Surgeon
    Dr Silvia Fresco
    Last Activity
    07-20-2019 08:51 PM
    Said "Thanks" 62 Times
    Was Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 11 Times
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb In a few weeks I'll get my sleeve & am hoping to learn from your experiences...

Hi everybody, I've done all my pre op testing and now the procedure is just a few weeks away. Would love to learn tips that you feel have helped to with the transition.

Any tips about what worked well and helped keep you on track is important to me because since the election I find myself stress eating. Having a structured plan around my sleeve food options will keep me healthy. Otherwise I'm afraid at the end of this presidential term I'll be the sane size as President Taft--I think he's the one who was so big he got stuck in the bathtub!

I love to swim and know I won't be able to get in the pool for exercise for awhile so am supplementing the pool with walking at the track by the high school. I hope it won't be too long away from the pool. I have an older dog I need to carry up the stairs so I'm trying to figure out how that can be managed since you're not supposed to lift for awhile.

I'm concerned about comments I'm going to get afterwards. I have many strong personalities in my life who are very opinionated. Most of them have never been overweight. I don't want to get in a discussion about why I did this because the decision is made and I want to move forward. I fear I'll get guilt...you could've done it if you spent more time dieting, didn't go out so much, etc.

Need a way to acknowledge their concern without inviting them to weigh in so to speak.

I'm very happy I'm doing this...would welcome any advice you care to share, of course I'll return the favor if I can!

2. The following 16 users said welcome AmandaNavigator to GastricSleeve.com!

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents