11/10/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr rodriguez juarez mexico
    Last Activity
    03-17-2017 06:10 AM
    Said "Thanks" 219 Times
    Was Thanked 124 Times in 104 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Any juicers or green smoothie sleevers??? Or is it bad for such a small stomach??

I really want to change my lifestyle before wls i thought ovarian cancer and had lots of ct scans x rays and blood work over a years period

My ovaries were in sever pain i wanted a hyatecrectmy but my dream is having kids i have had bad cycles since i was 18 30 now-

So i found green juices started to juice for a few months before surgery. I havent met any one sleever to juice most people i ask state that stomachs are way to small now, we will only get the sugar and not much nutritional value since it will just pass right thru the sleeve.

I would say this statment to be more true for someone who has had bypass??!

So looking for some real answers

I would love to start using my juicer again for health benefits or possibbbbbly if iam brave enough a vitamax for green smoothies

First goal 295- 4-11-16

Second goal 265 - 8-15-16 (that took forever lol halfway there!)

3rd goal 200 -

ATLAST final goal 165-

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member MrsDeLaCruz2020's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Lauren D.
    Surgery date
    10/02/2013
    Surgeon
    Jaime Rivera
    Last Activity
    07-15-2017 11:43 AM
    Said "Thanks" 40 Times
    Was Thanked 33 Times in 18 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

Default Re: Any juicers or green smoothie sleevers??? Or is it bad for such a small stomach??

No matter what way you do it, to loose weight you need HIGH protein! So if you are juicing add a scoop of plain protein powder to it. They recommend 60 grams of Protein per day so if you hit your goal you will see a weight loss. As for juices running through the sleeve... before surgery you have to do a liquid diet. So no it doesn't run through you... but! You Cannot live off of liquids... just to give you a boost for a week or two its ok, after that then you need to start weening off of it... 2 liquid meals... and one regular and start to ween off like that and stick to HIGH protein and low sugar, low carbs. To log your food is a great way to keep track. MyFitnessPal is amazing! Have you tried it yet?

MY JOURNEY
    STARTED: 4/24/13- 268lbs.
    LOWEST WEIGHT: 6/25/14- 168lbs.
    GAINED 50 from 2014-2016
    STARTED AGAIN: 214- 9/27/16.
    GOAL: 175- TBA

4. Said thanks:

Name
    Heather
    Surgery date
    10/14/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr.Selim
    Last Activity
    06-08-2016 01:58 PM
    Said "Thanks" 3 Times
    Was Thanked 272 Times in 222 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 97 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Any juicers or green smoothie sleevers??? Or is it bad for such a small stomach??

I did a lot of green juice in my final "diet" before WLS. I never use it now as there's very little of what I consider "food" there for me anymore. Food=protein. Juice=sugar. If I really wanted it, I suppose I could work it into my plan around adequate protein like anything else I "want" but I just don't see a reason as it no longer represents high quality food for my prescribed plan.

Eating post WLS will turn what you formerly considered "healthy" on its head. I treat it like a prescription, (because it IS). I take my supplements and PPI daily as prescribed. If clock my protein as prescribed, I've done well. If I clock my protein, there isn't room for much else so I don't have to worry that I'm over carbed, over sugared, etc. Unless I'm not meeting my fitness goals which include maintaining my 90 pound weight loss. I get cardio 5x per week and a bit of strength training so I have a decent metabolism and a bit of wiggle room calorie wise these days. If the scale numbers start to slide in either direction for more than a week or 2, (typically slightly up) I take a harder look at my diet, journal food\exercise and adjust from there. It's a really different mindset, but one that works for me.

Don't worry about hurting my feelings because I guarantee you not one bit of my self esteem is tied up in your acceptance.

6. Said thanks:

Name
    Marge
    Surgery date
    11/23/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. David Martin
    Last Activity
    11-11-2016 02:55 PM
    Said "Thanks" 242 Times
    Was Thanked 173 Times in 121 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 152 Times
    Blog Entries

I used to do a green smoothie with spinach, carrots, cucumber, avocado and plain yogurt for protein. I used a Nutribullet, so I got all the fiber, etc.
    Pretty high in calories with the avocado, but I imagine I'd have to drink less than half of what I used to at the point anyway.

If you like it, do it - just be wary of drinking too many calories.

Highest Weight 273
    Day of Surgery 252 (-21)
    Month 1 - 236 (-16)
    Month 2 - 230 (-6)
    Month 3 - 222 (-8)
    Month 4 - 210 (-12)
    Month 5 - 202 (-8)
    Month 6 - 196 (-6)
    Month 7 - 187 (-9)
    Month 8 - 182 (-5)

8. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Merry Mary's Avatar
    Name
    Mary
    Surgery date
    09/29/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr
    Said "Thanks" 166 Times
    Was Thanked 217 Times in 151 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 195 Times

I have not tried juicing but like bikrchk said there isn't much protein in juice. I couldn't drink enough to match the protein from fish or chicken
    HW - 394
    SW - 366
    One year post op - 191
    Goal - 177 met 16 months post op
    Current - 174

220 lost since June 19, 2014

10. Said thanks:

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Name
    Ann2
    Surgery date
    08/18/2014
    Surgeon
    n.a.
    Said "Thanks" 5,839 Times
    Was Thanked 5,052 Times in 2,720 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,616 Times
    Blog Entries

After WLS you're entering a whole new world of what's appropriate to eat. There are very significant reasons why post-op you need a protein-heavy diet. Please understand those reasons and don't make old assumptions about what your body will need. A year or more out you will have more personal discretion about what to eat. But not now.

Consult: 235 lbs
    My and doc's preop diet: 216 -19 lbs
    M1 postop 205 -30
    M2 193 -42
    M3 184 -51
    M4 174 -61
    M5 167 -68
    M6 162 -73
    M7 156 -79
    M8 151 -84
    M9 148 -87
    M10 146 -89
    M11 144 -91
    M12 143 -92
    M13 142 -93
    M14 140 -95
    M15 139 -96
    M16 137 -98
    M17 135 -100

First Surgiversary post

Second Surgiversary post

Third Surgiversary post

13. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member Munecagirl85's Avatar
    Name
    Ashley mejia
    Surgery date
    11/10/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr rodriguez juarez mexico
    Last Activity
    03-17-2017 06:10 AM
    Said "Thanks" 219 Times
    Was Thanked 124 Times in 104 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Iam not trying to replace any meals just for some extra nutrition for diease prevention - i do struggle getting all protiens in at 9 weeks which i need to track better bc i want to keep as much hair as possible! Lol i went to a baratirc store today bought all kinds of bArs and prtien chips and pretzels to try and boost my protien in a day - i was pushing today full alll day!

So very very few veggies if any or fruits! And its so so hard to remeber vitamkns when i have a cabinent of very very expensive ones and iam stock full! Tomorrow is a new day i suppose! Maybe once ism at goal weight i can add a nutribullet- for now ill just focus on protiens

First goal 295- 4-11-16

Second goal 265 - 8-15-16 (that took forever lol halfway there!)

3rd goal 200 -

ATLAST final goal 165-