Dr. Keith Wright
    Last Activity
    09-25-2016 10:22 AM
    Said "Thanks" 25 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 19 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 10 Questions for the Sleeved

I think my #8 is concerning me, because I'm worried like what if my birth control pill isn't absorbed enough to be effective! LOL I have my 11 year old son, and I'm done! LOL
    But not only that, I also take medication for hypothyroidism and I do get blood work done every 6 months for that, so I'll compare and monitor my levels of everything to my previous results.

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    08/19/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Sherman
    Last Activity
    01-09-2017 05:51 PM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,269 Times
    Blog Entries

I am 1 year 10 months post-op

1) Are there any foods you can not eat or does food taste different? Pork and beef are still hard to digest. I don't each much bread or pasta either. it still feels to filling. I can only drink tea, water, coffee and selective juices in small amounts without feeling sick, which I think is a bit strange but it is what it is.

2) Do you throw up? Only 1 since I had the surgery

3) Do you have heartburn? I do get heartburn frequently mostly at night when I haven't drank enough water during the day.

4) Do you feel hungry? (I have hunger pangs if I eat more carbs through out the day)

5) Do you exercise? Not consistently. I walk a lot but I am incorporating climbing the stairs and doing more strengthening exercise to kick start my weight loss again.

6) Do you feel dizzy? I have days where I am a bit lightheaded. Usually its low blood sugar

7) Have you had a leak? No

8) Do you think you are absorbing your medications and nutrients from food? My labs are good but I think it helps to get a lot of water in.

9) Do you regret getting the sleeve? No its still working for me to stay focused

10) Would you recommend getting the sleeve? Yes but its important that you put you first and apply the necessary things to have successful weight loss even if/especially when you are not seeing any weight loss. It really is a lifestyle change.

Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    11/05/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ryan Heider
    Last Activity
    10-19-2016 10:06 AM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

1) Are there any foods you can not eat or does food taste different? No soda - at all.
    2) Do you throw up? The vitamins made me throw up during the first few weeks, but once I found some chewables that worked for me, I was fine,
    3) Do you have heartburn? No
    4) Do you feel hungry? Sometimes, but a LOT less than I used to.
    5) Do you exercise? Not much
    6) Do you feel dizzy? At beginning, yes. Now only if I stand up to fast or bend over too fast.
    7) Have you had a leak? No
    8) Do you think you are absorbing your medications and nutrients from food? I hope so!
    9) Do you regret getting the sleeve? Not one bit!
    10) Would you recommend getting the sleeve? Absolutely!