Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    12-31-2018 10:56 AM
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times
    Was Thanked 30 Times in 22 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default Weight loss agent????

Has anyone used or gone through the Weight Loss Agents.com? My surgeon would be Dr. Hernandez. He seems to get good results. Has anyone used the layaway payment plan they have? Any bad experiences with either Dr. Hernandez or Weight loss agents?? Thanks for any info!

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    01/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Marcelo Hernandez
    Last Activity
    12-21-2018 09:19 AM
    Said "Thanks" 774 Times
    Was Thanked 242 Times in 169 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,104 Times

Default Re: Weight loss agent????

I'm going through weightloss agents and Dr Hernandez too. I have done a lot of research & everything seems all good. When are planning on going? My surgery date is Jan 3rd. I put my $250 down to hold my date and I'm paying the balance when I get there. Dr Mario Almanza is at the same clinic, he will do your surgery for a little extra money or they require you to use him if you're at a higher risk for complications or your BMI is above 50. Let me know when you are going, we could do broth and jello together, lol! My fiancé & I would love to meet you! You should be getting so responses soon, I have talked to a few on here that have already made the trip and used Dr Hernandez...

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    08/18/2016
    Surgeon
    Hernandez
    Said "Thanks" 101 Times
    Was Thanked 31 Times in 28 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 42 Times
    Blog Entries

I used both, but no payment plan, and I was happy with dr and agents!!
    best wishes!

7. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Candi
    Surgery date
    12/15/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Marcelo Hernandez
    Last Activity
    02-17-2017 02:52 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

I'm using both. I have paid almost all of mine off. I have 99 dollars left to pay. I've heard good things about the surgeon and they are quick to answer any question I have

9. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    12/01/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times

Lisa73me, this is good to hear! I would like to meet you guys too. Unfortunately my date for surgery isn't until June 10th. That is if I go forward with them, and I think I might after hearing positive things about them. Thank all of you, this is a tough decision.

11. Said thanks:

12. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Surgery date
    12/01/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times

CandiH, did you use the layaway payment plan? If so were there any hidden costs? Sorry I sound so negative, I just want to cover all the bases!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Candi
    Surgery date
    12/15/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Marcelo Hernandez
    Last Activity
    02-17-2017 02:52 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

No fees. I just pay what I can when I can

15. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    12/01/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times

CandiH, I'm so glad to hear it! It's the best option for me I think. Good luck to you all! :-)

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    12/16/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Marcelo Hernandez
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 26 Times

I am using a layaway plan I have $200 left to pay the cost of my sleeve is 3799. I flying to San Diego on December 15th and my surgery is December 16th I am so excited I had my plane ticket I am ready to go the only thing I need to do now is pack my bag also I started my pre-op diet early I am on day 4 although they said I just needed to do it for 5 days I wanted to start it two weeks before the procedure
    296l lbs highest weight
    284 lbsl. Post pre op diet
    M1 258 (-26)
    M2
    M3
    M4
    M5

Surgery date
    12/01/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times

licensetoheal, Thats awesome! Good luck to you! Please let me know how it goes. From what I am hearing it will go smooth! I'm excited for you and my journey too!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    12/16/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Marcelo Hernandez
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 13 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 26 Times

I will definitely keep you updated I pray everything goes well I'm going in with a really positive attitude thank you so much for your well wishes
    296l lbs highest weight
    284 lbsl. Post pre op diet
    M1 258 (-26)
    M2
    M3
    M4
    M5

20. Said thanks:

Name
    Scott
    Surgery date
    09/19/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Hernandez
    Last Activity
    01-22-2017 10:07 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times
    Blog Entries

I used Dr. Hernandez in September of this year and it was the best thing that I could have done. I was really pleased with everything. The Hotel was nice, the surgery went great and I am a VERY satisfied customer. I used Weight Loss Agents as my go-between, but I did not do the lay away payment plan. I instead chose to bring a cashier's check with me to Tijuana. He is definitely worth the money.

22. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    10/07/2016
    Surgeon
    Hernandez
    Last Activity
    07-13-2017 01:01 AM
    Said "Thanks" 11 Times
    Was Thanked 49 Times in 33 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times

Sorry for the length of this post.

I used Dr Hernandez on Oct 7th and as of today I've lost 53 pounds and dropped 2 blood pressure medications I also used the lay away plan, put the deposit down to hold the date and made sure the rest was paid before the surgery
    took about 1.5 months to pay it off. Total amount paid was 3799.

My father and I went together so I would have support because due to having surgery in a different country and I wanted someone in my corner. we paid for our flights down there and traveled with weight loss agents
    across the border our driver was nice and took us straight to the hotel. We were able to walk around and get the lay of the hotel area that i assumed we wouldn't be doing much after surgery and
    that my father didn't speak the language so he wouldn't feel so out of place.

The staff at Hacienda del Sol was great, the first day we checked in we became friendly with one of the greeters and he helped out with alot of information and slipped a mini fridge in our room. That was great so be friendly with
    hotel staff so you can get extras because not all the rooms had them. Luckily the restaurant was right there at the hotel so my father didn't have to travel much to find food. Also the broth there is great tasted almost as if
    it was home made and not bullion cubes.

After becoming friendly with the staff we spoke with another person in the lobby and found out he had the surgery I was signed up for and he gave us more detail of what to expect before and after and that after you shouldn't feel
    pain from the surgery and to walk as much as you can to wiggle the gas out of your system faster both at the hospital and hotel. Then it was off to bed to TRY to sleep before surgery the next morning.

The day of surgery a few of us traveled from the hotel to the hospital and listened to Dr Alamanza talk about the surgery and found out he went through the procedure himself helped to put me at A LITTLE ease, plus I'm not sure
    how it happened but when I was taken into the surgery area I saw him twice more when he wasn't even my doctor. He asked me if I was nervous as he walked me into the surgery room and my response was yes, but it's too late now and
    got him laughing. My surgery amazingly was quick, or I think it was, they gave me gas and I was out next thing I knew I was in the recovery room groaning trying to wake up. Once awake they wheeled me into our ward to finish
    waking up and rest the remainder of the day. I had it in my head to walk the moment I woke up because I didn't want the gas buildup in my system, so off I went, I really didn't feel pain from the surgery just more of the drain port
    they placed was awkward. I slipped in and out of sleep the rest of the day and was able find out more information about my hospital mate each time we were both awake. We still talk today even though we are different states away.

After the hospital we were transported back to the hotel, again the driver was great they stayed away from the bumpy roads so they didn't hear everyone moan and groan once back at the hotel we all trickled back to our rooms to
    shower and wash our incisions and sleep some more. Not much longer we were all up moving and you could tell who the patents were be cause everyone was walking the hotel grounds holding out bellies like we were pregnant and afraid
    something would bump into them, after a few hours we were able to chomp on some otter pops and ice cubes, and if we were able to keep that down we were allowed to move onto jello and broth. You can do other things while down there
    like go to the swapmeets/fleamarkets me personally I just wanted to sleep and walk around the hotel before sleeping again The day before our return flight home the nurses removed our surgery drains and I felt a little freer.

They picked us up in the shuttles and transported us once more across the border (man way easier to get into country than out of it) Once in the airport I napped on the terminal floor until our flight back to Seattle. I'm glad
    glad I thought to bring broth packages to the airport with me so I could make my own broth with hot water from all the coffee places or while my father munched on food. Once we were home my body was still trying to figure out what
    happened and when it was or was not able to sleep and how tired it got after moving around for like 30 minutes. It took about 2 weeks before it was more accustomed of dealing with fewer calories that it was used to for keeping my
    energy up and by that time my body felt like it was in a refrigerator constantly. Almost 2 months later I'm beginning to feel warmer but I can definitely feel my insulation has disappeared and I get chilly easier.

Surgery date
    12/01/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 28 Times

Scheryl, thanks for the detailed info! I really do appreciate it! I wish you the best on you're full recovery! I love all the advise that will make things easier once there. Thanks again!!

25. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    10/07/2016
    Surgeon
    Hernandez
    Last Activity
    07-13-2017 01:01 AM
    Said "Thanks" 11 Times
    Was Thanked 49 Times in 33 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times

And keep you bags light because you can't carry more than 10 pounds after surgery unless you brining a support person lol

27. Said thanks: