Name
    Michelle
    Surgery date
    12/14/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    08-25-2016 06:43 AM
    I'm a gypsy. I travel all accross the country. Midwest in the summer and Arizona in the winter.
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times
    Was Thanked 88 Times in 57 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Default DON'T QUIT...Look at ME!!! Pictures!! IT WORKS!!

I am blown away at the difference!!!!! In fact I'm still choked up just looking at the picture and I keep looking at my before picture. Look how round my face is. I am not posting this picture to brag or to say in your face type of thing. I am posting it hoping that it will motivate others like it motivates me.

I was just sleeved on December 14th of 2016 not even 3 months ago. I have lost 44 pounds and went from a size 2X and 3X shirt to a size extra large shirt! I have not worn a size extra large in probably 15 years or more. I have went from a size 22 capris and jeans what you see in the picture on the left which was just taken in November of 2015 four and a half months ago, to a size 14.

I am, like you may be...... a scale Whore! Yep I said it. LOL you know get up in the morning go to the bathroom jump on the scale while you're naked. It used to be one of those things that would determine if I was going to have a great day or a bad day. I no longer think that way. In fact there have been times during this short Journey that the scale has not moved in two or three weeks but because I have been diligent with my workouts I know I have lost many many many inches. Which reminds me I actually have to measure.

I want those people that are new to this form to know that this is not a quick fix or lose 50 pounds in three weeks type of thing but boy oh boy can it make a difference the longer you stay on the plan you follow the food correctly and you work out. I am part of Fitness pal.com and so far I have not missed a day of logging my food in 75 days. And since my surgery on December 14th I have missed only 15 days of working out.

you really have to want this and I mean you have to want it bad! You have to realize that if you went to the drastic measures of getting three quarters or more of your stomach cut away then you better well then be serious that this is your last hope. Of course that is only my opinion. Remember that you need to do this for you because you are the one that really counts. If you're having a bad day or your relationship sucks right now. Maybe it's because you don't feel good about you. Trust me that can change 100%!

I had not told anybody about my surgery except for my immediate family. However in the last two weeks I have had so many people send me private messages on Facebook asking me if I have lost weight because I am looking so good. So I decided to tell my story. It was an emotional day and I cried a lot. Along with being overweight comes a lot of emotions including shame, embarrassment and the feelings of not being Worthy. There is a stigma that also comes with being overweight and having surgery to lose the weight. A lot of people think of it as an easy way out and we know first hand it is not. Don't get me wrong it's a great tool to jump start our journey but it still takes work.

I posted my story on Facebook and had over 600 likes and over 350 comments Plus at least 30 private messages and all of them started out with.... I read your story and cried as I read it. I was emotionally drained and actually had to physically check out and go to a movie. Anyway all of the feedback except for one I have over 350 comments was positive and just made me feel awesome and reassured me about the decision that I made. As a new person I highly suggest you take lots of pictures before hand because you actually won't realize how much you have lost or your body has changed until you see a side by side picture as I did this morning.

If you are like me or a typical heavy person you only let people take pictures of your face or from the chest up you've also told people not to post pictures of you in Facebook or to photoshop or crop you. I highly suggest you stop doing that as I did last year. I decided I would let people post all those pictures even though I was embarrassed and ashamed it was a great motivator for me. Why should I have them not post pictures of themselves with me just because I was embarrassed of how I looked. Don't let those pictures be a negative let them be a positive and motivate you to a better you. Well that is my $0.10 cuz obviously it was a little bit longer than $0.02 or some info. Good luck to you and stay focused.

I
    Attached Images

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member crlangel56's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Cherie
    Surgery date
    12/10/2015
    Surgeon
    almanza
    Last Activity
    05-19-2017 09:21 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 105 Times

Default Re: DON'T QUIT...Look at ME!!! Pictures!! IT WORKS!!

You look great. I had my surgery with almanza on dec 10th. I also am blown away with my results. 65 pounds down. Yes it is a lot of work but so worth it. Continued success to both of us. I went today to buy dress for my sons wedding. Was in a 24 WP. Today I bought a 14 !!!!

4. Said thanks:

Name
    Teresa Arnold
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    05-24-2017 10:55 AM
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times
    Was Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts

Congratulations you two you are doing great keep up the good work!!!

6. Said thanks:

Name
    Cherie
    Surgery date
    12/10/2015
    Surgeon
    almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times

Teresa you've lost a lot too. Isn't it great!

8. Said thanks:

Name
    Dede
    Surgery date
    03/06/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-25-2017 08:27 AM
    Said "Thanks" 64 Times
    Was Thanked 63 Times in 42 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 8 Times
    Blog Entries

thanks! I really needed to read this. I know I am being selfish thinking about ME...but I can't help it! You look great and I hope you are blessed even more so along your journey. I am only 3 weeks out and feel miserable..scale is not moving and I am not hungry at all...but you have lifted me up!

Heighest weight 253 pounds 3/2/2016
    Pre-op weight 244 pounds 3/6/2016
    1 week after surgery 238 pounds 3/13/16
    1 month post-op 227 pounds 4/6/16 lost 26 pounds
    2 month post-op 218 pounds 5/6/16 lost 9 pounds total of 35!
    3 month post-op 204 pounds 6/6/16 lost 14 pounds total of 49!
    4 month post-op 197 pounds 7/6/16 lost 8 pounds total of 56!

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Teresa Arnold
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times

It is great just went through knee replacement 3 weeks ago and really surprised that I'm still losing.

13. Said thanks:

Name
    Teresa Arnold
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times

thesinger,do you come to southern indiana selling your stuff during the summer?

Name
    Teresa Arnold
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times

I went thru the 3 week stall seamed like forever for the scales to move I thought they were broke and went and bought new set. Lol

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    01/15/2016
    Surgeon
    DR. Almanza
    Last Activity
    06-20-2020 10:12 PM
    Said "Thanks" 68 Times
    Was Thanked 54 Times in 49 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 481 Times
    Blog Entries

You guys are rocking this ,I'm so happy for you all . Can't wait to srart my weight loss journey also.

17. Said thanks:

Name
    Cherie
    Surgery date
    12/10/2015
    Surgeon
    almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times

It's great. But those stalls suck big time. I am in my 3 rd one. Mine only last about 2 weeks but still I know they will pass. Starting to have a little loss of hair. Not noticeable yet but I see it in my hair brush. Especially after shampooing. Are yall having that problem yet. I get most of my proteins in daily but not always. Taking biotin multiple vitamins and hair skin and nail supplement

Gastric Sleeve Member thesinger's Avatar
    Name
    Michelle
    Surgery date
    12/14/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    I'm a gypsy. I travel all accross the country. Midwest in the summer and Arizona in the winter.
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times

No I haven't got to Indiana yet. My stuff sells in over 80 stores across the United States mostly Harley-Davidson dealerships hair salons and a couple Indian dealers. I also have a website. I am currently in Arizona until the second week of April then I head to California Laughlin Nevada California again in May then probably through Colorado New Mexico Texas Minnesota. I will be in Minnesota the middle of May through the first week in September. Then I had to Arkansas at the end of September and Texas in November and December. Thanks for the good wishes I appreciate it.

Name
    Michelle
    Surgery date
    12/14/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times

I cannot stress this enough don't let that scale tick you off. For 3 weeks to a month I could not get that scale to go off of 232 pounds. It was like every freaking day for 3 weeks HOWEVER even though the scale never went down I went down 2 pant sizes. Yes two! I believe it is also because I am working out doing crunches and trying to build muscle so I don't end up with loose skin etcetera. I am currently putting out an APB on my butt. I don't know where it went but it is gone. LOL seriously why do we lose weight in our fingers and our ass? Why can't it all disappear from our stomachs? LOL don't worry if the scale doesn't move it will eventually. Just be honest with yourself what you are putting in your mouth. Thanks everybody. I cannot wait to see what the next few months have to offer.

Name
    Teresa Arnold
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 6 Times

Yea I have same thing but I had some before the surgery, I also take biotin.

Name
    Michelle
    Surgery date
    12/14/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times

I am having a hard time getting all my proteins in.

Name
    Michelle
    Surgery date
    12/14/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times

Quote Originally Posted by mrtumnus View Post
    thanks! I really needed to read this. I know I am being selfish thinking about ME...but I can't help it! You look great and I hope you are blessed even more so along your journey. I am only 3 weeks out and feel miserable..scale is not moving and I am not hungry at all...but you have lifted me up!
    You've GOT THIS! !!!!