Surgeon
    Dr. Samuel Rossi
    Last Activity
    05-08-2016 02:13 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Hello - been reading for a while

I'm Tammy. I wanted to say hello. This is my first post even though I've been reading the forums when I have time. I take care of a couple of disabled/sick family members so time is hard to come by sometimes. I had my surgery 12/29/15. I had a rough time with it. I had to have 4 blood transfusions and spent a week in the hospital. I was 358lbs when I started my pre op liquid diet and 131 days out I'm down to 285lbs. So 73 lbs gone. But I'm stalled and that SUCKS. I haven't lost for a month.I haven't gained either but can't help feeling bummed out. I'm just not getting that full feeling as often as I was and that worries me. I know from reading that it will pass and I will start losing again. And I keep telling myself that but those negative thoughts try to creep in and mess with my head. On the plus side I've been able to stop taking metformin and I'm only taking one blood pressure medicine instead of 3. Anyway, I figured it was time to stop being a lurker and post.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Cyndi
    Surgery date
    12/30/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Robert Marema
    Last Activity
    01-09-2020 06:15 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1,143 Times
    Was Thanked 908 Times in 689 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,250 Times

Default Re: Hello - been reading for a while

Quote Originally Posted by T@mmy View Post
    I'm Tammy. I wanted to say hello. This is my first post even though I've been reading the forums when I have time. I take care of a couple of disabled/sick family members so time is hard to come by sometimes. I had my surgery 12/29/15. I had a rough time with it. I had to have 4 blood transfusions and spent a week in the hospital. I was 358lbs when I started my pre op liquid diet and 131 days out I'm down to 285lbs. So 73 lbs gone. But I'm stalled and that SUCKS. I haven't lost for a month.I haven't gained either but can't help feeling bummed out. I'm just not getting that full feeling as often as I was and that worries me. I know from reading that it will pass and I will start losing again. And I keep telling myself that but those negative thoughts try to creep in and mess with my head. On the plus side I've been able to stop taking metformin and I'm only taking one blood pressure medicine instead of 3. Anyway, I figured it was time to stop being a lurker and post.
    Welcome!
    I was sleeved 1 day after you were. Weight loss is close to the same amount.
    I had several severe complications and spent 8 weeks in hospital.
    I'm getting stronger every day.
    I've learned from those who have gone before me that stalls are normal. When I'm in a stall I stay OFF the scale. As long as I'm getting the proper amount of protein daily (80+ GMs), and at least 80 oz of water daily, I know I won't be stalled forever. I keep doing the next right thing, measure instead of weigh and the next thing I know I'm down a size! The best part...I'm not freaking out over a number!

I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Tammy
    Surgery date
    12/29/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Samuel Rossi
    Last Activity
    05-08-2016 02:13 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: Hello - been reading for a while

Thanks for the welcome.
    Wow- 8 weeks I can't even imagine. One week was horrible enough for me. I hope your complications are resolved. I had to start taking a blood thinner a month before surgery because of a separate issue and wasn't told to stop it soon enough. Good advice on the "numbers". I was avoiding the scales but had an appointment Friday with a different doctor so I had to get weighed in.