Dr. Sean Sowemino
    Last Activity
    07-25-2016 07:47 AM
    Said "Thanks" 21 Times
    Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times

Default 6 week post wls nutrionalist appt

Good Morning fellow Sleevers..

I went to my nutritionist apt yesterday and she seemed pleased with my results, so here they are... Since Dec 2015 I am down 32.5 lbs, since my WLS I have lost 24.5 lbs, loss 23 % fat mass and 0 muscle mass lost. I am hoping to be able to get outside soon to get my workout started. I have gotten back to wearing my Fitbit so I am keeping track of my steps, calorie intake, and even sleeping patterns.

I see people have noticed the weightloss, and I have noticed some of my clothes are fitting better, however I know I have a long way to go. As a general question, has anyone else found it difficult to look at yourself and not see what everyone sees? Or do I have a deformed vision of my accomplishments? I feel like I am being hard on myself and am failing to see what has been accomplished thus far.

I am getting all of the nutrients, water, and proteins I need however is it realistic to think I should be farther along than I am?

Feeling a bit deflated : confused:

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    03/10/2016
    Surgeon
    M. Wayne Westmoreland
    Last Activity
    10-27-2016 06:24 AM
    Said "Thanks" 235 Times
    Was Thanked 78 Times in 63 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 70 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 6 week post wls nutrionalist appt

You are doing good Zacharymom. Don't make the mistake I've been making and that is comparing your weight loss journey to others. I have to remind myself instead to compare my weight lost to my own past. It had been years since I lost this much weight prior to starting my pre-op diet and while I have a long ways to go, I'm giving myself more short-term goals to celebrate.

The difference in my energy level is simply amazing. While the last time I had lost about 20 pounds I had more energy, I had not been as large at that time as I was this time and I was barely able to walk before I began all of this.

I noticed that my seat belt is more apt to be inside the car when I get out instead of hanging out where I have to always push it back inside to close the door. That's what I call amazing after all these years of just the opposite.

I keep getting comments about my jeans being too big for me. While I went to the store and really could not find smaller jeans that I liked the way they fit, I think part of the problem is that my jeans had gotten so tight on me that I was really wearing jeans the wrong size back then.

I was able to buy smaller size shirts and yes, I know it's too soon to buy clothes unless you are a couple of sizes smaller, I figured I deserved them as a prize and am now glad I bought them. I did go on the cheap but hey at least they are new.

I think you are doing great. Don't give up. We've only just begun and I believe we have amazing things to look forward to.

Starting pre-op diet weight: 357
    Surgery date weight: 337
    Goal weight: 150

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Aydensmomma's Avatar
    Name
    Teri
    Surgery date
    12/30/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Shady Macaron
    Last Activity
    06-11-2022 11:06 AM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 314 Times in 206 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,510 Times
    Blog Entries

I didn't see a change in myself for a while. We see ourselves every day so we look the same to us. You are changing, your just not seeing it.
    I definitely suggest buying clothes at a thrift store, you don't want to go out and spend a bunch of money on stuff that is going to be too big again. Your doing great. Like Tina said, do not compare your loss to anyone elses. It will drive you nuts. I had to have my husband hide the scale at one point because it was making me crazy
    If you didn't get your measurements already do that now, and start taking a monthly selfie, you'll look back on them and see the changes
    sleeved 12/30/14 @255lbs Goal 140lbs
    3/3/15- 208lbs 6/14/15- 163lbs
    lost 92lbs in 1st 6mo
    9/10/15- 139 1/5/2016 - 128lbs
    lost 128lbs in 1 year
    4/4/16 - 123lbs 7/4/16 - 129lbs 12/3/16- 130
    still 128lb loss@2 year mark-11lbs below goal
    gained 13lbs by 3 year mark weighing 142lbs
    Gained up to 158 by 3 years 3 months!
    3.5 years back to 142
    hoping to stay between 140lbs-145lbs
    4 years hanging in between 145 and 150
    5 year mark! ugh! Up to 160! Time to get back track!

6. Said thanks:

Name
    Dede
    Surgery date
    03/06/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-25-2017 08:27 AM
    Said "Thanks" 64 Times
    Was Thanked 63 Times in 42 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times
    Blog Entries

Zmom- I am on the fitbit site too my name is notamolly you are welcome to add me!

Heighest weight 253 pounds 3/2/2016
    Pre-op weight 244 pounds 3/6/2016
    1 week after surgery 238 pounds 3/13/16
    1 month post-op 227 pounds 4/6/16 lost 26 pounds
    2 month post-op 218 pounds 5/6/16 lost 9 pounds total of 35!
    3 month post-op 204 pounds 6/6/16 lost 14 pounds total of 49!
    4 month post-op 197 pounds 7/6/16 lost 8 pounds total of 56!

8. Said thanks:

Name
    Jaime
    Surgery date
    06/25/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Ungson
    Last Activity
    05-14-2019 04:15 PM
    Said "Thanks" 82 Times
    Was Thanked 183 Times in 124 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 34 Times
    Blog Entries

HI
    I don't see what others see. I fully get it. When I look at pictures of "before" and then look at me now...I do notice that I have changed, but I don't think I see myself as the size other people see me as. If that makes any sense? Not sure I ever will see what others see, but it is a process, right?

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Cyndi
    Surgery date
    12/30/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Robert Marema
    Last Activity
    01-09-2020 06:15 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1,143 Times
    Was Thanked 908 Times in 689 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,250 Times

Quote Originally Posted by zacharymom View Post
    Good Morning fellow Sleevers..

I went to my nutritionist apt yesterday and she seemed pleased with my results, so here they are... Since Dec 2015 I am down 32.5 lbs, since my WLS I have lost 24.5 lbs, loss 23 % fat mass and 0 muscle mass lost. I am hoping to be able to get outside soon to get my workout started. I have gotten back to wearing my Fitbit so I am keeping track of my steps, calorie intake, and even sleeping patterns.

I see people have noticed the weightloss, and I have noticed some of my clothes are fitting better, however I know I have a long way to go. As a general question, has anyone else found it difficult to look at yourself and not see what everyone sees? Or do I have a deformed vision of my accomplishments? I feel like I am being hard on myself and am failing to see what has been accomplished thus far.

I am getting all of the nutrients, water, and proteins I need however is it realistic to think I should be farther along than I am?

Feeling a bit deflated : confused:
    You're doing amazing! Look how far you've come in a short time!
    Keep up the great work.
    I love the idea of a monthly selfie. I'm going to start doing that just for me.

13. Said thanks: