Dr. Carlin
    Last Activity
    08-10-2017 08:54 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default New here :)

Hi everyone!

I love to read all of your treads for encouragement and advise. I am scheduled for surgery on 1/9/17 and I am super excited to start this journey and to get my life back. I have 2 little girls who are extremely active and I want to be the best mom to them. I started this process last December and I have been having a hard time lose the weight they wanted me to lose. I have pcos and thyroid issues that make it difficult to lose weight. My kids are little and take up all my time so its hard to work out after my husband gets home in the evening because i am so exhausted also i have a lot of lower back pain. I have managed to lose 10 pounds and they want me to lose at least 5 more before my surgery. I am so scared I cant lose it. I have been watching my diet but have not worked out. I am trying a partial protein diet but I cant seem to get full and I always feel like i am failing... I am always hungry..ALWAYS! any advice? any tips on what I can do to lose 5 pounds? I feel like it is impossible for me to lose weight if I don't for out but its so hard right now to get to the gym.

Lisa

Starting Weight 297

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member ghost_ryder's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Greg
    Surgery date
    08/23/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr Doyle
    Last Activity
    11-26-2018 07:18 AM
    Said "Thanks" 186 Times
    Was Thanked 855 Times in 568 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 677 Times

Default Re: New here :)

Have you tried replacement shakes? They do a good job filling you up but you also can a small meal every four hours. During my pre-pre-op diet, I was dinking two shakes-8 oz of unsweetened vanilla almond milk (better than it sounds) and EAS Whey Chocolate protein powder or Muscle Milk Vanilla. Then in between premier protein bars and a good dinner - salad and a good protein(fish, chicken or turkey). The tough thing is breaking the carb/sugar addiction but when you do, you will see the pounds come off.

Once you get into a routine, you will not get so hungry. And if you do, snack on a pre-measured nut serving or veggie.

HW - 341 - June 1
    SW - 319 - 8/23 (-22)
    1mn - 286 - Sept 23 (-33) -total 55
    2mn - 274 - Oct 23 (-12) -total 67
    3mn - 263 - Nov 23 (-11) -total 78
    6mn - 238 - Feb 23(-25) - total 103
    9mn - 230 - May 23 (-8) - Total 111
    10mn - 226 - June 23 (-4) Total 115
    11mn - 226 - July 23 (0) Total 115

4. Said thanks:

Name
    April
    Surgery date
    11/09/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr Marcelo Hernandez
    Last Activity
    03-11-2020 04:06 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 35 Times in 30 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times
    Blog Entries

When I was on my pre-op diet, I drank chicken bouillon. It helped me feel full and it tasted good. I also ate plain tuna with lemon and herb seasoning on it. It was pretty good. I also did some protein shakes. I am not very good about using those, but they help. Apple juice is another thing that can help, but it can be high in sugar, so watch the calories. I ended up losing 26 pounds before surgery and 6 weeks since surgery I am down a total of 63 pounds.
    You won't believe how you do not feel hungry. It's fantastic! It's more of a mind game after surgery. We are used to eating and a lot. You will only be able to eat a bite or two for quite some time. I can still only eat about 3 bites before I am full.
    The weight will fall off. My energy is so-so. I think that's because I don't do the shakes like I should, but I try and that's what's important.
    Good luck and let us know how it goes.

"I'm not losing weight! I have no intention of finding it again!" - Author unknown

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    Debra jo
    Surgery date
    12/19/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. LEE
    Last Activity
    10-27-2021 06:42 PM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 27 Times in 15 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times
    Blog Entries

These are the rules I was given before surgery...No bread, NoPasta, No rice , No soda and nothing after 7 o'clock at night..Uses Premier Protein from Walmart and mixed it with Fair life milk and skim....So yummy and filling plus all the providing you need. I was down 40 lbs when I went into surgery on Monday..I came home last night No pain... Follow these rules and the weight will come off...I also walk in the pool and do Water Zumba...Get your excersise...Remember you are doing this for you ����
    ☝Never give up!!☝

8. Said thanks:

Name
    Lisa
    Surgery date
    01/03/2017
    Surgeon
    Dr. Marcelo Hernandez
    Last Activity
    12-21-2018 09:19 AM
    Said "Thanks" 774 Times
    Was Thanked 242 Times in 169 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,104 Times

Hi Lisa! I'm a Lisa too! I'm sorry I don't have much advice for you, as my surgery is right before yours. I just wanted to welcome you and say I hope everything works out...

10. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents