Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    10-06-2016 05:06 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Default Re: I think I want to cancel my surgery

I didn't read all of the comments but read most. Congratulations for coming this far it is a HUGE step!! for the person who said it was a "short cut" obviously has no idea what he is talking about. In no way is this as easy as getting the surgery and bam you loose the weight. It's a whole life style change, as in breaking habits that have been done for years, if that was easy we would of broke the habits long ago right?? I was sleeved in March and let me start off by saying its the best choice I have ever made, only mad at myself for not getting it done sooner. I was nervous but more excited, I think when your ready for it mentally then the nervousness goes away a little. You have to do it for YOU and no one else. There are bumpy roads as in not seeing numbers drop as fast some months and you will hit plateaus and there will be times you just want to eat everything in sight but unfortunately your body wont let you--- (this has been the case for me at times), I was that biggest person in the room in the family. I feel amazing now I have energy to play sports with my kids, I started a gym (boot camp) that I love. The fear of getting big again is a struggle but its motivation. If you want it you will and can achieve it. I was embaressed telling people I got the surgery for the same reasons I didn't want to be critsized as taking the easy way out- but after so many failed diets and regimens I am proud of myself for going through with it. It was not the easy way out at all. The way I see it as it was an extra push for me (helping me eat less) if I want results i could not see them just getting the surgery and BAM lose the weight ....HELL NO i have to work my butt off to see the results i want---watching what i eat, counting calories, reading food labels, measuring my food, working out, taking vitamins --- how is that easy???? My advice to you is ask yourself if you are really ready for the change-- if in your heart you are really ready then go for it and don't look back.

Since March 2nd i am down 75 lbs and I am halfway to my goal, it has not been easy peasy for me but it has been one hell of a ride that i do not regret and feel so good about myself.

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    03/02/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    10-06-2016 05:06 PM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Default Re: I think I want to cancel my surgery

Good luck on your decision and your journey.