital team (Cedars Sinai LA) were great. I was confident in their process and their genuine warmth and humor was heartening! The pre op procedures/education were extensive, with workshops...including speaking with veterans of the procedure. Lots of good information and a fantastic binder of detailed instructions and advice.

Unfortunately, my lip was bruised/split during the anesthesia. It's just starting to reduce from swelling. Not that painful, but I look really strange in the mirror.

First day post op was easy. I walked, pain well controlled via IV, etc. Staff was amazed at how well I was doing. But I decided to stay a second night because I was exhausted. Had an episode of nausea discharge day in the AM, so compazine thru the IV...and then discharged! Had a low grade fever of 100, but that didn't seem to bother the team.

By the time I was home, an hour later, I was chilled and knew my fever was spiking. Yikes, 102.5! Back to the emergency room upon advice of on call team surgeon. That was miserable. Tons of reallly sick people, and I felt awful, too. They did a careful assessment, bariatric surgical fellows arrived to work me over...fever had dropped to 101, took xrays, etc. etc., and then sent me home.

Third day...pain...some walks with the dogs...unable to drink the premiere protein but ok with fluids. Yay!

Fifth day, today...finally feeling some "normalcy". Didn't take the pain meds this afternoon and I'm fine. I was constipated (naturally) but have had 3 BM's after benefiber. Something to celebrate. And temp is now down to 99.5.

Did my hair (I wear it curly) and feel more like myself.

It was helpful to look at posts from others at this stage in our journey...thanks to all.

AND I LOST 6 pounds! Didn't expect anything there and frankly am not worried about the weight loss, which I know will happen, stall, and happen on and off through the process.

I'm just really grateful that insurance paid and that my 64 year old self is finally going to get this right!

Warm regards to all.