Last Activity
    08-08-2017 12:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 18 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Should I do this? Help!

What am I worried about?

1. The pain right after surgery. I have heard some people say that had little to no pain (including my mom’s friend who is in her late 60’s). I have people say it feels like an incredible amount of pressure but manageable. Some say that they were in an incredible amount of pain right after surgery for 1-2 days, etc,
    2. The pain post op (in general). Again, I have heard people experience minimal to no pain, once in awhile, and some say they are almost always in pain. Am I going to be throwing up , constipated, and/or sick to my stomach for the rest of my life? Is this common? I also heard some people have difficulty swallowing and it being painful going down. IS heartburn common?
    3. Complications. I am concerned about potential leaks, blood clots, bleeding etc
    4. Feeling regretful. I don’t want to wake up and panic. I know someone who had a panic attack when she woke up from surgery.
    5. Does your sleeve feel “weird” in your body initially?
    6. Long Term Maintenance (I have the commitment) but have their been any studies?
    7. Food and Nutrition-I hope it wont be too painful for me to eat and be able to get the nutrients that I need.

On a positive note, I have a great surgeon in mind. He has a less than 1% complication rate and he is highly regarded as one of the best and also a trauma surgeon etc. I have a good support system. I have healthcare even though I am getting my procedure in Mexico. I know that this is ultimately my decision but I am indecisive in general! I really want to get this procedure this summer and I know that I need to send in my money ASAP in order to secure the date that I want. I have been having a difficult time sleeping over this. I just really need support and guidance. I am 5’5 and 309 lbs. I’m superobese and something needs to be done but I just feel like I am taking a lot of risks and that may be worth it in the end and necessary but I’m scared.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    April
    Surgery date
    11/09/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr Marcelo Hernandez
    Last Activity
    03-11-2020 04:06 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 35 Times in 30 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Should I do this? Help!

I experienced almost no pain. The people I net there were the same, but everyone is different.p
    I have done my share of throwing up. It's not like normal throwing up. Once you throw up you feel fine. You do not continue to feel free to your stomach. You learn what caused you to throw up and avoid that in the future.
    There is a gal on here who experienced blood clots. It's rare, but it can happen.
    If you are prone to panic attscks, it's possible you can have one. I don't this surgery is a trigger.
    My sleeve feels no different in my body then my full size stomach did.
    I have a girlfriend who had this surgery when she was 17, she is now 52. She has maintained her weight loss all these years. She has not experienced any complications.
    I had my surgery about 4 months ago. Weight loss to date is 91 pounds.
    It's worth it. I still can only eat 3 -4 bites at a time. I cannot tolerate bread. I drink a lot of water.
    Feel free to ask me any questions you have.

"I'm not losing weight! I have no intention of finding it again!" - Author unknown