Surgeon
    Dr mario almanza
    Last Activity
    02-15-2016 06:57 PM
    Said "Thanks" 23 Times
    Was Thanked 19 Times in 16 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 9 Times
    Blog Entries

Default Re: ANOTHER GREAT ARTICLE: Following plan or not -- here's your sign

Excellent read, thanks Ann

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Surgery date
    06/22/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    05-14-2019 04:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

Thanks for the article , Ann 2. It was truly an eye-opener for me as I didn't realize my sluggishness/ fatigue could be caused by dehydration! I'm having trouble getting in liquids and I knew as soon as I read that little tidbit that I had found the cause of my problem.

I'm really going to try harder with my liquids....again thanks for posting this!

5. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    06/22/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    05-14-2019 04:59 PM
    Said "Thanks" 5 Times
    Was Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times

I meant to state in my response that I didn't realize dehydration could be the reason I suffer from so much NAUSEA...not fatigue! I get nauseous from the smell of food and from the after taste of everything I eat... If I don't immediately suck on a lemon or a piece of cinnamon or something, everything comes back up! I've been trying very hard to get the liquids in....I'm going to try harder now!

7. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member azladyrider's Avatar
    Name
    Sue Ashe
    Surgery date
    06/28/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr Almanza
    Said "Thanks" 42 Times
    Was Thanked 326 Times in 229 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 7 Times
    Blog Entries

Thanks for posting this BUT (yeah go figure there's a but here)
    <b>4. Everything in moderation is the way to do this.
    Nooooo, that was not a good plan before surgery either. Our moderation button is broken. We moderated ourselves right up to 300 pounds. We never ate ONE mini Snickers from the Halloween bowl, we ate them all and nothing has changed. Get over it! Accept that after bariatric surgery there are categories of foods you just can’t eat anymore. Learn to live without bread, macaroni, tortillas, rice, potatoes and sugar. If this bothers you. Don’t. Have. Surgery. Keep Living Large. Stay Vast.</b>
    REALLY? Moderation is pretty much forced on us with 2/3 of our stomach being ripped out of us. Want a snickers bar? Have one. But you won't be able to tolerate more than one is my guess (or hope) If you do and you get sick then welll... there ya go - bet you don't do that shit again huh?
    Live without bread, macaroni, etc? WHY SAYS? I eat all of those and more and I am still the same weight that I was nearly 3 years ago. I just ate a breakfast sandwich with sourdough bread from Jack in the Box - but I ate 1/3rd of it rather than the whole thing. I'm stuffed and it was good too. Saying that people can NEVER eat this or that is misleading and quite frankly bullshit sorry! I split a peanut buster parfait with a friend who is skinny as a rail naturally (I hate him lol) and I took like 3 bites while he finished the rest. Went to a Chinese Buffet yesterday too - shrimp, General Tso chicken, noodles and a side of chocolate cake - all in very small portions. Statements like this is what freaks people out when they see some people say they can NEVER eat this or that again.

and # 2 issue is with this <b>9. Maybe I’ll get lucky and not lose my hair.
    There is nothing you can do about losing your hair after surgery. It’s shock. Yes, that is hair in your brush (and then the surgically induced malnutrition kicks in). If you don’t plan your meals and target protein and nutrients, it won’t grow back. You can be one of the turtles on their backs who tell each other to get short haircuts and that no one notices, or you can be proactive and make sure you get the right nutrients. Boom. </b> Sorry but I didn't lose any of my hair - nope nada zip. I took prenatal vitamins and hair and nail supplements as soon as I knew the date for my surgery. I had someone that I knew who told me to take the vitamins and it helped.

The article is overall good advice but ...
    Reason: Fonts

9. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member RubbityDub's Avatar
    Name
    Kathryn
    Surgery date
    03/17/2014
    Surgeon
    Dr Ian Martin
    Last Activity
    05-04-2019 04:08 PM
    Said "Thanks" 24 Times
    Was Thanked 31 Times in 31 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 138 Times
    Blog Entries

I still think you should update your "Marilyn" picture to your own.
    May she rest in peace, but I don't think she would have had anything on you if she would have lived to be your age (not that you are old). [/QUOTE]

Here here!!!!!! Come on Ann you have become 'gastric sleeve royalty" so can't we see the real you? PLEASE!!!!

11. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Surgery date
    07/15/2014
    Surgeon
    Ramiro Sonny Cavazos
    Last Activity
    02-12-2018 10:32 PM
    Said "Thanks" 44 Times
    Was Thanked 128 Times in 127 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 93 Times
    Blog Entries

Great article. Thanks.

13. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    02/09/2015
    Last Activity
    03-18-2016 04:39 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 68 Times in 41 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Really good article Ann, a good push to just be a rule follower and succeed .....and......I got used to thinking you were Marilyn...you are BEAUTIFUL!

15. Said thanks:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12