11/05/2013
    Surgeon
    Dr. Alejandro Lopez
    Said "Thanks" 114 Times
    Was Thanked 213 Times in 187 Posts
    Said "Welcome to Gastric Sleeve" 108 Times

Default Re: July Surgery with Almanza

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireLevaou View Post
    I was wondering how did you find the hole in your stomach if they did a leak test and they say that they give you the xray of it....how long after you returned to the states was the hole found? Also regardless of him being in another country I'm sure you could've tried to find a way to seek legal action. All other patients that I've seen on this forum for the last 2-3yrs have had great successful journeys but going into any surgery there's gonna be the 1-20%-ers that's just a fact and just because not a lot of patients report their complications doesn't mean that the surgeons dont make mistakes.
    Saphire, this thread is over 3 years old, and from her profile it looks like KaychieB hasn't been back to this forum since 2016. So you may not get an answer to your question. The leak test I wouldn't think is 100%, as nothing in medicine / diagnostic tests is absolutely fail proof, and I would also expect leaks can develop after the fact in the post op period. I don't know about the specifics of her situation, and if she comes back on to answer that's the best - not trying to overstep.

2. Said thanks:

3. Gastric Sleeve Surgery With Weight Loss Agents