Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    10-08-2011 03:10 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default new sleever to be

hi i am booked to be sleeved on the 11th november 2011 at leeds nuffield by simon dexter.
    i am absalutly terrified but also looking forward to the start of a new life.
    anyone else had surgery at nuffield
    also whats the pain like post surgery im a wuss really.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Norman McIver
    Surgery date
    07/29/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Grant Bevan
    Last Activity
    07-17-2012 01:37 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 34 Times in 29 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 21 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: new sleever to be

Congrats on the upcoming surgery.

The pain differs from person to person but in my case, the first few hours was hell for me. I was hitting the morphine button like it was going out of fashion even though it limited it use to every 5 minutes. At one point I even regretted what I had done, but once I was less groggy and not being such a wuss I stopped the morphine and "manned up" as it were. The one thing which helped reduce the amount of pain was sitting in a chair, or standing and peeing in a bottle, which was the extent of my movement the first day. The second day I made an effort to walk around a bit more, to the toilet and up and down the corridor to help move the excess air in my stomach which is probably the biggest discomfort. By the third day I was on jello and yoghurt and reeving to go home. One thing which I look back on and find really funny is my desire to fart....one of the guys in my ward who was in for something else passed wind and I was so envious of him lol. Some people I've seen on here didn't have any pain and were home by the second day with very little problem, so I guess it depends on person to person.
    Fortune Favours the Brave.

Name
    Norman McIver
    Surgery date
    07/29/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Grant Bevan
    Last Activity
    07-17-2012 01:37 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 34 Times in 29 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 21 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: new sleever to be

Congrats on the upcoming surgery.

The pain differs from person to person but in my case, the first few hours was hell for me. I was hitting the morphine button like it was going out of fashion even though it limited it use to every 5 minutes. At one point I even regretted what I had done, but once I was less groggy and not being such a wuss I stopped the morphine and "manned up" as it were. The one thing which helped reduce the amount of pain was sitting in a chair, or standing and peeing in a bottle, which was the extent of my movement the first day. The second day I made an effort to walk around a bit more, to the toilet and up and down the corridor to help move the excess air in my stomach which is probably the biggest discomfort. By the third day I was on jello and yoghurt and reeving to go home. One thing which I look back on and find really funny is my desire to fart....one of the guys in my ward who was in for something else passed wind and I was so envious of him lol. Some people I've seen on here didn't have any pain and were home by the second day with very little problem, so I guess it depends on person to person.
    Fortune Favours the Brave.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Name
    jelly bean
    Surgery date
    08/17/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    12-11-2012 07:20 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times