Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    07-22-2016 07:46 AM
    Said "Thanks" 131 Times
    Was Thanked 50 Times in 36 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 43 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Just scheduled my surgery with Dr. Almanza

Hi Luann, yes you might be right as well, but one of them was referring back to my experiences and yes the other mentioned my name but only Lady, so that's why, I responded. Like you mentioned, I was and can only refer to my experience and not others because I was not a witness and if things happened, which unfortunately, can happen to anyone anywhere, I can only take that as their word. I am not one to denounce someone's mishaps. That's just wrong. What I do see, which I think is sad and this applies to several doctors/patients. There are a lot of coordinators from other physicians on this site, which is something I have never seen before. And you can tell who they are, if you actually pay attention to their join dates, their posts, etc... like the other day, someone made an account, posted about 15-18 times negative remarks about a doctor and their coordinators, and then you never hear from them again. That's all the account was made for. Not a regular joe, sharing their experiences or concerns, etc... Those people like that are awful, because they are just as greedy as another company, if you think about it. Bashing another, to take patients. I mean really. I don't agree, with using scare tactics, in order to get some flow. That's just unethical.

HW 231
    Pre-Op Weight 226
    SW 8/17/15 215 down 11lbs
    9/17/15 191 down another 24 lbs.

2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Kaycha
    Surgery date
    06/02/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    01-18-2016 08:11 PM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 21 Times in 14 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

I wasnt repling to LittleLadyRock directly it was a general statement on what continues to happen whenever I voice what has happened to me.
    Now in reply to your reply to me, I know you werent there and can only go with what I am saying. I dont want for anyone to ever feel like I am attacking them for having a good experience, infact I am happy for them because no one deserves to go through what i am going through and what others have gone through. I also understand complications can happen, here or anywhere but my anger come from no one taking responsability. WLA completly stopped all communication once I reported I was having complications, they say they'll forward my complaints to Dr Almanzas office, then deleted that email from my portal. I have kept in contact with some of the nurses in TJ who are aware of my issues and know I was compliant. The issue I have with Almanza, this could have been avoided if he would have just said NO to doing over 4-5 patients a day. The more patients he does, he increases the risk of complications. Its negligent. I still have a hole in my new stomach. Im 28 and never had any medical issues other than obesity until now. Ive had to postpone school and basically my entire life to deal with this.. Its not fair. Im lucky i found a surgeon who took on my case here in FL. Im lucky my insurance has covered everything so far after meeting my out of pocket. Im lucky my job didnt fire me since I was out of work for 2 months. Its been a lot on myself and my family. Its not an easy fix. No one should have to go through this!

4. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member LadyLitteRock's Avatar
    Surgery date
    08/17/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 131 Times
    Blog Entries

Your right, that is really messed up, only they can be held accountable for their actions and you. Has the issues not been fixed yet? by the surgeon here? why do you still have a hole, isn't that dangerous? what are they telling you and what are they doing? why haven't they repaired it, and what are they saying was the actual cause. A leak? turned into a hole, that will remain un repairable? glad to hear your insurance is paying for everything, since they can be very slick and say no.

HW 231
    Pre-Op Weight 226

Name
    Kaycha
    Surgery date
    06/02/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times

Well the issue is that its not an easy fix. They cant just suture it because it can just cause more holes/leaks. The first step in treating it, is allowing the stomach to rest. So I was NPO, had a PICC Line inserted, I was on TPN, Hydration Fluids, Lipids, Antibiotics, Anti Fungals. Keep in mind it has to be for a minimim 6 weeks since thats what it takes for the new pouch to heal. I was NPO and on TPN for 8 weeks. There was some progress as the perforation did shrink a little. But then my PICC Line got infected and had to be removed. They decided to allow me to progress my diet to a full liquid diet since the tissue in my pouch was still too fragile to go through any procedures yet. Well, the perforation began to heal, only it began to heal open instead of closing, it formed a cavity around itself. I had an Edoscopy done on Monday since there has been no change in the perforation in 4 weeks now, tomorrow is my follow up, and the next step will be a possible mesh stent option. So tomorrow ill find out if thats whats happening next. If so, ill be hospitalized again for a minimum of 72 hours to ensure i am able to tolerate it and have no additional complications. They were hoping that allowing me to progress my diet would form an abscess where the perforation is so they can go in, drain it, and close the hole while draining it. But it has not. So tomorrows consult would be about a stent placement.

Name
    Kaycha
    Surgery date
    06/02/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times

I showed two surgeons here in FL my XRay "Leak Test" from TJ both agreed that there was so much inflammation and with the obstruction of the JP Drain that it was impossible to determine that there was no leak. They also agreed that the leak has been there from day one based on how the stable line of my stomach is. The perforation is at the bottom of my stomach, its more difficult to heal because of the Pyloric Sphincter and there is a lot more pressure in that area of the stomach

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    09-01-2015 04:38 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Wow....I'm sorry to hear that you have to go thru this. I hope they can make you whole soon. I'm praying for you.

10. Said thanks:

Name
    Kaycha
    Surgery date
    06/02/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times

Thank you Japeyez. One day at a time, with God, Prayers and as Positive Attitude.

Gastric Sleeve Member LadyLitteRock's Avatar
    Surgery date
    08/17/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 131 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KaychieB View Post
    I showed two surgeons here in FL my XRay "Leak Test" from TJ both agreed that there was so much inflammation and with the obstruction of the JP Drain that it was impossible to determine that there was no leak. They also agreed that the leak has been there from day one based on how the stable line of my stomach is. The perforation is at the bottom of my stomach, its more difficult to heal because of the Pyloric Sphincter and there is a lot more pressure in that area of the stomach
    God Bless you girly, sorry to hear about this ordeal. From the procedure to the picc line, to additional holes developing damn girl..... Well hopefully after all this, everything will get back to normal and you can be on a more positive side with results and happiness and success like it should be.
    Good Luck

HW 231
    Pre-Op Weight 226

Name
    Kaycha
    Surgery date
    06/02/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times

Thank you LadyLittleRock. Im so looking forward to that day!