Welcome guest, you have 1 message! Register

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    07-09-2016 01:51 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default What did you have done and why?

I still haven't been sleeved yet, I'm hoping this summer, but I still think of everything I'd like to get done once I'm able to. Right now I weigh roughly 375. I've been overweight all of my adult life. Early 20s I was probably in the 225 range and it just has steadily gone up ever since. I'm also going to be 45 in June, so I know that NO amount of exercise is going to tone all of this extra skin. And with my age, I also know it won't just spring back like some of the younger ones can.

With that said, I'm thinking I would definitely want my arms done. Right now, they are really big (I mean they sag down a lot now, never mind once I lose the weight) Obviously, I would have my stomach done (I'm thinking the fleur-de-lis) and I would also need to have my legs done (I carry most of my weight from the stomach down). Boob-wise, I don't know what to do there. Right now I'm a size 44 JJ (have been big chested my entire life, even when I was a "normal" weight. I'm assuming I would lose some of my chest as well with the weight loss and I'm also assuming I would prob need a lift or something. What have you done with your breasts?

Now, my next question would be, if you have had all of these surgeries, which order did you have them in and why? Is it better to get one before the other? Did you get the "worse recovery" one out of the way first? Did you have more than one surgery done at a time?

And how old is too old to get this stuff done? I'm thinking I'd have to be recovered from the sleeve for about 2 years before starting the reconstructive surgeries, so that would put me at 47yrs old. Am I stupid to think that I'll be too old for that kind of stuff?

What are your thoughts?

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    09/28/2015
    Surgeon
    Oliver A. Varban
    Last Activity
    07-08-2018 07:14 AM
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times
    Was Thanked 60 Times in 52 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,222 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What did you have done and why?

I'm actually older than you and am definitely going to get something done to fix this mess that I'll have. I, too, have been overweight... for the better part of 27 years. That being said, my body and the skin covering it has been through an ordeal, to say the least! I'm seeing hanging skin in my stomach area now and my legs are not far behind. I , like you, carry my weight predominantly in my lower half, pear shaped. I haven't researched what procedures I'll need as it'll take some time to save up the monies needed, but I look forward to reading from the others that respond. By the way, good luck to you in your upcoming surgery!!

Gastric Sleeve Member justwannabnormal's Avatar
    Surgery date
    12/10/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Parikh
    Last Activity
    11-16-2016 07:08 AM
    Said "Thanks" 100 Times
    Was Thanked 32 Times in 30 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,126 Times

I had the sleeve in Dec 2013. So far I've lost 129lbs. I'm going for a consult his week. I want to know what is actually feasible and what is just a dream when it comes to my body. Of course I want to look amazing, but how I want to look and what can actually be done are probably 2 different things.My arms have always been big. They are still big but hang so bad, it's so embarrassing. I could wear a smaller size top if it wasn't for my saggy arms. I've always been overweight. I turn 49 this year, so I wonder if I'm too old to be doing any of this too. But I'm doing it for myself, just like the sleeve. I want to be happy with who I am. I lost my boobs along the way too. I wasn't very big to start with, but now they've gone south. Went for annual mammo a few weeks ago and tech said, did you lose alot of weight, cause she could see all the elasticity. Nice. Then, there's my bottom half. Always been big there too. It's still big, but saggy. This is my greatest concern. I have so much butt, no real shape except saggy. I've had hygiene issues. 10 minutes after I shower and dry off, moisture accumulates. Embarrassing to talk about, sorry, but it's my day to day issue that I don't hear about from anyone. Can't imagine being intimate with anyone. And seeing as I'm single, I don't see myself entering into a relationship until I'm secure in all aspects of my body. No regrets on the sleeve. Best decision I ever made. I knew I'd need surgery to fix the excess, it's just scary. But I am finally happy with who I am and I now feel like I am who I was always supposed to be. If that makes sense. Sorry to go on and on. When it comes to weight, it's always more involved, isn't it.

5. Said thanks:

Name
    Melissa
    Surgery date
    06/13/2012
    Surgeon
    Poplowski
    Said "Thanks" 431 Times
    Was Thanked 607 Times in 457 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 220 Times

Gosh, I am 49, and my age never crossed my mind when it came to my panniculectomy and Abdominoplasty. Heck no, you are not too old!! My daughter says I just now got hot! haha! Do it as soon as you can! We are not getting any younger, ladies! If I had the money, I would do my arms and legs too! Cheers!
    A person's a person, no matter how small! Dr. Suess

7. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    01/13/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Karl Strom
    Last Activity
    06-29-2023 07:07 PM
    Said "Thanks" 43 Times
    Was Thanked 726 Times in 509 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 51 Times
    Blog Entries

I am going to be 55 in August. I have always wanted to get my boobs done. Now, even moreso. I keep thinking that I'm too old, but I'm still strongly considering it. I would really love to get my stomach area done as well. If nothing else, I want to get a consultation to see what are the possibilities.

9. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Pam
    Surgery date
    05/27/2016
    Surgeon
    Dr Ponce de Leon
    Last Activity
    02-22-2024 08:48 AM
    Said "Thanks" 679 Times
    Was Thanked 771 Times in 544 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 57 Times
    Blog Entries

If I ever did anything, and I doubt I will, it would be the 'bingo wings'

HW: 275
    PreOp: 268 5/12/16

SW: 258. 5/27/2016
    10 w: 225. Goal 1
    12 w: 222.
    14 w: 216.
    4 m: 215
    5 m: 205
    22: 199.4 10/30 Goal 2
    24: 196
    6 mo: 191
    7 m: 193
    8 m: 184
    9 m: 180 2/3/17. Goal 3
    10 m: 179
    11 m: 171
    48: 170
    1 yr: 166.6. 5/27/17
    13 m: 165.8
    5 y,10 m: 215
    7 yrs: 230

Revised Goal : 200
    "Bonus" Goal: 180

Surgery date
    08/23/2016
    Surgeon
    Matthew LeMaitre, M.D
    Last Activity
    08-27-2016 10:52 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

I will get everything my insurance will pay for. If they do not pay for anything I will pay for a tummy tuck and boob lift.

Name
    Stacy Devenney
    Surgery date
    04/27/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Tuggle
    Last Activity
    09-04-2020 02:32 PM
    Said "Thanks" 97 Times
    Was Thanked 147 Times in 104 Posts

I had my consult a couple of weeks ago and I'm having a tummy tuck and thigh lift in November. Hopefully, I can also have my arms done next summer. I did not go through all this to still have saggy skin. Am I going to be swinging on a pole when all this is done - no, but I just want to look as good as I feel and I'm very self conscious of the hanging belly, thighs and arms. Oh, and I'm 46; so NO we are not too old to still be MILF's

13. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    07-01-2016 04:34 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times

it might be hard but I think it's still okay at last as long as you are happy with that.

Gastric Sleeve Member azladyrider's Avatar
    Name
    Sue Ashe
    Surgery date
    06/28/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 42 Times
    Was Thanked 326 Times in 229 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times
    Blog Entries

I was sleeved 4 years ago this coming Tuesday. I had a mastectomy and horrible recon between 99 and 2005 and was a mess anyway so I did have recon over the last 2 years with expanders and eventually settled on a decent size but that was more reconstruction related. I did have a tummy tuck in Jan of 2015. Removed a little over 7 inches - should have gone for the lipo while I was at it but I'm ok with the looks now. I didn't have mine done until a year after I totally leveled out on my weight loss and maintained it so I lost my weight by November of 2012 but waited to make sure I'd stay there or around there. Gotta tell ya the tummy tuck was a major bitch - ugh - the breasts not so much. Imagine doing a gazillion situps in a half hour and that's how the TT felt for a week to 10 days. (sorry just saying....) A year and a half later and I joke that I could go get a lower stomach full tattoo and I wouldn't feel a thing. Yep still numb....

16. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member VeryLargeBob's Avatar
    Name
    Bob
    Surgery date
    06/19/2012
    Surgeon
    Alamanza
    Last Activity
    02-13-2023 06:48 PM
    Said "Thanks" 15 Times
    Was Thanked 128 Times in 76 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 32 Times

After I had my stomach sleeved, I was able to see my feet again.
    After I had my abdominoplasty, I was able to see my naughty bits again.
    Height: 6'4""
    Highest Weight: 346
    Pre-Op: 330
    Day of Surgery: 318

18. Said thanks: