Surgeon
    Dr Kent Sasse
    Last Activity
    07-23-2017 08:05 PM
    Said "Thanks" 9 Times
    Was Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Surgery July 18th

Hi everyone, my name is Lee and I am in Reno, NV. My surgeon is Dr Kent Sasse. I am being sleeved. I am excited but also very nervous. I'm so ready for this lifestyle change but I know I'm going to need some counseling to help me change my eating habits. Anyone from Reno who went with Sasse?

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Cyndi
    Surgery date
    12/30/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Robert Marema
    Last Activity
    01-09-2020 06:15 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1,143 Times
    Was Thanked 908 Times in 689 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,250 Times

Default Re: Surgery July 18th

Welcome!

It's normal to feel anxious/nervous/scared/excited. This is a life changing decision!

I'm grateful to have the best therapist in the world! She's helped me get down to "Causes and Conditions". I've learned to cope with life's ups and downs WITHOUT turning to something or someone outside myself to make me feel better! Happiness is an INSIDE job! We don't talk about food or bingeing or anything of that sort. I'm grateful that I made the decision for myself to go to someone BEFORE surgery AND to continue to go.

July 18th will be here before you know it. I used the wait time to practice healthy post-op behaviors.

I highly recommend watching Dr Matthew Weiner videos on YouTube. They're full of useful information.

I can't speak to Reno or Dr Sasse. You can use the search feature at the top left of the page to search his name. You can also search the groups.

You've come to by far the best site for support, no-nonsense suggestions, knowledge, wisdom and experience.

Best of luck as you embark on your journey!

4. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    07/21/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Jay
    Last Activity
    01-05-2017 05:31 PM
    Said "Thanks" 188 Times
    Was Thanked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 205 Times

Not even close to where you are living. lol Hopefully you'll find someone here who has had him for a surgeon. If you have a support group at your weight loss facility, I'm sure you could get some reassurance from them. Some facilities have FB pages you can join to speak with other patients.

Good luck!

Gastric Sleeve Member PleaseSleeveMe's Avatar
    Surgery date
    06/22/2016
    Surgeon
    Yijun Chen
    Last Activity
    06-23-2017 10:42 AM
    Said "Thanks" 35 Times
    Was Thanked 48 Times in 29 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Quote Originally Posted by WANAGL View Post
    Welcome!

It's normal to feel anxious/nervous/scared/excited. This is a life changing decision!

I'm grateful to have the best therapist in the world! She's helped me get down to "Causes and Conditions". I've learned to cope with life's ups and downs WITHOUT turning to something or someone outside myself to make me feel better! Happiness is an INSIDE job! We don't talk about food or bingeing or anything of that sort. I'm grateful that I made the decision for myself to go to someone BEFORE surgery AND to continue to go.

July 18th will be here before you know it. I used the wait time to practice healthy post-op behaviors.

I highly recommend watching Dr Matthew Weiner videos on YouTube. They're full of useful information.

I can't speak to Reno or Dr Sasse. You can use the search feature at the top left of the page to search his name. You can also search the groups.

You've come to by far the best site for support, no-nonsense suggestions, knowledge, wisdom and experience.

Best of luck as you embark on your journey!

All of the above +1.

I think you are very smart to consider getting additional support on this journey.

My bariatric surgery center (UCLA) was surprisingly useless at providing referrals/suggestions for therapists I could speak with. So, I did a google search for "eating disorder counselor Los Angeles" to find my LA-based therapist. I read through many profiles and "interviewed" several prospective therapists, ultimately deciding on someone who is both a licensed therapist AND a licensed nutritionist, and who specializes in bariatric patients! She has really helped me work through many of my food-related issues and to find alternate ways of coping with emotional situations besides "eating my feelings."

Even if you can't find someone with that exact skillset (I realize I hit a ridiculous jackpot), you can probably find someone near you who has counseled bariatric patients in the past. I would recommend it to anyone who has the resources to do this. It's good to have as many arrows in your quiver as possible!
    Highest weight: 208
    1st Pre-op weigh-in: 198
    Surgery day weight: 196
    Goal weight: 141
    Ridiculous fantasy goal weight: 120

7. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member goestogym's Avatar
    Surgery date
    02/08/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sasse
    Last Activity
    07-13-2022 11:23 PM
    Said "Thanks" 92 Times
    Was Thanked 116 Times in 88 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 246 Times
    Blog Entries

Hello, I am a patient of Dr Kent sasse. I'm aware that you've probably had the sleeve procedure and wanted to know how it all went for you. I'm 7 years out and this procedure has been a life changer!

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member Laurallynn's Avatar
    Name
    Laural
    Surgery date
    09/28/2012
    Surgeon
    Cuneen
    Last Activity
    04-20-2020 12:42 PM
    Said "Thanks" 20 Times
    Was Thanked 47 Times in 31 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

I am moving to Carson City next year. I have been sleeved and would love to be support once I am there....