Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    04-18-2017 03:09 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default NorCal (Solano County)

I just moved to Solano county in California.
    My weight has seriously starting to effect my health and I want to have a gastric sleeve. I've tried every weight loss plan there is to try and nothing has ever worked. I'm ready to change my life but I'm not sure what to do or how to start the process. I just got approved for MediCal and I still have to choose a PCP. If anyone can give me information on what to do, it would be greatly appreciated!! Thank you all so much!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Tamera Anderson
    Surgery date
    01/24/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-04-2024 03:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 440 Times
    Was Thanked 673 Times in 472 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,539 Times

Default Re: NorCal (Solano County)

Hi Ashly, I imagine you would contact medical and see if they cover this and if they do where you go. I know when you go through insurance there are a lot of steps you have to do before your approved. When you do meet the surgeon ask how much of the stomach they remove. make sure its 85% and they remove the part that makes the hormone that helps cause cravings. When i did my research I found a trend by doctors here in the states to remove a lot less and its less affective. My research showed there are doctors still pushing the Bipass. its more of a money maker for them. once the sleeve is done and healed its a one time deal. no special meds or additional procedures. Good Luck. I had the sleeve in Mexico and have had a lot of success so far. My care was top notch. Definitely one of the best decisions. Im happy to answer any questions I can.
    Highest weight- 288 / Wt at Surgery 268
    1 month 236 -29lbs 2 month 214 -22lbs 3 month 206 -08lbs 4 month 196 -10lbs 5 month 185 -11lbs 6 month 178 -7lbs 7 month 172 -6lbs 9mos -12lbs 156 13mos later wt.144lbs, Wt.138 -150lbs in 15mos

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: NorCal (Solano County)

I went through Aetna and in my paperwork it told me WLS was covered. I called a local surgeon and had a consult and they went over all the insurance requirements on the first visit. Made the process smooth! You should also be able to contact your insurance company directly to ask questions. My insurance company required a 6 month supervised weight loss/nutrition program.