Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    05-25-2013 05:33 PM
    Said "Thanks" 30 Times
    Was Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times

Default Re: Went to a bariatric seminar tonight - Medicare does not pay for the sleeve under any circumstances. BUT...(good news/my p

Quote Originally Posted by Charity View Post
    From an outsider who just read this thread - this post seems a little mean and unneccessary. nycbiscuit was jsut trying to help and show options. No need to get nasty.
    It's interesting how perspectives differ. Because I actually felt it was passive aggressive and somewhat nasty when a poster made a comment essentially saying that my hospital must only care about money, and that theirs doesn't. I did not address that or respond to it because those were just my *feelings* based on what another poster typed. I am not in their head, and I don't know why they would phrase things that way (because I wouldn't). But for me to assume that the person was being nasty or passive aggressive in actuality would be wrong of me. I felt they were, but I don't know for sure, and I am not one to assume. Also because I believe I spoke with the person before either on the forum or in messaging, I figured maybe it was my PMS reading into it too much and maybe the person didn't mean it like that. I always give people the benefit of the doubt online because we are strangers and I don't know their personality, they don't know mine, we can't see each others facial expressions or hear each others voices, etc.

So because of that I was trying to be VERY CLEAR and VERY SPECIFIC because a lot of times when ONE PERSON shares their experience, other people kind of come in to say "no...that's wrong" or "I know you are sharing your experience, however I am going to share mine simultaneously anyways". When I'm merely sharing my experience. Which is neither right or wrong, it just is what it is - one person out of millions of people seeking bariatric surgery's experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Deelite View Post
    Huh, as another outsider, I don't see any nastiness in what you quoted. It's notoriously easy to read stuff that isn't there online. Looks like s/he was just trying to be clear, (which can also be a problem online), and was a little frustrated, but not nasty.
    And yes... it is a huge problem online, things not being clear. Also people reading emotion into things that are actually clinical and non-emoted things.

We all have our own personalities and I am very like...straight forward and don't like to get derailed into the land of what if. We all have to do what works for us, because we are all individuals.

It's always better to look at things as people trying to be clear and precise perhaps even clinical, than people trying to be rude, nasty, or mean.

I have absolutely no reason to be rude or nasty to anybody here because none of you have like...done anything to me.

This is the internet

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have not had a gastric sleeve.
    Last Activity
    05-25-2013 05:33 PM
    Said "Thanks" 30 Times
    Was Thanked 7 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times

Default Re: Went to a bariatric seminar tonight - Medicare does not pay for the sleeve under any circumstances. BUT...(good news/my p

Quote Originally Posted by nycbiscuit View Post
    Sorry -- I'm not trying to advocate anything one way or another. IAnd although you started this thread, there are many more people who read this board and may find both your story and other people's responses helpful and informative.

So, for others out there, what Medicare covers differs from state to state. There is also a means to appeal if you feel that there is a procedure or medication that you think should be covered. Medicare Appeals

Your mileage may vary.
    Thanks for clearing that up. Maybe you can start a separate thread to help those people. Because you helped me learn that Medicare does pay for international stuff - and I had no idea of that.