Surgeon
    Dr. Frenzel
    Last Activity
    11-24-2016 09:33 PM
    Said "Thanks" 120 Times
    Was Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Thumbs up Day 9 update

So the beginning was pretty rocky but by day 7 post-op I was feeling pretty good. Now on day 9 I would say I'm at 90%!

Still sleeping in my recliner because stretching out still twinges a little bit.

Today is the first day I really have felt the restriction, I'm still on liquids but before I never really felt it. I don't know if it's because today is the first day without any tylenol but whatever it is my stomach is feeling very restricted and very iffy. I'll get hungry but even the first sips are like ehhh not sure I'm into it. I've been pretty excited for the soft food stage but if today is any indication I am deff not ready for that. Maybe my stomach is just off today.

Still struggling to get in the recommended amount of fluid but I knew that would be my biggest problem.

My incisions are also supppper itchy! I know it's because they are healing but man I just want to scratch the heck out of them.

I am still sleeping a lot and I'm trying to gauge if that's because of the surgery and healing or if it's just a coincidence. I do have chronic EBV and hope I'm not going into another flare.

Also a question for veterans, is the low-fat recomendation from the dietician a forever thing? Does your stomach eventually become able to handle more fat, I've always stayed away from low-fat versions of things because they tend to be more processed. Not a huge issue just curious.

I think that's all for this update, thanks everyone for all your support and well wishes, I think I've made it over the hump!!

HW: 321
    SW: 310
    W1: 306
    W2: 301
    W3: 298
    W4: 295
    W5: 291
    W6:291
    W7:290
    W8:289
    W9:286
    W10:

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member girlwitharosetattoo's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    09/06/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Shawn Stevenson
    Last Activity
    09-14-2016 03:39 AM
    Said "Thanks" 104 Times
    Was Thanked 60 Times in 53 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 22 Times

Default Re: Day 9 update

Hi there! Just wanted to say "hi" and give your post a bump even though I can't answer your questions yet. 2 weeks still to go for me. Is EBV Epstein Barr? A friend in high school was fixed with this back then. I remember she was so tired all the time. :/

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Shelby
    Surgery date
    08/15/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Frenzel
    Last Activity
    11-24-2016 09:33 PM
    Said "Thanks" 120 Times
    Was Thanked 25 Times in 21 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Quote Originally Posted by girlwitharosetattoo View Post
    Hi there! Just wanted to say "hi" and give your post a bump even though I can't answer your questions yet. 2 weeks still to go for me. Is EBV Epstein Barr? A friend in high school was fixed with this back then. I remember she was so tired all the time. :/
    Thanks for the reply, just like to post an update every now and then to give others something to go off of!

EBV is Epstein Barr and it's no picnic!

HW: 321
    SW: 310
    W1: 306
    W2: 301
    W3: 298
    W4: 295
    W5: 291
    W6:291
    W7:290
    W8:289
    W9:286
    W10:

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Bufflehead's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/19/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. K. Robert Williams
    Last Activity
    08-14-2017 02:46 PM
    Said "Thanks" 39 Times
    Was Thanked 180 Times in 130 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 44 Times

Personally I think full fat is fine as long as you are counting calories and staying within a strict range. If you are just eating whatever and not counting calories, full fat can be detrimental to weight loss, especially since a lot of full fat foods don't really engage your restriction at all.
    That said, it's probably not a great idea to start substituting the judgments of internet strangers -- or your own judgment -- in place of the professionals you hired to guide you to weight loss success, so take what I said with a pillar of salt seriously, sometimes I second guess my bariatric team, then I remind myself I'm the one who made such poor decisions that I ended up 350+ lbs and needing bariatric surgery, so I shut up and listen to what they say, not what my stupid brain tells me.
    PS -- I saw in another post you were asking about milk. You might want to look for Fair Life or CarbMaster milk. They have more protein, fewer calories, and fewer carbs than regular milk. That's what I used for a good portion of my weight loss mode. Good luck!

7. Said thanks: