Surgery date
    11/24/2014
    Last Activity
    02-10-2016 04:10 PM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default 2nd time around

Where to start! It took me two years to decide to have weight loss surgery, finally in October 2010 I had the lap band surgery and lost 90 pounds but by May of 2014 I had problems and eventually had it removed in a emergency surgery. In November that year I had the Sleeve done, it has been ok up until recently, I am definitely gaining weight, I get on the scale and it is just a small amount but nothing seems to fit and I am so uncomfortable.

I never really reached my goal and still have 40 pounds to get rid of, but lately it is such a problem. I am sure I can eat more now then at first but still small meals, but not the right meals.

I was hoping to find a local support group to go to meetings, but have not found anything yet.

I am very worried!

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Janice
    Surgery date
    09/24/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr. Boorse
    Last Activity
    01-14-2021 06:57 AM
    Said "Thanks" 135 Times
    Was Thanked 199 Times in 117 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 113 Times

Default Re: 2nd time around

Beth, you have come to the right place for support. First off call your surgeon and see if there is any advice they can give you, assuming you had the surgery close to home. If not look up weight management offices affiliated with local hospitals. Bariatrics is big business and I can't imagine a hosp not having something to offer. My center has support groups monthly and for my co pay I can meet with nutritionist or dietician.
    Then look up the 5 day pouch test. I have not used this, but I know people in my group that have used it.
    Start tracking your food. It helps make you aware of whats going into your body. And then don't forget about us. I am going through challenges right now and I have too much time on my hands. I spend a lot of time here. I track what I eat. Please come back often and talk to us!! I have heard of a lot of people that had the sleeve after the lap band. My surgeon won't even do lap band unless there is no other option.

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member jerzeygirl's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    07/20/2011
    Surgeon
    Dr. Louis Balsama
    Last Activity
    01-22-2020 03:10 PM
    Said "Thanks" 166 Times
    Was Thanked 924 Times in 694 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 485 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2nd time around

Beth, are you following your program? Exercising, watching the carbs, etc. Back to basics always works for me and you can do it. Actually, you're probably better than some others since you've done it once already Concentrate on what works, and stick to that. It's a lifestyle change and it will work if you work it. This is a good site for support, but you still have to follow program to be successful. Lots of tips and support here though if you want to incorporate it into your lifestyle. Continued success, and welcome!

6. Said thanks: