Surgeon
    Dr. Hany Basson
    Last Activity
    12-29-2022 08:02 AM
    Said "Thanks" 72 Times
    Was Thanked 63 Times in 31 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Well it's my Birthday.....

It's day 20 Post Op, just happen to be in my hotel room overlooking the Suez Canal. I feel fine, last night tried the vegetable soup from the hotel kitchen..... We won't doing that again for a while, got my trusty protein powder, it will hold me for the few days I am here. Not sure of my weight today, In Cairo I check it daily, yeah, yeah, I know don't weigh yourself but once a week. But I cheat, every morning at 05:30 I check it, usually it tends to go down. I know it will slow down very soon and the water weight I am loosing because restricted carbs is one of the main drops, the other of course pure fat. 1 pound a day has been the norm, At this rate in 244 more days I will weight nothing. Then I can move to California and fit in, so to speak. Actually you have to smile to get through this. Everyone has a journey, all different, highs and lows. Laura is in the states taking car of finishing the house reconstruction (30 Days Post Op), I am here in Egypt doing my thing. You'all sleevers have a Great Day, think of something that makes you smile..... Ah, not the vegetable soup.... J

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Laura
    Surgery date
    12/12/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Hany Armia
    Last Activity
    08-24-2017 02:55 AM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: Well it's my Birthday.....

Happy Birthday fellow sleever and my dear husband! Wish I could be there to make yeou a proper vegetable soup. Wish you could be here. The house business is not all fun withou you! Have a great day! A pound a day! Impossible any other way, I am so happy with our choice. I ate lunch yesterday with other people. They did not seem to notice that I had to chew my food 30 times per bite and I just pushed the food around my plate or that I could not finish my plate. Still cannot break the habit of not drinking water while eating.

Have a wonderful day!

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Christie13's Avatar
    Name
    Christie
    Surgery date
    11/03/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Wright
    Last Activity
    09-12-2019 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 978 Times
    Was Thanked 2,940 Times in 2,192 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,465 Times
    Blog Entries

Happy birthday!!! I still get times where I order something, eat some, and ask myself why. After a bite I realize it did nothing for me taste wise and couldn't really eat it. Luckily I just order with my husband and we share. LOL. Once again Happy Birthday!!
    pS-I weigh myself daily but I don't let the numbers disappoint me if I don't lose. I know that is hard for some people. For me it helps me stay on track. When I see I'm stalling I can always relate it back to not eating enough.

Gastric Sleeve Member Leslieann's Avatar
    Name
    leslie
    Surgery date
    01/05/2017
    Surgeon
    Shillingford
    Last Activity
    02-05-2019 07:55 PM
    Said "Thanks" 77 Times
    Was Thanked 88 Times in 76 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 41 Times
    Blog Entries

Happy Birthday!! Sounds like you're doing very well and waiting anxiously for your next journey and reuniting wit your wife! Great that both of you are going through this together! My husband weighs 155 and he said eversince I've had this operation all he wants to do is eat!!! LOL