Surgeon
    Dr Riley
    Last Activity
    01-18-2015 09:01 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Smile True Results in Houston TX

Wondering if any used true results or Dr Riley in Houston TX. I've spoken with several people but I really would like to see if thier are any more

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    12/19/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr.Christopher Reily
    Last Activity
    07-22-2015 10:47 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 5 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: True Results in Houston TX

Yes ma'am....I have....I recently had my surgery on 12/19/14, and Dr. Riley was my doctor...my surgery was at Memorial City Hospital. And yes, he was such a good doctor. He answered all my questions that I asked and his surgery team was excellent as well.....Good Luck and keep me posted.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgeon
    Christopher Rielly
    Last Activity
    08-10-2016 10:08 PM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 13 Times in 12 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 80 Times

I also had Dr Reily, and I liked him a lot. I even asked how many of these procedures he had done, his complication rate, and he answered. Even one of the nurses talked about what a good dr he was.

ann

Last Activity
    05-12-2015 09:17 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Hi I am new here and have my first appt at true results this week. How was your experience with them? Which location did you go to? How long from the first inital appt did you have to wait for surgery? How was your doctor? How has it been since surgery? Im excited and nervous sorry for all the question!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgeon
    Christopher Rielly
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times

I used the location downtown. My surgeon was Dr Christopher Rielly. How long it takes depends a lot on your insurance. I had to have four office visits, a psyc consultation, sleep apnea study, 4 visits with a nutritionist, a cardiac workup, a letter from my regular dr, 3 support group meetings, and lose 5% of my excess body weight in 3 months for insurance to pay. My first visit was in June, and I completed everything by the end of September. There was a mixup with my councelor, the first one quit after my first visit. It took two visits before I had another one. One of the girls there, I think her name is Valarie is the sweetest thing, she has had the surgery and used the same dr I had. She has now had all the skin surgery. I wish I had had her. The office staff is great, always friendly. My dr was very good, but I had to use West Houston Hospital, and I live in Pasadena. It is a long way from me. I liked the hospital, but not the ER! I wanted to use Memorial City, but the only day open he was at West Houston. The care in the hospital was very good, great nurses. I went home too early and had to go back. The ER was a total nightmare, but once I was back on the floor it was all good. My surgery was December 17, and I have lost 45 pounds. After surgery, Dr Reiley does all of his follow up visits, you don't go back to True Results. I believe some of their other drs have your follow up visits done there.

I would not hesitate to have this surgery again. It was so much easier than a C-section. Very little pain, the worst part for me, and what sent me back, was nausea. I threw up enough to be dehydrated and need IV fluids. This DOES NOT happen with most people, I just got lucky. I wish I had gotten a bit more nutrition information, and had some goals set before surgery. I do know they also have a dr who works at Herman, and there is also a surgical center in the same building they also use.

Many of the delays with me were insurance related, so a lot will depend on yours. I think Dr Rielly is an excellent dr, I don't know the others. I did feel I should have seen him before surgery, and the idea was to meet him for the first time when I had my endoscopy done. I didn't agree, so I met him on Wednesday, asked him all my questions, had the EGD on Friday, and surgery the next Wednesday. It seems like it takes forever but then rushes up on you at the end.

Good luck, I hope your surgery goes well and you lose all the weight you want to.

ann

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

Thanks Ann! Congrats on everything. Can I request a surgeon? How has life been for since surgery do you eat well? Was nausea for you only in the beginning? Did they say what caused you to be that way when you went to the er?

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgeon
    Christopher Rielly
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times

I don't know if you can request a surgeon or not, I didn't try. I was ok till I tried to take my liquid pain meds, and that started me throwing up and it just would not stop. It took a double amount IV to stop it. No, I have not had any more nausea. I still have trouble getting enough protein, and knowing when I am full. For breakfast today I had a small Greek yogurt with a tsp of frozen blueberries and a tsp of granola. Lunch/dinner was 3 oz of smoked turkey, 1 Tbl of green beans, and 1 Tbl of potato salad. I may or may not eat dinner. I do not like the pre-mixed shakes. Everyone tells you to buy Premier, I could not stand them. I found my taste also changed after surgery, I have a very low tolerance for sweets. I used Unjury chocolate splendor and Nectar lemonade mixed with Crystal Lite lemonade. I no longer drink tea, coffee, or of course no soda. I have a 24 oz glass, I fill it with ice, half water, and half lemonade now, and drink that all day. I honestly can't tell you I have had any problems. We have learned if we go out to eat my husband orders a full meal, I may order some steamed vegetables, and eat a few of those with some of his protein. We went to Lubby's Friday, and forgot. I got a LuAnn with fish, zucchini, and mashed potatoes. I ate about half the fish, 2 rounds of squash, and 4 bites of potato, then I was done For breakfast some days I will have an egg, cooked with a little cottage cheese for the protein. I do eat sugar free fudge pops some days, 40 calories each. Just take your time, don't rush. Do what your are supposed to, don't rush to new foods, give your stomach time to heal. There are lots of shake recipes of Pintrest and The world according to egg face. I look at everything I eat as to the amount of protein it contains, and that is how I decide what to eat. HEB Mootopia milk has 12 grms of protein in a cup, mix with one scoop of Unjury, and you have about 28 grams. If you put it in a blender with a little cottage cheese, you really up the protein. Let me know if I can answer any more questions.

ann

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    09-04-2015 09:17 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi mscj82! How did your appointment go? I have an appointment with true results on April 6th.

Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

@fluffymom It went well...I have done all of my testing and awaiting insurance approval it was just sent on the 23rd. So its just a waiting game right now. Which location are you going to?

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    09-04-2015 09:17 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

I was going to 1960 location. But they called today and said my insurance doesn't cover the surgery and they don't have a self pay price. I wish you the best of luck.

Name
    Pam
    Surgery date
    05/27/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr Ponce de Leon
    Last Activity
    02-22-2024 08:48 AM
    Said "Thanks" 679 Times
    Was Thanked 771 Times in 544 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 57 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrnEye Girl View Post
    Yes ma'am....I have....I recently had my surgery on 12/19/14, and Dr. Riley was my doctor...my surgery was at Memorial City Hospital. And yes, he was such a good doctor. He answered all my questions that I asked and his surgery team was excellent as well.....Good Luck and keep me posted.
    I will be going to memorial city too on May 27. Do they have a bariatrics floor? Or were you on the regular med surg floor?

HW: 275
    PreOp: 268 5/12/16

SW: 258. 5/27/2016
    10 w: 225. Goal 1
    12 w: 222.
    14 w: 216.
    4 m: 215
    5 m: 205
    22: 199.4 10/30 Goal 2
    24: 196
    6 mo: 191
    7 m: 193
    8 m: 184
    9 m: 180 2/3/17. Goal 3
    10 m: 179
    11 m: 171
    48: 170
    1 yr: 166.6. 5/27/17
    13 m: 165.8
    5 y,10 m: 215
    7 yrs: 230

Revised Goal : 200
    "Bonus" Goal: 180

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgeon
    Dr. R.
    Last Activity
    06-12-2020 09:51 AM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I'm scheduled with this doc in a few weeks. Advice?