Surgery date
    08/18/2014
    Surgeon
    n.a.
    Said "Thanks" 5,839 Times
    Was Thanked 5,052 Times in 2,720 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3,616 Times
    Blog Entries

Default VSGSetyoufree and Ann2 met in NYC ...

This morning, I met VSGSetyoufree in Manhattan. I was in town on biz, and he's got a place here.

He and I were both sleeved in August of 2014. As those of you who've had WLS surgery know, you feel a special kinship with those who had surgery around the same time you did. You're going through similar phases, having similar epiphanies, dealing with the same concerns -- at the same time. It's like being in the same high school class or going through boot camp together.

It was wonderful to meet VSGSetyoufree! When we greeted each other, I said, "You're the only person I've met who I KNOW had VSG surgery." He said, "Me, too!" (We're both on the down low about having had WLS.)

We had almost an hour together and walked the entire time -- racking up those Fitbit steps and talking like we'd known each other for years. Although VSGSetyoufree is more than capable of talking for himself (and I'm sure he will), we talked most about how much better our lives, our health, our fitness levels, and our outlooks and attitudes have changed in the last year because we had WLS. We agree that this surgery has wrought miraculous changes in our lives.

And before you ask, we didn't take any selfies because we forgot about it. Plus, it was raining (Hurricane Joaquin is headed up the East Coast right now), and by the end of our walk we looked like drowned rats.

I have made a strong connection here with many folks who are undergoing the life-changing experience WLS can be. I've learned from so many here. I've come to respect that what works for me isn't the same thing that will work for everyone. But I can share what I've done with others, and I can learn from what others share with me here.

To all who consider this site a great resource, please contribute if you're comfortable doing so. Your posts, your questions and your solutions may encourage someone in ways you couldn't imagine. You might even make new friends and, one day, get to meet some of them.

P.S. Damn, now I'm really wishing we'd taken a selfie!

Consult: 235 lbs
    My and doc's preop diet: 216 -19 lbs
    M1 postop 205 -30
    M2 193 -42
    M3 184 -51
    M4 174 -61
    M5 167 -68
    M6 162 -73
    M7 156 -79
    M8 151 -84
    M9 148 -87
    M10 146 -89
    M11 144 -91
    M12 143 -92
    M13 142 -93
    M14 140 -95
    M15 139 -96
    M16 137 -98
    M17 135 -100

First Surgiversary post

Second Surgiversary post

Third Surgiversary post

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    cathi
    Surgery date
    03/05/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr Rantis
    Last Activity
    05-30-2021 01:10 AM
    Said "Thanks" 141 Times
    Was Thanked 506 Times in 372 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 363 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: VSGSetyoufree and Ann2 met in NYC ...

Ann..you are so much fun!! thank for the update!

4. Said thanks: