Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    11-08-2023 05:37 PM
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times
    Was Thanked 1,328 Times in 515 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

Default Re: Fed up 😢

You are not on a diet

Since you are not on a diet, you cannot be failing at a diet.

This is not a race...it's a marathon. Since you will be sleeved for the REST OF YOUR LIFE, you need to take a deep breath, step back, and analyze what is and isn't working for you. In other words, you need to take control of YOUR food plan. Make one for yourself. Quit trying to make some one else's plan work for you...especially if it isn't.

You must eat no less than 80 ozs of protein a day. Don't know how many killolitres or ketograms, or millwomps that is, but, you get the point. I know it's difficult now to do that, but, do the best you can.

You must drink no less than 64 oz of WATER a day. Not protein shakes, sports drinks, cocktails, wine, beer, sodas....WATER, AGUA, H2O. You can have as much of that other stuff as you want, but, you still need 64 oz of WATER a day. This is mandatory. Again, your little pinkie sized sleeve can't hold that now, but, you need to do the best you can.

And last but not least, you need to never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, over eat......ever.

If you want more help than that, then post everything you put into your mouth on a daily basis. All foods, liquids, supplements. If you'll do that, then you'll get a lot of advice on what to do and then you can choose what works best for you. Without knowing that information, it's going to be hard to help you.

Lot's of folks on here will disagree with me, but, I can guarantee you that stalls can be busted and furthermore, they can be avoided all together. Ask Jessiejess and Dawnrogers7. I can tell you how, but, you've got to be invested in ditching the current path you are on and try making a plan tailored just for you. If you aren't willing to do that, then you'll need to obtain copious amounts of patience because you are going to stall, stall often and stay stalled for long periods of time because it's obvious that what you are doing isn't working to your satisfaction. In all fairness, Ann is right. Your weight loss is pretty darn good to this point. If you want better, then get ready to make some change.

Good Luck to you.....

Robert

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Nicole
    Surgery date
    02/26/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr Jose Rodriquez Villareal
    Last Activity
    10-25-2017 01:58 PM
    Said "Thanks" 16 Times
    Was Thanked 260 Times in 174 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 134 Times

Don't try to do all this on your own. We have all failed on our previous diets as well, so we are here to help! Go to your regular doctor, and then a nutritionist. They are well versed in your "diet" after wls. Hang in there as everyone said, we have all gone thru these stalls too! It will start to fall off!

One thing that I did was do all my measurements. So if I wasn't losing huge amounts of weight, I would see the positives of "lost inches". It really helped me! My husband also had the sleeve done, but was 2 months ahead of me. One he was losing weight super fast, and although I knew he would, I couldn't help but feel depressed that I wasn't losing as fast. Now I don't care! I have lost 75 pounds and still want to lose maybe another 5-10 pounds depending on how I feel. He has lost 100! You will succeed! Don't worry!

5. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    06/30/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr Prochazka
    Last Activity
    06-24-2016 09:26 PM
    Said "Thanks" 32 Times
    Was Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times

Thanks Tinman and I am very open to advice to break stalls and get this weight moving. It will somehow prove I haven't inadvertently done something to hamper/ hinder my progress.

Surgery date
    06/30/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr Prochazka
    Last Activity
    06-24-2016 09:26 PM
    Said "Thanks" 32 Times
    Was Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 6 Times

Thanks Niki, and congratulations on your weight loss x