Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    08-30-2018 02:50 PM
    Said "Thanks" 10 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 25 Times
    Blog Entries

Question Thrilled at almost 2 Months out, waiting for something to go wrong....

I am right at 6 weeks out and down 30lbs. I haven't really had any issues. Of course there is always the time period right after surgery when you are questioning what you have done and hating life, but 2 weeks out things started to get easier and from then on out, it's just been a matter of adjusting to my new lifestyle. I started eating stuff way before the recommendations. I didn't go crazy or anything but I couldn't exist on broth and shakes. I needed to chew!! At this point I haven't found anything that I can't eat. I still don't eat any more than a few bites at each sitting, but I do try to eat several times a day. Since I found an antacid that worked for me, all has been good. I do take Sub lingual B and supplements and biotin (for hair and nails). It's part of my morning routine and for me that probably is the worst part, because I hate to take pills or medicine of any type and to think of having to do this every day for the rest of my life, does not make me happy. But so far it has been worth it!
    I get compliments all the time, from people I don't even know that see me often, whether it be at the gym, office or ball field. I have to say it is a good feeling. Although when they ask how I am doing it, I tell them very small meals and exercise, which is the truth, but I kind of feel like I am lying or cheating or something. Almost all my friends and close family know so it's not like it is a big secret and if someone were to ask me if I had something done, I would tell them.
    Now I am just waiting for something to happen. I read about all these problems people have and it scares me to death, that things are going to easy for me. Like I am missing something and one day I am going to wake up and something terrible will happen in relation to my stomach. I don't see too many posts where people are just straight out happy about every aspect of the surgery. People that are happy with the new lifestyle. I loved to eat, loved to eat bad things, but I am loving not being able to eat myself to 200+ lbs. It's so great not being on a meal schedule. I don't have to plan around breakfast, lunch and dinner. It's actually quite freeing and with the exception of the cost of supplements, definitely a lot cheaper, since my husband and I eat out all the time. We split one meal, if you can call it splitting since I only eat a bite or two of everything then I am done. I have no problem going out to eat with people or being social, I have no desire to eat more than I should or can.
    Anybody out there just very satisfied with the surgery and everything that comes with it?

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    "Lea" (nickname)
    Surgery date
    06/25/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Treen
    Said "Thanks" 134 Times
    Was Thanked 139 Times in 107 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1,434 Times

Default Re: Thrilled at almost 2 Months out, waiting for something to go wrong....

Yes I am.
    I was told by someone on these boards when I was 3 months out to be patient. To go with the flow and relax. That was hard because I was obsessing with everything! Weighed myself 2 times a day. Nuts.
    You must get the protein in.
    Low carb high protein. Always and for me the rest of my life. Which is cool.
    Drink, Drink, Drink.
    Nothing is easy and sure there can be issues down the line. But for me my issues I have had being sleeved are nothing compared with being fat and about to die.
    I still take Biotin. Lost most of my hair and it did grow back.
    Still have a restriction and will never be able to eat like I could in my other fat life. I can eat half a burger, maybe 4 oz. of a steak, an apple, small banana. You get the idea. My hubby loves it when we go out to eat because he eats the rest of my food! I have to stop him because I can eat off my leftovers for 2 days. Lol.

Erica take one day at a time. Remember to say "This too shall Pass". I lost over a hundred pounds in less than 10 months and I have kept it off(and lost more). Oh and I eat whatever I want...in moderation.
    IT'S BEEN ALMOST TEN YEARS NOW SINCE MY SURGERY. AND IM STILL GOING STRONG!!!!!!

5. Said thanks: