Last Activity
    10-05-2021 01:22 PM
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times
    Was Thanked 32 Times in 21 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 9 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Help!!

Quote Originally Posted by A_New_Meek View Post
    Hello, aww don't feel depressed, you've just hit a stall which is normal I had my first one around that time frame also what I did was increase my water excessive and protein and my stall broke. And by exercise I mean I just walked a lot nothing super strenuous. Try that and keep us updated.
    *exercise I meant! Darn auto spell

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    05/01/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Black
    Last Activity
    10-28-2016 07:46 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times
    Blog Entries

I was having the same problem. I'm 3 years out and it's a slower process of losing the weight. But I had to start working out as much as I can. I watch how much I eat and I avoid sugar at all cost. I don't drink calories anymore. I switched to diet and zero calorie drinks which helps a lot. The adjustment to diet drinks and water was a bit difficult but I have to keep in mind that I don't wanna go back to the way I was b4 surgery so that helps me deal. I tried different drinks but the best tasting one for me is the Pepsi Max then Coke Zero. Even if you slip up and eat something your not suppose to just keep trying to do better I have a weakness for Popeye's apple pies and if I get one it'll be maybe 2 a month to take the edge off but I keep my meal size small as if I just had surgery and walk or workout as much as possible and the weight is slowly coming back off. Just stay away from sugar for the most part and don't drink your calories!! I bake and boil and grill more than anything when I prepare food at home. And I snack on real fruit. Peaches, strawberries, and apples which really helps with the hunger. You can do it. We all need help sometimes!!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    09/09/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    03-27-2017 09:09 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Thank You for your reply. It is helpful and encouraging to know, that I am not the only one to stall in my weight loss. I will certainly keep eating protein and up my exercise. I hope to be as successful as you. I will keep you posted. Thanks again.

5. Said thanks:

Name
    Pam
    Surgery date
    05/27/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr Ponce de Leon
    Last Activity
    02-22-2024 08:48 AM
    Said "Thanks" 679 Times
    Was Thanked 771 Times in 544 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 57 Times
    Blog Entries

I think you answered your own questions in your original post. You already know what to do, just gotta do it.

HW: 275
    PreOp: 268 5/12/16

SW: 258. 5/27/2016
    10 w: 225. Goal 1
    12 w: 222.
    14 w: 216.
    4 m: 215
    5 m: 205
    22: 199.4 10/30 Goal 2
    24: 196
    6 mo: 191
    7 m: 193
    8 m: 184
    9 m: 180 2/3/17. Goal 3
    10 m: 179
    11 m: 171
    48: 170
    1 yr: 166.6. 5/27/17
    13 m: 165.8
    5 y,10 m: 215
    7 yrs: 230

Revised Goal : 200
    "Bonus" Goal: 180

7. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member A_New_Meek's Avatar
    Name
    Tamika
    Surgery date
    01/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Suh
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Misse28 View Post
    I was having the same problem. I'm 3 years out and it's a slower process of losing the weight. But I had to start working out as much as I can. I watch how much I eat and I avoid sugar at all cost. I don't drink calories anymore. I switched to diet and zero calorie drinks which helps a lot. The adjustment to diet drinks and water was a bit difficult but I have to keep in mind that I don't wanna go back to the way I was b4 surgery so that helps me deal. I tried different drinks but the best tasting one for me is the Pepsi Max then Coke Zero. Even if you slip up and eat something your not suppose to just keep trying to do better I have a weakness for Popeye's apple pies and if I get one it'll be maybe 2 a month to take the edge off but I keep my meal size small as if I just had surgery and walk or workout as much as possible and the weight is slowly coming back off. Just stay away from sugar for the most part and don't drink your calories!! I bake and boil and grill more than anything when I prepare food at home. And I snack on real fruit. Peaches, strawberries, and apples which really helps with the hunger. You can do it. We all need help sometimes!!
    Yes the sugar monster is crazy I have been staying away since I posted this all I ate some grapes I freeze them and they taste like candy to me don't know if that's good but I figured its better than candy . I try and walk alit due to my fitbit challenges but I need to do more I guess. My probably is energy because I'm anemic also and some days my iron is just so slow that I don't want to do anything but sleep I'm so bad at taking my vitamins I had low iron before surgery tho but now its worst.

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Tamika
    Surgery date
    01/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Suh
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Angelheart View Post
    Thank You for your reply. It is helpful and encouraging to know, that I am not the only one to stall in my weight loss. I will certainly keep eating protein and up my exercise. I hope to be as successful as you. I will keep you posted. Thanks again.
    You're welcome! Anytime!

Name
    Tamika
    Surgery date
    01/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Suh
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pam G View Post
    I think you answered your own questions in your original post. You already know what to do, just gotta do it.
    Yes I do

Surgery date
    05/01/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Black
    Last Activity
    10-28-2016 07:46 AM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times
    Blog Entries

Yes the sugar monster is crazy I have been staying away since I posted this all I ate some grapes I freeze them and they taste like candy to me don't know if that's good but I figured its better than candy . I try and walk alit due to my fitbit challenges but I need to do more I guess. My probably is energy because I'm anemic also and some days my iron is just so slow that I don't want to do anything but sleep I'm so bad at taking my vitamins I had low iron before surgery tho but now its worst.
    I was having a problem with energy also. My doctor told me the key was to get up and move and once I did I felt better. Its all about that first step. Praying for you to be encouraged. It'll all work out just keep your faith we're all in this together!!!

Name
    Tamika
    Surgery date
    01/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Suh
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times
    Blog Entries

Yes I feel like all your guys wonderful tips are working thanking you! Since I posted this I've lost four pounds so I'm going to keep on doing what you all say

14. Said thanks:

Name
    Pam
    Surgery date
    05/27/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr Ponce de Leon
    Last Activity
    02-22-2024 08:48 AM
    Said "Thanks" 679 Times
    Was Thanked 771 Times in 544 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 57 Times
    Blog Entries

Yes I feel like all your guys wonderful tips are working thanking you! Since I posted this I've lost four pounds so I'm going to keep on doing what you all say
    wow! just, wow!

HW: 275
    PreOp: 268 5/12/16

SW: 258. 5/27/2016
    10 w: 225. Goal 1
    12 w: 222.
    14 w: 216.
    4 m: 215
    5 m: 205
    22: 199.4 10/30 Goal 2
    24: 196
    6 mo: 191
    7 m: 193
    8 m: 184
    9 m: 180 2/3/17. Goal 3
    10 m: 179
    11 m: 171
    48: 170
    1 yr: 166.6. 5/27/17
    13 m: 165.8
    5 y,10 m: 215
    7 yrs: 230

Revised Goal : 200
    "Bonus" Goal: 180

16. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Aquarius31's Avatar
    Name
    Erin
    Surgery date
    08/16/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. David Dyer
    Last Activity
    12-21-2016 10:36 AM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 7 Times in 4 Posts

Hi. I am 4 years out. I am going through the same thing. I read a bunch of stuff about the pouch reset and ultimately did a combination of things and lost 9lbs in one week. I wasn't hungry. All I did was do a mix of "back to basics" and limiting my carbs. I increased water intake and began drinking green tea every morning before I eat anything. I also starting cooking using Paleo diet recipes which were yummy but very low carb, so I felt satisfied thinking I was eating bad, but it was good. I also made sure to wait 30 minutes before and after eating to drink. Here is an example of what I ate in a day:

Green Tea in the morning

1-2 Scrambled eggs with bacon and cheese (I never finish 2 scrambled eggs, so I would sometimes save for the next morning)
    snack-cauliflower tater tots
    lunch- spinach salad with boiled eggs, cheese, and chicken-regular Italian or Catalina dressing
    snack-cauliflower jalapeno muffins (no bread!)
    Dinner- pizza made with cauliflower crust. with cheese and chicken.

I also stopped eating after 7pm.

Some other stuff I cooked was cauliflower fried rice, breakfast hash, broccoli tots, and I bought low carb tortillas and made tacos.

This helped me a ton and wasn't hard to do. I bought a ninja food processor duo thing that helped out a lot with making the cauliflower into rice and stored the ready made rice in the fridge for the week. I also made nachos with the rest of the unriced cauliflower.

I hope this helps!

18. Said thanks:

Name
    Tamika
    Surgery date
    01/30/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Suh
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aquarius31 View Post
    Hi. I am 4 years out. I am going through the same thing. I read a bunch of stuff about the pouch reset and ultimately did a combination of things and lost 9lbs in one week. I wasn't hungry. All I did was do a mix of "back to basics" and limiting my carbs. I increased water intake and began drinking green tea every morning before I eat anything. I also starting cooking using Paleo diet recipes which were yummy but very low carb, so I felt satisfied thinking I was eating bad, but it was good. I also made sure to wait 30 minutes before and after eating to drink. Here is an example of what I ate in a day:

Green Tea in the morning

1-2 Scrambled eggs with bacon and cheese (I never finish 2 scrambled eggs, so I would sometimes save for the next morning)
    snack-cauliflower tater tots
    lunch- spinach salad with boiled eggs, cheese, and chicken-regular Italian or Catalina dressing
    snack-cauliflower jalapeno muffins (no bread!)
    Dinner- pizza made with cauliflower crust. with cheese and chicken.

I also stopped eating after 7pm.

Some other stuff I cooked was cauliflower fried rice, breakfast hash, broccoli tots, and I bought low carb tortillas and made tacos.

This helped me a ton and wasn't hard to do. I bought a ninja food processor duo thing that helped out a lot with making the cauliflower into rice and stored the ready made rice in the fridge for the week. I also made nachos with the rest of the unriced cauliflower.

I hope this helps!
    Oh thank you so much I'm going to try all of this for this week.I appreciate the wonderful advice

Gastric Sleeve Member Seahawksfan's Avatar
    Surgery date
    07/31/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Vadim Sherman
    Last Activity
    11-17-2018 08:23 AM
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Was Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

A tip (that I also need to go back to)....go online and find a doable weight exercise routine. Get some 5 pound weights and hump it out. The increase in movement will help with feeling so tired. It will shock your body and help jump start losing again. Adding weights, even just 5 pounds makes a difference. Sweets is my biggest monster, I love cookies. There may be a day or two that the only thing I have eaten for a whole day is cookies. Stay strong, push through! Congrats on your success so far!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    09/09/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    03-27-2017 09:09 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts

Thank You for your encouragement and advice. I will try it out and hope that I will start seeing my weight fall off. I will keep you posted on my journey. I wanted to ask you, if you also have days when you are constipated? Seems to happen to me every few days. I eat my veggies and protein, so don't know what else to do. Do you have any suggestions?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12