Surgeon
    Dr.Sergio Quinones
    Last Activity
    03-30-2016 04:51 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 72 Times in 50 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default All abou Insomnia.

So today I will be talking a little about Insomnia I do not know if this was really my case but I just could not sleep good at all last night.
    I have heard about Insomnia and I have always been one of those that can not sleep well, but last night was different.
    I went to sleep,well so called sleep about 12 A.m. and lied their and just stared at the roof. I got up to make me some sleepy time tea to see if that would help and nothing. I looked up at the wall to see what time it was and it was already 2 A.M. So I tried to take some nigquil to see if that would help and still nothing. I also had a really bad headache. So all night I was tossing and turning all nigh.
    What I found really weird was that I started to dream,but I knew I was awake I have never this before experienced.
    Has this ever happen to any one before? And does any body know what can cause this to happen? And then I would start dreaming about another,another and another thing. Every dream was different but I new I was dreaming and I could feel myself thinking that I was awake that why is all this happening. Could this be from all my hormones exploting at this time and I just do not have any control of my body.
    Then my husband told me that he was going to work and I think I finally feel asleep. i remember that as soon as I woke up I felt that I have slept to much as I go rushing into the shower,getting dressed and rushing off to work not even checking the clock. I get to work of my husband to eat something and I see that the restaurant was is still closed. So I went in to ask my husband what time it was and he told me that it was only 9. So I only had one hour of sleep. So I only sleeped one hour and I felt weird when I woke up like. Has this happen to any one else or should I worry about this. Can I get some info.advice ect

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member donewithdieting's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Linda Lou
    Surgery date
    11/08/2011
    Surgeon
    almanza
    Last Activity
    05-15-2016 05:23 PM
    Said "Thanks" 82 Times
    Was Thanked 76 Times in 71 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 711 Times

Default Re: All abou Insomnia.

Weight loss will screw with your hormones, and they are the ones that help with sleep. You usually have to find what works for you. Some people it is no caffeine quite awhile before bed, some not eating. You gotta find your sweet spot on what to do.

Banned
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    02/11/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr.Sergio Quinones
    Last Activity
    03-30-2016 04:51 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 72 Times in 50 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by donewithdieting View Post
    Weight loss will screw with your hormones, and they are the ones that help with sleep. You usually have to find what works for you. Some people it is no caffeine quite awhile before bed, some not eating. You gotta find your sweet spot on what to do.
    The thing is that I haved tried evey thing to try to sleep, I just have not found my sweet spot like you said. Do you have any other advice then no caffeine,no food?

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    04/06/2016
    Surgeon
    Velasquez
    Last Activity
    05-01-2016 01:27 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

I am a big fan of Traditional Medicinals Nighty Night Tea 16 Tea Bags is $5 at the local Safeway Grocery Store near me...but it is available online also!

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    08-11-2019 01:31 PM
    Said "Thanks" 34 Times
    Was Thanked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Sometimes I have insomnia like you. I hardly go to sleep, tossing and turning a lot, when I force myself to go to sleep, I have feelings that I'm dreaming, but I'm not sure this is a dream or reality..
    The next morning I wake up, I got a serious headache.
    So I have some advice for you to treat insomnia:
    - Before you go to bed, you should take a quick shower with hot water. Hot water helps you to get relaxed and you will have a better sleep.
    - Or you can inhale essential oil like lavender oil. Many researches show that lavender releives headache and treat insomnia very well.

7. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    sraebaer
    Guest   Change Avatar!

I have always suffered from insomnia, nothing changed after surgery. I take medication that gives me 4 hours if I'm lucky. I had the sleep study, and while I don't have sleep apnea, I was awake 49 times.

A few things my doctor recommends are staying up as late as you can, a comfy cool bedroom, and limiting any screens (phone, tv, computer) before bed. Supposedly the light triggers your brain to keep awake. Then he says if you can't sleep to get out of bed and do something. I've been known to grocery shop at 2 AM. No crowds! Or run at 4 AM.