Dr. Hany Basson
    Last Activity
    12-29-2022 08:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 72 Times
    Was Thanked 63 Times in 31 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default PO Traveling is a Pain in the butt

Folks,
    Here we go again, off to the Suez, for about a week, I thought I packed enough Lean Protein Powder for 2 large shakes a day, Nope! Now when I fill my daily food intake I am over my carb limits I set when I started 22 December 16. It just shows when I get home I need to zero the carbs out for several days to get back on track. 38 Days Post Op, Not sure of my weight, clothes feel loose, things are sagging, energy is tough to come by. With the added carbs over the last day or two I will most likely get an energy boost, but I was trying to keep the Protein intake at around 115 Grams, and the carbs at 60. It's tough to do with Egyptian Flat bread, Navel Oranges and Tangerines.

Hope everyone is doing well, Laura (48 DPO) will be back in Egypt in 3 days and I am heading to Cairo tomorrow, "Inshalla" Together we keep reminding each other to keep on track..... Both ready for the next step and start a serious weight training program, because of my Schedule we have to do it at 05:00 in the morning... Not many smiles can be seen at this time of the morning....

Have A Great Day!!!

J Out

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

Default Re: PO Traveling is a Pain in the butt

Traveling is difficult. What I do when I'm away from home is always look for protein at every meal. I know breakfast buffets at US hotels always have eggs, not sure how that is overseas. Meat or fish for lunch or dinner? (But that flatbread does sound good!) I know in the Scandinavian countries you could get salmon at every meal. Italy was a little more difficult with the yummy pasta everywhere.

Enjoy your travels! Maybe compensate for the extra food by walking a lot and seeing those amazing places! I think in Rome we walked about 8 miles a day. (But if you're there to work you probably don't have time for fun stuff like that.)

Good luck!

Oh, and nothing like airplane peanuts for a little protein...

4. Said thanks:

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Shirl
    Surgery date
    05/17/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sergey Lyass
    Said "Thanks" 976 Times
    Was Thanked 1,063 Times in 667 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,909 Times
    Blog Entries

True. It is a pain, but doable.

Get you a nutribullet. Compact and easy to carry, though you may need electric adaptors. Buy nonfat plain yogurt, peanut butter, egg protein powder or one raw egg, a banana and blend with ice. It has saved me plenty of time!

I rely on eggs, cheese, lean meats, chicken, fish and nuts when I travel. Nowadays if I eat out I can ask for steam vegetables like broccoli. I ask for dressing on the side on my salads. I love fish and any type of seafood. If table is ordering desert, I just say I'd love to share.

I travel with protein bars, and nut bars like the Kind bars. PB and smashed banana on sprouted whole grain bread has been a fav! I subtract my fiber grams from total carbs so I tend to be happy with my net carbs still.
    HW: 245lbs (11/15); SW: 226lbs (5/17/16) - Height: 5'6"

Post-Op Weight:
    M1: 211.3 (-14.7)
    M2: 203 (-8.3)
    M3: 196.5 (-6.5)
    M4: 191.5 (-5)
    M5: 186.3 (-5.2)
    M6: (?)
    M7: (?)
    M8: 179.4 (-6.9)
    M9: 177.1 (-2.3)
    M10: 174 (-3.1)
    M11: 171.5 (-2.5)
    M12: 171 (-.5)
    Y1.1: 170 (-1)

"Today is another day to get it right!"

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    01/11/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Forrester
    Last Activity
    03-24-2018 12:38 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 333 Times in 251 Posts

I'd imagine travel is rough but international even more so, especially that you're only 1 month out. Protein protein protein.

Surgery Day Weight 1/11: 300
    Month 1: -34 pounds, -25 inches

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

I am a total carb addict. So I don't eat breads and such right now because I am afraid I will fill up on carbs and not get my protein in. So I always have my meat and then veggies. I would die being around that yummy bread. I love foreign breads way more than American bread. I couldn't care less about sliced bread but give me a crusty roll or some ecmec and I am all over it. LOL.

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    12/22/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Hany Basson
    Last Activity
    12-29-2022 08:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 72 Times
    Was Thanked 63 Times in 31 Posts

Got up this morning, 235 @ 39 DPO....... Feeling that way... It sounds better when Steve Perry sings it!..... After all the Carbs from Last week I made this mornings shake extra proteinie.... I think I will go back to following the recipe from now on, I thought I was drinking fluffy cement...... Talk about sticking to your bones, I could go patch the pyramids with this stuff, really! Anyway good to get home for a while. J Out