03/01/2017
    Surgeon
    Coleen Kennedy
    Last Activity
    02-27-2017 04:27 AM
    Said "Thanks" 11 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Unhappy A Trip of a Lifetime or Should I say to Save a Life and That Would be Mine

I am not young but have a lot of Life to Live. I would not bore anyone with all of my health issues but Congestive Heart Failure and Heart Disease is enough but certainly not all. I am just beginning this trip am feeling alone and want some help with what I am most concerned about is the diet medications that seems to work like the vitamins and ESPECIALLY THE PROTEIN...IT IS HORRIBLE. I started the process the end of October and surgery not scheduled until after my last diet consult in middle of January. I am retired from the corporate world of banking, have been married 46 years, 2 children, 5 grandchildren and 2 great grandchildren with one due before Christmas. I am sub teaching now and love it - gets me out of the house a few days a week. Maybe there is some out there that can help me with my concerns...thank you for listening (I cannot get my profile picture to populate?)

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    08/16/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Kuri
    Last Activity
    06-25-2018 12:30 PM
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Was Thanked 75 Times in 70 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 644 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A Trip of a Lifetime or Should I say to Save a Life and That Would be Mine

Just cruise along around on the site .. so much info

I use Synergy brands, more of a juice than others. LIke the nectar one.
    Your doctor could offer some ideas.
    Wish you the best.

Gastric Sleeve Member Dawnislas's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Dawn
    Surgery date
    09/13/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Cribbins
    Last Activity
    04-10-2019 09:58 PM
    Said "Thanks" 7 Times
    Was Thanked 43 Times in 33 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 17 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: A Trip of a Lifetime or Should I say to Save a Life and That Would be Mine

Go to the bariatric choice website and look at their protein concentrate drinks. They are in pouches that you just add to water, I like blue raspberry. The Syntrax is good also I have twisted cherry and finally I buy the lemon lime Proteinex. All are sold on that website and I have not thrown anything out. I also bought some protein soup mixes that i added to store bought soup and also drank just that when I was 1-2 weeks post op. I mix the drinks with water and usually add some zero calorie power-aide or diet cran-grape juice. I drink the shakes also (Premier and GNC) but I have a big variety of other drinks on hand to keep it interesting. As far as vitamins go I liked the generic Flintstones from Wal-mart and the rest I bought at a health food store. I just found things that were chewable or sublingual and did not cost a fortune. Good luck.

sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

I would go to a health food store like Vitamin Shoppe or GNC and just buy one of every kind of protein drink you see. Try them all, you are sure to find something you like. Then buy a case of what you like. I was never into those creamy shakes, I liked the Isopure orange diluted with a lot of ice. I also liked the vanilla flavor powder from Walmart that I blended with skim milk and lots of ice. And don't worry, once you get back on food you can ditch the protein drinks forever, they will be a distant memory. I remember bringing all my left over protein stuff to our support group one night to give to a "newbie." Happy day!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    03/01/2017
    Surgeon
    Coleen Kennedy
    Last Activity
    02-27-2017 04:27 AM
    Said "Thanks" 11 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Wow what good advise - I am going to use all of this information - especially thrilled about the protein drinks that are fruit flavored and the vitamins...thank you so much for the help...

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    08/01/2016
    Surgeon
    hernandez
    Last Activity
    04-25-2017 05:29 PM
    Said "Thanks" 13 Times
    Was Thanked 16 Times in 13 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 130 Times

I had my surgery done in August, I have lost 72 lbs, but getting enough protein has been a big struggle, I found some different shakes last week called Lean shakes from GNC they taste much better that the premier ones to me anyway.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    08/01/2016
    Surgeon
    hernandez
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 13 Times

I still have to drink it because I am losing my hair, I guess thats why

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    08/01/2016
    Surgeon
    hernandez
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 13 Times

but i am so glad I did it, I feel so much better in so many ways, and the hair loss is really the only side effect so far I have had.