2. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    07-03-2015 12:45 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

Default Re: fyi

I've been researching Dr. Mario Almanza and WeightLossAgents for weeks and I just read this story online! How can this website continue advertising this murderer surgeon???

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Last Activity
    07-03-2015 12:45 AM
    Said "Thanks" 0 Times
    Was Thanked 9 Times in 4 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 0 Times

I did a google search. There are so so so many horror stories about this Dr. Almanza. I keep seeing banner ads all over this site advertising him. Someone needs to let the site admin know they're advertising a bad surgeon.

Gastric Sleeve Member airheadbruce's Avatar
    I have had a gastric sleeve.
    Name
    Bruce
    Surgery date
    05/01/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    03-09-2016 05:29 PM
    Said "Thanks" 8 Times
    Was Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 4 Times

Do a Google search on ANY surgeon here in the US.... For every THOUSAND cases, they could ALL be good, but you get ONE bad case, and Panic sets in. I had Surgery May 1st. NO complications. Great care and follow up. A girl at the same time was getting a Lapband taken out that she had done in the States, and having a Sleeve done, and lo and behold, The lapband had been inproperly installed, had cut a hole in her stomach, and acid was leaking into her abdomen. Dr. Almanza FIXED it, took out he lap band, and sent her home to heal WITHOUT doing the Sleeve, because it would have been to dangerous to fix the problem, AND do the sleeve. So there you go...an example where he SAVED someone who had surgery in the US.... point being....as with every surgery, there is the possibility of a problem... No matter who does it or where it's done. I have to say from my experience, and what I saw and what I see is done here in the US, I have NO problem with Mexico. If I had done it here, the Doctors and Hospital would have sent me home the first day. There, I was overnight in a hospital, they have you stay close by in a Hotel the next 2 nights, with constant nurse care, they check you TWICE for leakage.... Can't expect any more than that.

6. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    05/27/2015
    Surgeon
    Eric Valladares
    Last Activity
    07-03-2015 02:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 47 Times
    Blog Entries

I dont know Dr Almanza but respect him for the many lives he has changes of my fellow bloggers-- all we can do is pray for him

8. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents
    Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    05/27/2015
    Surgeon
    Eric Valladares
    Last Activity
    07-03-2015 02:04 PM
    Said "Thanks" 2 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 17 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 47 Times
    Blog Entries

this is almanzas site

Gastric Sleeve Member
    Surgery date
    07/07/2015
    Surgeon
    Broussard
    Last Activity
    02-17-2017 04:13 PM
    Said "Thanks" 83 Times
    Was Thanked 98 Times in 57 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times
    Blog Entries

I weighed out the pros and cons over paying $5000 for Mexico or $12,000 with complication insurance in the US. The numbers just didn't make sense to me to fly to California then go across the border. When I added up the costs it was too close to call and have chosen WeightWise in Edmond, OK.

We all know it is a tough personal decision that you have to be comfortable with.

Surgery date
    03/10/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr.Almanza
    Last Activity
    04-29-2018 11:53 PM
    Said "Thanks" 39 Times
    Was Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2,900 Times
    Blog Entries

I went to Dr Almanza for a life saving surgery "the Sleeve" I got the Sleeve 3/10/15. Today is 7/4/15 I am down 102 pounds and shrinking. DOCTOR MARIO ALMANZA HAS SAVED MY LIFE AND I WANT EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT I AM GRATEFUL. THANK YOU DOCTOR ALMANZA AND THE WEIGHT LOSS AGENTS.

12. Said thanks:

Name
    Edward
    Surgery date
    04/13/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Darren Soong
    Last Activity
    03-28-2019 10:52 AM
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times
    Was Thanked 33 Times in 16 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 1 Times

I paid $12K out of pocket to have the surgery done right here in Vegas by Dr. Soong and it was the best money I ever spent. Not for a second would I consider going to Mexico to get operated on by someone who's not educated, licensed and insured in the United States. The worst problem is exactly what it says in that article - you can't get any answers, no liability or accountability. They kick you out and send you home, apparently sometimes in a coma. Heartbreaking.

People say they can't afford to get the surgery in the States? Hogwash! What is the actual difference when you consider airfare to California and possible stay there for a couple of days? Maybe $6,000? Even someone with bad credit can easily get a loan through one of the peer-to-peer lending websites like Peerform, Lending Club, Prosper, etc. A loan of $6,000 paid over 5 years at 12% interest is $133.47/month. Anyone can afford it. You'll be saving more than that by not stuffing your face 24/7 like you used to do before the surgery.

You are getting the surgery so that you can enjoy a long and healthy life with your family and loved ones. Make sure you do everything to minimize the chance of them having to bury you after a botched surgery in a third world country. By the way, it'll probably cost them way more than six grand to put you in the ground.

14. Said thanks:

Gastric Sleeve Member AmberNurse's Avatar
    Name
    Amber
    Surgery date
    05/18/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-05-2018 08:28 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries

You'll be saving more than that by not stuffing your face 24/7 like you used to do before the surgery.
    WOW really????? Does that senetance pertain to you too??? That was a stupid comment. And yes I chose to go to mexico and have it done self pay. The mexico surgeons are educated and you can view their certificates etc whenever you want. and yah they wont be licensed in the US because they are in Mexico hence why we went to mexico to have it done. that's our choice to have it done in mexico and since you are also a bariatric patient why do you have to bash those that did that and not support us? Really aggravates me when ppl such as you bash other weight loss people who have feelings to.

16. Said thanks:

Surgery date
    12/20/2013
    Surgeon
    Ariel Ortiz & Arturo Martinez
    Said "Thanks" 699 Times
    Was Thanked 1,627 Times in 805 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 2 Times
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmberNurse View Post
    You'll be saving more than that by not stuffing your face 24/7 like you used to do before the surgery.
    WOW really????? Does that senetance pertain to you too??? That was a stupid comment. And yes I chose to go to mexico and have it done self pay. The mexico surgeons are educated and you can view their certificates etc whenever you want. and yah they wont be licensed in the US because they are in Mexico hence why we went to mexico to have it done. that's our choice to have it done in mexico and since you are also a bariatric patient why do you have to bash those that did that and not support us? Really aggravates me when ppl such as you bash other weight loss people who have feelings to.
    This guy has been on here bashing Mexico surgeons, making deragatory remarks about Mexico and TJ, chastising people for going to Mexico for surgery, and then having a hissy fit over being called prejudiced. And don't try to debate him....he's a total waste of time. He simply ignores most of your statement, picks out one sentence out of context to go off on, and completely disregards any facts that don't support his position. He is one of the most ignorant, arrogant asses I've come across on any Internet forum.

Gastric Sleeve Member AmberNurse's Avatar
    Name
    Amber
    Surgery date
    05/18/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Almanza
    Last Activity
    02-05-2018 08:28 PM
    Said "Thanks" 1 Times
    Was Thanked 4 Times in 3 Posts
    Blog Entries

thanks for the heads up. yah you cant fix stupid! Have good day!

Name
    Edward
    Surgery date
    04/13/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Darren Soong
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times

Quote Originally Posted by AmberNurse View Post
    Ummm...yes, that statement applies to me to. I didn't get to 288lbs by eating sensibly, now did I? Good grief, what are you so sensitive about? We are all recovering fatties, we all used to stuff our faces. Which part of it isn't true?

Name
    Edward
    Surgery date
    04/13/2015
    Surgeon
    Dr. Darren Soong
    Last Activity
    Said "Thanks" 4 Times

Quote Originally Posted by Kindle View Post
    This guy has been on here bashing Mexico surgeons, making deragatory remarks about Mexico and TJ, chastising people for going to Mexico for surgery, and then having a hissy fit over being called prejudiced. And don't try to debate him....he's a total waste of time. He simply ignores most of your statement, picks out one sentence out of context to go off on, and completely disregards any facts that don't support his position. He is one of the most ignorant, arrogant asses I've come across on any Internet forum.
    I didn't chastise anyone, I stated my opinion, which is supported by facts. You wanted to show your stupidity and ignorance by calling me a racist with zero basis for it. Then you got all butt hurt when I proved what a clueless moron you are and now you saying I threw a hissy fit? Good grief, you are one of those people that wouldn't survive a day without warning labels, aren't you?

Surgery date
    08/23/2012
    Surgeon
    Dr. Mario Almanza
    Last Activity
    11-08-2023 05:37 PM
    Said "Thanks" 65 Times
    Was Thanked 1,328 Times in 515 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 3 Times

I swore I wasn't going to post on here anymore...but....sometimes I gotta vent my spleen.

Alright...enough already. Whether you want to believe it or not Edward, you did chastise in this thread and also in the previous thread where you came out against getting sleeved in Mexico. Webster defines chastising as criticizing harshly. In my opinion, you chastised and then went WAY too far when you started name calling. Name calling only serves to illustrate just how weak your ability to debate really is. Instead of name calling, why don't spend some time doing some research and come out with a mature, well thought out position backed by facts and done in a way as to not belittle the folks you are debating.

In other words, show some class.

Fact is, you have no argument. You probably shouldn't argue about something you that know nothing about. The fact that you've admittedly never been to Mexico for this procedure only shines a huge spot light on your ill informed opinion. Here's the dealio, unless you have actually been to Mexico and had the sleeve procedure, there's no way you can give informed advice about that. You can give an opinion, but, your opinion about having the surgery in Mexico is about as relevant as my opinion is about dating Lindsay Lohan.

I've never done it so I can't really say I know what I'm talking about.

Now, what I can say is that I think LiLo is bunny boiling crazy, but again, that's just an opinion and I will offer it as such.

I read the previous post where Kindle made an unfortunate accusation about you. Kindle also owned up to her mistake and then went on to apologize. You my friend, need to let it go.

As for going to Mexico for surgery, I went. I went to the cleanest clinic I have ever been to in my life. I mean, there were six or seven little Mexicans that did nothing more all day long than wipe down every flat surface in that clinic 24/7/365. Personally, I think it was an absolute bonus that my clinic was next door to a Pittsburgh Paint store and right across the parking lot from a huge lingerie shop. The lingerie shop gave me a reason for getting up every morning and walking. I loved getting up at 5:00 in the morning and going downstairs in the hotel and watching the drunk ass kids going home from the disco that was around the corner. That was pure comedy.

Oh...I also happen to personally know of 25 other folks who went to Mexico and as a co-incidence, all 25 went to the same doctor as I did and all had the same great experiences as me and their results were just as good and just as long lasting. That doesn't mean that I know 25 people on this site, it means I know 25 people in Houston Texas that I am friends with. Do you know 25 people in Vegas who had the surgery with Dr. Soong and all had great experiences? If so, then you need to say that.

On another note. Don't make folks that really can't borrow the money to go see your Dr., or any stateside Dr. feel any worst about their situation. Again....classless. 12k seems to be very inexpensive for the procedure. I'm not saying you are being inaccurate, but, here in Houston, the cheapest self pay I've been able to find is 18k. I look every day because I also help folks any way I can to get this procedure. In the end, the $4,500.00 I spent for the procedure and the $1,500.00 I spent for airfare is the best 6k I ever spent. I got my procedure done by a surgeon who had already done 7,500 of them and for me, that was peace of mind. I wanted someone who had been there, seen it all, and knew what to do if an emergency occurred on the table.

So, let's just agree to disagree about the sleeve procedure in Mexico.

You have your opinion and I have my facts. So does Kindle.

22. Said thanks: