Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    07-21-2016 08:43 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default New to the Group

Hi all,

I am considering having the Gastric Sleeve done by Dr. Hernandez at HMN Hospital in Mexico. I have read a lot of reviews on the weightlossagents website, but I am still needing a little reassurance that he is legit! Everything I have read so far looks great. There's just something about traveling to Mexico that I feel unsure bout. Has anyone here had experience with Dr. Hernandez? I would appreciate any personal feedback. Thanks so much!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member xtalbling's Avatar
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    08/05/2016
    Surgeon
    Hernandez
    Last Activity
    10-31-2016 08:53 AM
    Said "Thanks" 81 Times
    Was Thanked 91 Times in 72 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 55 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: New to the Group

I'd love to hear other opinions, I am scheule with him in 36 days. I read and read and asked a ton of questions and reasked the same questions just to get more comfortable. So finally I said to myself i have tried everything in power to assure that I have all the inforamtion and scheuled. My passport came in in just under 4 weeks. I am as ready as i will ever be. Everyone journey is different and how you get there is just as different. Good luck to you and i cant wait to start this new journey!

Gastric Sleeve Member Happy58jul's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Julie
    Surgery date
    02/11/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanzo
    Last Activity
    06-15-2018 11:12 AM
    Said "Thanks" 12 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Re: New to the Group

hi, I had my surgery at the same hospital with dr Hernandez, partner dr almanza. The hospital is not like America but they do sleeves all day long everyday. The staff are caring and helpful. The hotel is supportive with nurses and the dr. Visits there. I had a friend with me and this does help keeping you more comfortable. I woke from surgery happy and laughing. Spent the night at hospital and to hotel in the morning after. No more mess after the first day because I didn't like them, or need them. Drink lots of ice water to help with the swelling in the stomach. I would do it again! I'm almost 5months out and lost 48 of my 100lb goal. The Dr. In Mexico are really top notch at what they do. I have 5 friends that have also went to Mexico and had no problems. Hope this helps.